Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
E. Wolf

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lot of anger here, e.wolf. It's a game, nothing more. But I admit it would make me smile for the Packers to wipe the grin off the coach/cheerleader's face, that's for sure.
Yes there is. I am an angry person. Chalk it up to my substantial amount of Scottish ancestry. The hardcore industrial music I listen to probably does not help either--or does it help, help me sustain a perpetual state of anger!
And no it is not just a game. I hate that comment. It makes me mad. The Packers are an important part of my life, and an important part of millions of other diehard Packer fans. If it were just a game none of us would expend so much time, energy, emotion, money into this.
Last year's Super Bowl was a contest between the lesser of two evils. As a native Seattlite, I don't mind so much. It did not come at the cost of our Packers, and I was glad that neither the Niners, Broncos, nor the Patriots won it. I do hate those unis though. With exception of the niners all those teams have fugly unis.

OP
OP
E. Wolf

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wont give you a disagree rating on that, rather tell you I disagree...... defense players need to work on their initial first move/step, hand work, bull rush, spin move etc..... they need work as well. I agreethat QB/WR chemistry is a must and training camp and pre season help that, but you HAVE TO see that cm3's stats have been on the decline, injured or not. Is he still someone for the opposing offense to watch, yes, but he has lost a step or two.
I think one can argue both ways I am just not that worried about it. I guess we will see.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Yes there is. I am an angry person. Chalk it up to my substantial amount of Scottish ancestry. The hardcore industrial music I listen to probably does not help either--or does it help, help me sustain a perpetual state of anger!
And no it is not just a game. I hate that comment. It makes me mad. The Packers are an important part of my life, and an important part of millions of other diehard Packer fans. If it were just a game none of us would expend so much time, energy, emotion, money into this.
Last year's Super Bowl was a contest between the lesser of two evils. As a native Seattlite, I don't mind so much. It did not come at the cost of our Packers, and I was glad that neither the Niners, Broncos, nor the Patriots won it. I do hate those unis though. With exception of the niners all those teams have fugly unis.

But THAT is exactly what it is "Just a game". I, like probably most on here hate it when somebody badmouths my team, and will engage in some lively discussion but, at the end of the day, it is just a game !

OP
OP
E. Wolf

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But THAT is exactly what it is "Just a game". I, like probably most on here hate it when somebody badmouths my team, and will engage in some lively discussion but, at the end of the day, it is just a game !
NO!

OP
OP
E. Wolf

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not just a game, not when the Packers are concerned.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

Try to look at it like this: It is great to be a fan, we all are if we are on here....but don't get so consumed by something that you have ZERO control over. The only thing you can control is yourself. I was pissed off at the fail mary game, but the next day it subsided. Football is life for me, I played for 12 years, my oldest son plays, my youngest will play next year. I watch college ball, NFL and even local high school ball..... but there is no way I am going to let it ruin my life if I am not in any control of the game. A fan or FANatic is good, but you shouldnt want to kick peoples *** over a lose or pull your hair out...... C'mon man.....you sound like you may need to talk to some professional help.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...... I am an angry person........
Well, I feel for you. Life is too short to go through it constantly pi##ed off. Try to enjoy the ride instead of hating the potholes. Maybe you need to be more like your gaelic brethren, the Irish. All we really hate are the Brits. :p (just joking BuggyBill).

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Some Viking fans are still waiting for revenge from the 1975 "Hail Mary" pass were some feel Drew Pearson pushed off and scored the winning TD in the Division playoff game. My advice, is to move on from it. Had MN won, they probably would have 5 Super Bowl losses. Other things that happened during that game. Ref was hit in the head with a Whiskey bottle two plays later and Fran Tarkenton's father died. Not a good day.

I

Well, I feel for you. Life is too short to go through it constantly pi##ed off. Try to enjoy the ride instead of hating the potholes. Maybe you need to be more like your gaelic brethren, the Irish. All we really hate are the Brits. :p (just joking BuggyBill).

You are forgiven.....sort of :D. Just drink your tea....oh wait a minute ;)

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope we go to Seattle and blow them out... then everybody will give us the respect we deserve. IMO we won the game but this is a new season. I think they are just as concerned about opening up with us then we are with them.

OP
OP
E. Wolf

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should listen to some of the spoken word of Henry Rollins, who has articulated quite well how anger and hatred can be used as constructive forces.
That's what is so silly about the Jedi Sith dichotomy. Aside from being oblivious to Hegelian dialectics, what we perceive as good and evil are both intrinsic to the Nietzsche man, as he transcends beyond good and evil, as he breaks on through to the other side.

OP
OP
E. Wolf

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope we go to Seattle and blow them out... then everybody will give us the respect we deserve. IMO we won the game but this is a new season. I think they are just as concerned about opening up with us then we are with them.
Yes and if the leaders on the film see these shenanigans, it should inspire them quite nicely.
I'd love to see Seahawks fans crying the way die deutsche Nationalmannschaft made Brazil fans cry. Pulling for Germany as I do made it so sweet. I'd bottle their tears if I could. And I want to see a reprise NEXT THURSDAY!
Just as I would bottle the tears of this little girl who is a Vikings fan:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I

You should listen to some of the spoken word of Henry Rollins, who has articulated quite well how anger and hatred can be used as constructive forces.
That's what is so silly about the Jedi Sith dichotomy. Aside from being oblivious to Hegelian dialectics, what we perceive as good and evil are both intrinsic to the Nietzsche man, as he transcends beyond good and evil, as he breaks on through to the other side.

Wha...???? :eek:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

Henry rollins is one beer short of a 6 pack bro...... nuttier than squirrel turds ........I don't take anything that nut bag has to say seriously.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know much more about philosophy than I. I have enough trouble dealing with this side, let alone the other side.

I

You know much more about philosophy than I. I have enough trouble dealing with this side, let alone the other side.

If I wasn`t ignoring you after your Brits remark, I`d agree with you :D:D

OP
OP
E. Wolf

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Henry rollins is one beer short of a 6 pack bro...... nuttier than squirrel turds ........I don't take anything that nut bag has to say seriously.
I do not agree with everything he says. I am pretty far right, he's pretty far left. But on certain matters he is quite illuminating, including on this. His commentary about the West Memphis Three is particularly insightful.
Anyway, back on topic.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I am an angry person.
Not to spur you on (;)) but the Aunt of a friend of a friend of mine said someone in the Australian outback said something bad about the Packers. Or you. She wasn’t sure. Just thought you should know. BTW, who is this Lance Easley person?

OP
OP
E. Wolf

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to spur you on (;)) but the Aunt of a friend of a friend of mine said someone in the Australian outback said something bad about the Packers. Or you. She wasn’t sure. Just thought you should know. BTW, who is this Lance Easley person?
If you don't know who Lance Easley, I don't know what to say. I am guessing you are being facetious. If not, read my article. Well, read my article anyway.

I

Who is Henry Rollins ? What is a Jedi Sith dichotomy ? and who is this bastard in Australia ??? :mad:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
So it seems Lance Easley and more particularly Seattle Seahawks fans still think that whole Fail Mary fiasco was funny or something to celebrate.
I came across a cameo appearance of his on a local Seattle comedy show late last year. I am a Seattle native so I have reason to watch such things.
Anyway, here is my article.

http://www.totalpackers.com/2014/08/25/lance-easley-seahawks-still-laughing-expense/

A brief synopsis--this really ****** me off and our Packers ought not just consider this just another regular season game. They need to make it personal, and we NEED to win and beat those punks decisively. I hold Lance Easley in contempt and wish him true ill-will.

I am a Seattle native too although I was born in Green Bay so I have to watch such "ridiculous things" and I know exactly what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts