LaRon Landry anyone?

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some think he is a top 5 safety... After putting on that much muscle mass, I would suggest moving him to defensive tackle! Lol

I give him a lot of credit for putting the effort into getting that kind of body but does that translate into being a good football player? At some point I think you have enough muscle mass and after that point it becomes a detriment. He has reached that point and blown the doors off! He should probably become a bodybuilder and engage in his true love, seriously. I wouldnt spend the money that it would take to get him, although he is a good hitter, but thats about it. I really dont know what the heck he is thinking, he can get huge like this after his NFL days.

Reaction score
I give him a lot of credit for putting the effort into getting that kind of body but does that translate into being a good football player?
Exactly. This might affect his speed negatively and he might not have the quickness needed to close off on the runningback or run with a receiver over the top... There is a reason why someone athletic (like Clay Matthews) isn't a safety.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy is available again. He played all 16 games for the Jets and from the little bit I saw of him he looked pretty good. Anyone else's thoughts?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could really have used Landry's physicality. I don't think anyone can question that.
Him in the box with Burnett deep would have been ideal. This guy tackles.... but he has been brittle despite tons of muscle, and he's not great in coverage.
But he is a clear talent.
We could have gotten him cheaper last year..... no way this year.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I like his physical ability, but for some reason there is something about him that just says it wouldn't work.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys have already hit all the things I would say about acquiring Landry. His size and his ability to cover the field. Our D needs somebody who can cover the field in this pass happy game. I think his size would certainly be a hindrance in that respect. That brings up another question. Why is he beefing up? Somebody mentioned a possible switch to LB. Somebody also mentioned the idea of drug testing. Anytime somebody bulks up that fast it leads to questions. But the biggest reason I would say nay on Landry is the cost. I don't think he's in our budget range with all the guys we have already. For anybody who wants him here I ask you this. Who, and we are talking several, guys are you willing to give up to bring him here.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bob Sanders and Ray Lewis are two good reasons why you shouldn't use the curling machine so often in the weight room. They separate their biceps too often. Look at an LB like Urlacher, he doesn't look too jacked in his arms but he doesn't need to have big biceps to be an effective player.

Members online

Latest posts