Lang calls out Rodgers

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, maybe the Packers 44-7 regular season record at home (32-21 on the road) since the start of the 2009 season with Rodgers playing all game will convince you that it's an advantage for the team.
Obviously the regular season home record is great but what I really noticed was the better than 60% road winning record. That's like going 10-6 every year with a 16 game road schedule. That's really impressive!

D

Deleted member 6794

Obviously the regular season home record is great but what I really noticed was the better than 60% road winning record. That's like going 10-6 every year with a 16 game road schedule. That's really impressive!

There's no doubt the Packers have been extremely successful in the regular season over that period, ranking second in the league in winning percentage.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, maybe the Packers 44-7 regular season record at home (32-21 on the road) since the start of the 2009 season with Rodgers playing all game will convince you that it's an advantage for the team.

Not when the topic is playoffs.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A better chance to win does not equal "you will win" The playoffs are inherently harder games to win in the first place. You are playing against ..... other playoff teams. You can't look at a team's payoff record and then further break it down to home and away games and think you have deduced anything about that teams future success in the payoffs. It is pretty well accepted that a home team has some advantages over the visitor, but ultimately that can be overcome by a better team, or a team with a better matchup in key areas etc... Would I prefer that the Packers get their playoff games at home? Of Course. Will that guarantee that they win them? Of course not.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
So question: If we make it to the NFC championship game, and have a chance to make it to the Super Bowl with a win, you're telling me that you would rather play that game on the road as opposed to at home, especially if we had to play a dome team like the Falcons?

It's just total blasphemy to prefer a road playoff game as opposed to a home playoff game. Is that what you are saying? Hell let's just shoot for a wild card berth and hand the division over to the Vikings. Bench all of the 1st stringers on Christmas Eve.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So question: If we make it to the NFC championship game, and have a chance to make it to the Super Bowl with a win, you're telling me that you would rather play that game on the road as opposed to at home, especially if we had to play a dome team like the Falcons?

It's just total blasphemy to prefer a road playoff game as opposed to a home playoff game. Is that what you are saying? Hell let's just shoot for a wild card berth and hand the division over to the Vikings. Bench all of the 1st stringers on Christmas Eve.

No, I'm not saying we'd prefer a road game over one at home. What I am saying is don't show me a losing record at home (in the absence of any other data) and then tell me "Point remains, being at home gives you a much better shot than winning on the road". Point out, as WIMM did that there's a worse record on the road, or ask what most people would prefer (as I noted), or include any number of other talking points, which was not done, and I wouldn't even have noticed.

Fun with numbers, though. Using your NFC championship example, they're 1-1 on the road, 0-1 at home over the period in question. Looking at the Atlanta example, they lost to them at home, beat them on the road.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
No, I'm not saying we'd prefer a road game over one at home. What I am saying is don't show me a losing record at home (in the absence of any other data) and then tell me "Point remains, being at home gives you a much better shot than winning on the road". Point out, as WIMM did that there's a worse record on the road, or ask what most people would prefer (as I noted), or include any number of other talking points, which was not done, and I wouldn't even have noticed.

Fun with numbers, though. Using your NFC championship example, they're 1-1 on the road, 0-1 at home over the period in question. Looking at the Atlanta example, they lost to them at home, beat them on the road.
And because of the bolded portion, despite your reference to the 4-5 record, I'm not taking you seriously. Don't bring up a 4-5 record and then say oh I didn't say that we should prefer a road game over a home one.

Another funny thing about numbers, they aren't always a good indicator of future results. You went out of your way to point out a losing record at home in the playoffs, only to suggest that you would still prefer a home game.

What I am saying is that I don't give a crap about a 4-5 home playoff record. I still want to be at home, and I still maintain that it gives us the best opportunity to win the game. Trying to dispute that with any kind of metric, statistic, etc is just silly.

There are times where records and statistics apply to an argument. This isn't one of them.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'd rather have home playoff games ,well, just because they're home.
Nothing like a playoff atmosphere at Lambeau.
Well and being able to communicate signals better, utilizing the snap count, feeding off of that energy, disrupting the opposing team's offensive communicating, etc. There are just too many advantages to playing a home playoff game to let a recent losing record suggest that being at home doesn't give us the best chance to win.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts