Landon Collins seems to be sliding on some mocks

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive seen him in the mid/late 1st round in a few recent mocks. In one mock, I seen him in the early second round. I wonder why?

What if hes sitting there when we pick? I know Safety isn't a need for us, but damn, not long ago this guy was being touted as a top 10 pick.......

He'd be the definition of BPA at #30 (assuming he DOES slide that far) - We already have his old Tide teammate in Dix.

I wonder why a lot of mocks have him sliding for......? His coverage skills maybe? Nobody questions his in-the-box help with run support skills.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

There´s absolutely no need for the Packers to draft Landon Collins in the first round. Burnett had a great season in 2014 and will be our starter at SS for the foreseeable future.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't draft him, but I'd shop the spot for the right offer at #30 if he or any other player slipped and TT was getting calls from teams looking to get back into the first. Assuming need wasn't fitting that spot.

H

HardRightEdge

I don't believe in BPA. Maybe if you're 1-15 and housecleaning is in order. Of course in that case you'll take the best QB available in the first round and then BPA thereafter.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would draft him... Add a Safety that can literally earn a starting job over a great young safety we already have. Stack our secondary with the best safety trio in the league. And potentially trade the one we dont want away for another high pick.

Collins is a stud...

D

Deleted member 6794

I would draft him... Add a Safety that can literally earn a starting job over a great young safety we already have. Stack our secondary with the best safety trio in the league. And potentially trade the one we dont want away for another high pick.

Collins is a stud...

Burnett had a breakout season last year and is a proven player in the Packers system. There's absolutely no need to use our first round pick on a strong safety.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Collins is a stud...

You just want the Packers to draft someone at a position of no need really badly apparently.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You just want the Packers to draft someone at a position of no need really badly apparently.

Really we need to just trade our firsts for the next 3 years to draft Jameis in case Rodgers gets hurt.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
someone mentioned the idea of Richardson, moving to ILB in Nickel packages.... Being a reason to give a back up the tender we did. He is a tallented guy, and special teams stud. But potentially more? This move is basicly 4 safeties , if you consider Hyde is a hybrid himself...

I like it because both Hyde, and Richardson can tackle.....
Its strange you all dont jump down their throat???

Right away Collins came to mind. 6' 228 pound safety that excels in run support... Richardson is 6'2" 216....

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
someone mentioned the idea of Richardson, moving to ILB in Nickel packages....

Its strange you all dont jump down their throat???

Because this is a logical, realistic idea. Not wasting a 1st Rd pick on someone we absolutely don't need.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, most safties can't play CB, but a CB could play Safty.
These guys are just being sarcastic jerks.

I think if Capers likes Richardson at ILB in any way, then he would love Collins at that position... A safety thats legitimately big enough to play ILB respectably......

These guys are NFL players that been playing football since before they needed a jock. You act like SS and ILB is soooooooooo different. Give me a break. Its all football!

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean we are talking about a guy that should have been a ILB, but had such rare athletic ability at his size. And a coach with the go ahead to bend the rules to make big impacts. That he played SS.................. At 228..............coming into the league trying to play safety. Give the guy a few polish sausages and get him to 240!

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt it happens but I wouldn't go nuts hating it if it did. You never know what the future holds for any player (Collins for example). They could find some packages to get him on the field. Didn't MM say last year that Hyde was one of the best 11 guys on defense and he was getting him on the field one way or another?

H

HardRightEdge

Quarterback?
Lets go back to punter.

It stands to reason if the Packers already have 2 pretty decent starting safeties, another decent nickel/safety swing man and a 4th. safety who can play in the box, while one of the presumptive cover corner starters is a natural nickel, the safety/nickel positions are well manned.

So, if the best available player on the board is a strong safety and you want to pick him, then you need to have a place for him to play. The only place that seems remotely likely is cover corner. Put him there and find out how good a player he really is. Or have him punt and at least open a roster spot. Or trade Burnett.

D

Deleted member 6794

I doubt it happens but I wouldn't go nuts hating it if it did. You never know what the future holds for any player (Collins for example). They could find some packages to get him on the field. Didn't MM say last year that Hyde was one of the best 11 guys on defense and he was getting him on the field one way or another?

The Packers didn't invent any packages to get Hyde on the field though. He played 64.6% of the snaps because he started the first six games at safety and was the primary nickel corner afterwards.

The Packers are set at safety and Landon Collins would be a wasted pick. There's no reason to think about moving him to ILB either as there are other guys available way better suited for the position who have actually played there for most of their careers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts