Language

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a good idea to use less profanity. I try to do it less, and we don't let our 13-year-old son curse at home, even though I guess it's the cool thing to do at his age.

I really don't see it as something hard to do to not swear on someone else's board. At someone else's house, you abide by their rules or leave. It's called courtesy.

Z
It never ends. I won't let my 21 yr old son who is in the army curse in front of his mother or grandmothers.
He can say anthing he wants to me but not to them.

OP
OP
T

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The symbols are ok, it is when there is only one of them inserted into the word that makes it difficult. Use symbols for the entire word and I have no problem. Adults can figure out what you are saying. But is swearing that important? My dad used to tell me that people swear only because they can't adequately express themselves in a civilized manner.

I mod this site as if I had to turn the site over to a 13yr old to read. Will he get some of the adult humor? maybe....maybe not. Kind of like the Shrek movies. There is adult references all throughout the movie but kids don't figure them out. That is fine. "I can't believe Woodson was left off the %$#^*%$ list would be fine. "F$^king" is not. (used strictly for illustrative purposes).

And Brennen, we as mods have been asked by the forum members to PM them when we have changed their posts. It is a courtesy to you not to call you out and so you know that your post was changed. You don't have to like my sending you a PM. You can stop it one of two ways, abide by the rules or leave. That's your call.

And as far as a life goes Brennen, I have a very busy and succesful life. That is exactly why I don't want to spend my limited time on here cleaning up posts of those who choose to inappropriately express themselves. I would rather spend my time reading insightful comments on the Packers and the NFL.

the example of Kimmel is similar to the smack forum. And it is also why Kimmel is not prime time but late late night.

Rule of thumb..... Post what you wouldn't mind sending in email to your parents or kids.

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh - why not just get a profanity filter of some kind. Other forums have those.

I'm sorry, but I don't get this? How does swearing make you dumb?..

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we need someone to police the profanity on this forum, like a hall monitor of sorts.

Any applicants? :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
musccy said:
Have you ever watched Jimmy Kimmel and his ****ing show where he has a segment about excessive ****s and how it's funny if you insert unnecessary ****s in random segments of ***** video clips?

With my weak attempt at humor aside, I completely agree with the profanity, and I understand the ***s as well. You mean the same thing when you insert some symbols so the intent is still there.

It's not too difficult to refrain from typing an f or s-bomb when describing a catch or missed tackle, if anything it's easier because you type fewer letters!
I agree Musccy.........problem is, with some people, if you take out all the cuss words, all you are left with is:
"what the is i can't is there any huh!?!?!? :wink: :lol:

and just who the are you referring to?
(Cheesey looks around.......) :shrug: :wink: :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh - why not just get a profanity filter of some kind. Other forums have those.

It doesn't make you dumb.........it makes you appear to be dumb.
It doesn't take any intellegence to rattle off a bunch of swear words to try to make a point. It DOES take intellegence (and self control) to say the same thing without using cuss words. And it takes some class to hold back on the cussing.
(Trust me.....there have been several times i have WANTED to let loose on someone here, but FORCED myself not to do so. I'm not saying it's always easy, but can be done.) The rules want to keep this site friendly to the youngin's, so if you HAVE to swear, go to the "smack" area and cut loose.

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All right guys and gals....remember that little fat man in the red suit is checking his list to find out who's been naughty and nice. And he really disapproves of foul language...like "Vikings and Bears and Lions." These are at the absolute top of his list on no-no's. Sooooo.......

You better watch out, you better not wail
Better not pout, It's too no avail,
Trippster Man is scanning your mail. :santa:

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

An instant Classic! 8)

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All right guys and gals....remember that little fat man in the red suit is checking his list to find out who's been naughty and nice. And he really disapproves of foul language...like "Vikings and Bears and Lions." These are at the absolute top of his list on no-no's. Sooooo.......

:lol:

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My 7 year old son has started a "potty mouth" jar. Every time Dad lets one fly, the jar gets a dollar. Ironically, every bill in the jar came while I was watching a Packers game. As I recall, he got five bucks in the Dallas game. The kid's gonna be rich by the time the playoffs are over.

Maybe set the forum up to take PayPal and automatically deduct a buck for every obscenity?

Yeah, that's the ticket...

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CHICKENS! TURKEYS! DUCKS!
(Sorry for all the "foul" language!!!) :lol: :lol:

Com'on Cheese. We expect better of you. (Better jokes that is.)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

1st ever Cheesey alert... well beyond the normal power of a cheesey joke. :razz:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

1st ever Cheesey alert... well beyond the normal power of a cheesey joke. :razz:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This is a test. This is only a test of the Cheesey Emergency System. The forum members in your area in voluntary cooperation with the Federal, State and local authorities have developed this system to keep you informed in the event of a cheesey emergency.
If this had been an actual cheesey emergency the Attention Signal you just saw would have been followed by the instructions to Control-Alt-Del on your keyboard.
This concludes this test of the Cheesey Emergency System.
We now return you to our regularly scheduled postings.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
This is a test. This is only a test of the Cheesey Emergency System. The forum members in your area in voluntary cooperation with the Federal, State and local authorities have developed this system to keep you informed in the event of a cheesey emergency.
If this had been an actual cheesey emergency the Attention Signal you just saw would have been followed by the instructions to Control-Alt-Del on your keyboard.

:LOL:

Well done..

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:

:LOL:

Well done..

We worked well together like salt and peter. I mean pepper.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha...well done WPR...I was about to respond to cheesy with a "boooooo" but I think your alert system is a little better.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha...well done WPR...I was about to respond to cheesy with a "boooooo" but I think your alert system is a little better.

Cheesey is capable of so much more. He set the bar high now we expect him to clear it every single time.
Of course he frequently doesn't but we still expect him to. That is the risk of being Cheesey and he has to live with it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

the only thing i can think of is maybe ryan doesn't have time to enable it sufficiently for his needs
:shrug:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts