Lang extended; Are we going to have enough money to keep our guys?

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw that Lang was extended the other day and it got me thinking... Are we going to have enough money to keep our guys?? Rodgers, Jennings, Raji, Matthews are the BIG ones on the horizon. Are we going to have the money to keep all of these guys? None of them come across as greedy, but money can do crazy things to people.

What do you guys think? And if someone walks because they get more money elsewhere, who do you guys think we lose? No way it's Rodgers, but out of the other 3?

Reaction score
Jennings would be the most likely to be let go... He's my 3rd favorite player though :(... As a player in his prime, he will want big money and he did say that there is no guarantee he will be a Packer forever. Matthews will get a 50+ million contract for sure and we could squeeze Raji in cheaper than we might expect.

I still expect us to keep all of them in the end.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings would be the most likely to be let go... He's my 3rd favorite player though :(... As a player in his prime, he will want big money and he did say that there is no guarantee he will be a Packer forever. Matthews will get a 50+ million contract for sure and we could squeeze Raji in cheaper than we might expect.

I still expect us to keep all of them in the end.

I wish the Packers could keep all their player that are becoming free agents in the next two years . Aaron Rodgers' new c0ntract may be a huge problem. Ted Thompson and Russ Ball will be challenged to come up with creative ways to write new contacts allowing the Packer to resign all the Free agents

Reaction score
I wish the Packers could keep all their player that are becoming free agents in the next two years . Aaron Rodgers' new c0ntract may be a huge problem. Ted Thompson and Russ Ball will be challenged to come up with creative ways to write new contacts allowing the Packer to resign all the Free agents
TT and the Packers front office have done a great job making sure they resign everyone that they want. Just look at what they've done:
They have extended everyones contracts instead of waiting until their contract is up (Just to list a few)

Jordy Nelson
TJ Lang
Rodgers ('08)
Tim Masthay
Mason Crosby
Donald Driver
Grant ('08)
Charles Woodson
Nick Collins ('10)
Greg Jennings ('09)
Tramon Williams ('10)
Ryan Pickett ('10)
Desmond Bishop ('11)

To be honest, I believe James Jones was the only "big" name for the Packers to actually reach free agency without a contract extension...

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I don't know how they'll do it but I'll be impressed if they do. That's alot of big name talent right there. A good problem to have I suppose.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate to say it but it would be some serious magic in the front office to keep them all. Rodgers Matthews and Raji are critical, as much as I love Jennings, Nelson has been lights out in camp, Cobb is only getting better, Jones is Jones and I who knows who will be there in the future. I trust TT would find a replacement for a #3 or #4 WR easily if everyone moved up. I think Cobb has some serious potential.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I saw that Lang was extended the other day and it got me thinking... Are we going to have enough money to keep our guys?? Rodgers, Jennings, Raji, Matthews are the BIG ones on the horizon. Are we going to have the money to keep all of these guys? None of them come across as greedy, but money can do crazy things to people.

What do you guys think? And if someone walks because they get more money elsewhere, who do you guys think we lose? No way it's Rodgers, but out of the other 3?
Hmm... Have we at least clipped some NFL contract coupons?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's an encouraging article. I hadn't seen that one yet.

I think we can get Jennings done this year. Rodgers is up to the team as its awhile before it expires. Matthews is going to be tough, Raji had a down year so he worth dropped it seems but he is still valuable to the team greatly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts