1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Lambeau's chill still being felt by Giants

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Heatherthepackgirl, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    By GREG A. BEDARD
    gbedard@journalsentinel.com
    Posted: Jan. 28, 2008

Phoenix - It appears the Green Bay Packers had a lasting effect on the New York Giants. Well, at least the frigid temperatures for the National Football Conference Championship Game at Lambeau Field did.

Cornerback Aaron Ross became the fourth Giants player to encounter flu-like symptoms on Monday as the team arrived in the afternoon to begin their on-site preparations for Super Bowl XLII.

"Well, I hope that's the end of it," coach Tom Couglin said.

Call it the Big Blue flu.

Previously, kicker Lawrence Tynes, fullback Madison Hedgecock, defensive tackle Manny Wright and safety Mike Johnson were ill in the aftermath of their 23-20 overtime victory over the Packers.

"It surfaced with one or two players the last few days," Coughlin said. "We had three guys miss some practices at home with high temperatures. We have had some guys who were not quite as sick. They were people who maybe had a day's worth of it, and the symptoms may have been close to the same, but they didn't drain the players like the three that it happened to at home."

Coughlin did not point the finger at the minus-1 degree weather Jan. 20 as the main culprit. He said his team was battling the normal colds that go around this time of year. But the conditions in Green Bay certainly didn't help, defensive end Michael Strahan said.

"You know what? Green Bay, everyone got sick after that," Strahan said. "You can tell by my voice, I'm still not right since that."

The Giants don't think the illnesses will be a factor in the game, and they took some steps to ensure that wouldn't happen.

"We have taken precautions," Coughlin said. "Our medical people did as best they could to distribute some medicine in advance of the plane trip out here, and hopefully the guys are rested enough that this will not be an issue.

Said wide receiver Plaxico Burress: "I think our training staff is doing a good job of keeping that solitary. We're just trying to not let everybody get sick."

The flu hasn't affected the Giants' morale, that's for sure. A flight attendant on the Giants' charter remarked a couple of times to Coughlin "that the guys were excited, really looking forward to it."

2. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    I hope they're taking their Nyquil.

3. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Giants should send some flu carrying "sappers" behind the lines into the Pats hotel.

4. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    LOL.....Is anybody here NOT rooting for NYG..........I love you guys & gals.

5. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Its more indifference really, there is no romance about the Giants playing in the SB, they are just a football team. There are no real stories there that interest me. I read one today about Zak DeOssie being a former Patriots ball boy and that made me chuckle abit but nothing much else really.

6. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Back in the late '80's & early 90's we had a LB named Steve DeOssie........Zack's his kid.

7. TexasPackerFan

TexasPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm NOT, sorry I can't stand Eli after the whole draft ordeal. Go Pats... YUCK!

8. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Oh well.....cant win 'em all.......lol

9. Scythe

Scythe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm rooting for the Pats.

10. VAPAckerFan

VAPAckerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm with you here man. You can't pick where you want to go during the draft. Thats why i smile every time the New York city press get on him when he throws a int or loses the game for the giants. I myself would of loved to see a Chargers/Giants superbowl instead of a Pats/Giants game. Just to see the team Crybaby manning Should of gone to beat his A$$ in the superbowl.

Here is one of my fav blogs i've seen about Eli
    CryBaby Eli

11. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    I remember that Elway did the same thing and he didnt get ripped for it.

12. eap33

eap33 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    By the Colts too! Think about how that would have changed the course of things; if Elways played as well as he did for the Colts as he did for the Broncos. Butterfly effect.

13. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Consider the question rescinded.......lol

14. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    What very few people remember is that he was almost a New York Yankee...he was drafted by them & the Colts in 1983 and actually played some minor league ball for the Yanks. He stated that if the Colts didnt trade him he would play for the Yanks.
    In his senior year in college he hit .361 w/9 hrs and 50 rbis in 49 games.....Not too shabby.

15. joym13

joym13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL! Really, cold temps don't make you sick, but maybe they picked up the bugs while they were here :lol:

16. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    SNAP ,

Your boys beat us to get there, now finish the job !!!

Cheers :packbeer:

17. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks WPF I hope we can do the NFC proud. If it was the other way around I'd be wearing my cheesehead....I really have one!!

For all Winnipeg Jets fans like myself:

http://www.curtiswalker.com/jets/default.aspx

thewinnipegjets.tripod.com/museum/index.html

18. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    LOL...............That's real good........I dont want Peyton at the SB..........I was at the NYG/Vikes game when Eli imploded (3 ints for TDs) and Peyton was there to see that disaster. I hope he's doing another commercial on Sunday.

19. bigfog

bigfog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm for the Giants. The Pats and their fans are insufferable. Enough of them already.

20. VAPAckerFan

VAPAckerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Disliked Elway also for the same reason. Then once he beat The packers in Superbowl XXXII he got onto my most hated List.

The list so far
    John Elway
    Roger Clemens(Red Sox/Brewers Fan so hate him)
    Gary Sheffield (look above)
    Aaron Fing Boone (Look Above)
    Every player on the Cowboys 90's run ( Just rembering them knocking out the packers from the playoffs to many times)

21. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Even though I'm a big NY Yank fan I didnt like Clemens when he was a NYY.......I still think of him as a RedSox.
    Elway I really have nothing against.....sorry.
    Sheffield is a big mouth.
    Boone beat the RedSox for NYY so he's fine + him getting hurt playing Bkbl in the off-season got NYY A-Rod.
    As for the Crygirls......I've hated every player on their teams since 1964 when I started watching FB.

22. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am also going to be hoping the Giants win this one, and I hope they all feel better so they can kick some butt.

23. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    What a woman!!