Last in points allowed

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense is dead last in points allowed this year. Im assuming this is probaly Mike Sherman's fault. Since it is obvious that TT and MM can do no wrong.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The defense is dead last in points allowed this year. Im assuming this is probaly Mike Sherman's fault. Since it is obvious that TT and MM can do no wrong.

Okay...

Manuel is a BIG reason IMO....and yup that is TT's guy...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st

Why bother make this post and then make a statement like that? It's like your asking for a fight to start...

2nd

As far as who's fault it is. I think it goes down on the coaching rather than the GM. Put it on the McCarthy, Sanders, and their Defensive Staff. That's my opinion. I think there is a ton of talent there. A lot of it is young but no excuse to why they are this bad right now. GB still has a lot of pieces yet to be fixed as well.

3rd

This Defense has struggled even before Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy got here. It's been the problem of this team for a while now. Pretty much old news..

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if you approach it from the perspective that our defense is being rebuilt from the ground up because MS left it with no LBs except Barnett; a secondary with Joey Thomas, Ahmad Carroll and Mark "Matador" Roman; and a D-line that needed to be overhauled to replace such outstanding MS picks as Donnell Washington, James Lee and C. Hunt....why yes, you could say the problem is in large part attributable to that wheeler-dealer of a GM Mike Sherman...who never found a draft pick or player he would not throw away for a draft day reach....who kept Torrance "If I only had a brain" Marshall over Hunter Hillenmeyer, and who littered his roster with projects in order to turn charcoal into diamonds to validate his own genius as GM (just like Denny Green).

For those of you who still believe that MS did not have a massive ego and control freak tendencies...which are largely responsible for his horrible decisions regarding personnel...I ask you, "what color is the sky in your world?"

A football team is a dynamic entity and cannot be looked at in a vacuum on a year to year basis. Things done in seasons prior have an impact on the years to come...you know, like rookies taking 2 - 3 years to develop....and when they do not develop you are left with a smelly pile o' turd occupying the locker room.

To say that MS' decisions in years prior had no impact on the current state of the team is bing dishonest. Like a child who believes that the toy is gone forever when you place it under a pillow...some people would like to believe that with him now gone, Sherman's decisions no longer impact this team.

And for clarification...it is a friggin' analogy...I am not calling you children, or simple or any other derogatory.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Defense before TEDDY

25th ranking in 2004 and I am using the same thing people like to use..Yards given up..

So in 2004 they went from 25th ranked, to 2005 7th overall under Ted... thats not the stat I like using but seems majority like to use yards allowed to base how good the D was..

And scoring 23rd in 2004, and that was after a full season...

2004 it was 23.8 this year it is 26, 2.2 per game more who is to say it wont get a little better considering there are 6 more games.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Why post this? You're looking for an argument, that is obvious.

This type of sillyness makes forums lameduckish. You and everyone knows the Packers place where they do because of THEM not someone on the Texans staff or the Jaguars.

As per Ted and Mike doing 'no wrong'. Another comment looking for an argument.

Get real.

If you want to fall in the line of being a straight shooter and calling it as you see it. Great! Don't try to make an argument though. There are too many people that will jump the bait.

OP
OP
IronMan

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the Packers are last in defense:

-Marquan Manuel cant play safety and TT shouldve never signed him
- Shottenheimer cant coach, has proved it everywhere he has been, and McCarthy never should have gave him the job.
-The safeties have given up more 20+ plays than anyone in the league. A problem that McCarthy and his coaches cant fix after mini camps, training camp, and 13 weeks into the season
- and Kgb is a liability to say the least

Hopefully these things will be addressed in the offseason.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they are midwestfavrefan. Our biggest problem would definetly be the safties...but i don't beleive it is Manuel's fault at all. Nor is it collin's fault. The whole problem revolves around Shottenheimer. U know hes a horrible coach. Our D-line is really good, Linebackers are good....Seconsary is two thumbs way down. With a different coach, i think manuel is much better. I really do think our players are good! Dam coach!!

Staff online

Latest posts