Lang has turned from life of party to all business

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The last three years, the personable, ultra-honest T.J. Lang has matured from out-all-night 21-year-old to lights-out-by-10 father. Lang is the first to admit it. He didn't take this job seriously enough and nearly paid the price.

Source: JSOnline.com

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The room was finally empty. Desolate. His teammates cleared out, coaches cleared out, media members cleared out.
Inside the visitors' locker room at Ford Field, T.J. Lang was finally alone with his thoughts.
Clutching his bag, the Green Bay Packers left guard took a deep breath.

Lang would've handled this differently three years ago. But not now. Not after his transformation, not with everything he's going through.
"I could easily take this situation, go out and do dumb (expletive) to try to forget about it," Lang said. "I've learned that's not the way to take care of things."

The "situation" is every son's nightmare. Lang's father - some 20 minutes from Ford Field - is battling a life-threatening illness. Without specifying, Lang said his dad, Tom Lang, would begin treatment this week. Perspective hit like a head-on collision. The news rocked him.

Dad never missed a game at Lambeau Field. Ever. And seven hours before Lang's game against Minnesota Vikings on Nov. 14, he discovered his dad's health had turned south. Someone would be missing.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I never heard of him being a party guy..Staying out till 4 am, then going into work at 7 am and would hide it from mostly everyone

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would certainly explain why the flashes that we saw from him early on in his career never amounted to anything more than flashes until this season. Thank you Jesus! And SO LONG DARRYN "GOD'S GIFT TO FOOTBALL" COLLEDGE!!!!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't miss the Colledge Experience...at all...I felt Lang would be good when he filled in at LT for Clifton back in '08, he was moved all over that line and played decently as a rookie, I'm not shocked he's playing well now, more like I'm pleased that he's playing well b/c I felt he could

Members online

Latest posts