Lambeau Field seating

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know if section 749s is bench seating or actual seats? Have playoff tickets and just curious so I can prepare accordingly.
Any feedback is great.

Thanks
GO PACK GO!!!!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enjoy! Hope the Packers get a home playoff game (or 2!). I'm not allowed to go to any more Packer games :( ... they lose when I'm there. :cry::cry:

Last edited:

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
had a wee click on the link, absolutely horrendous prices for tickets, and especially the marking up between the skins match and possible wildcard game

how do they really expect normal folks to be able to pay that much for a ticket

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are getting up there. I was able to pick up 2 tickets for just under 170 each. I wonder what the secondary market will be once games, locations and matchups are determined.

OP
OP
Munch

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
They are getting up there. I was able to pick up 2 tickets for just under 170 each. I wonder what the secondary market will be once games, locations and matchups are determined.
We paid $140US/ticket and we drive 16hrs from Canada. The Pack is worth it.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
how do they really expect normal folks to be able to pay that much for a ticket

They don't expect "normal folks" to pay that much. Or maybe one can say, "they don't care who is buying the tickets and what their economic status is."

The NFL and other Sports leagues are Big Businesses. They charge what the market will bare. Given that the waiting list for Packer season tickets is longer than most of us will care to wait (30-40 years), the Packers could probably bump ticket prices up 25% or more and still sell out every game.

What I was a bit surprised to find, if these stats are correct, the Packers now have the 4th highest average ticket price in the NFL. I always thought they were in the middle tier.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193595/average-ticket-price-in-the-nfl-by-team/

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They don't expect "normal folks" to pay that much. Or maybe one can say, "they don't care who is buying the tickets and what their economic status is."

The NFL and other Sports leagues are Big Businesses. They charge what the market will bare. Given that the waiting list for Packer season tickets is longer than most of us will care to wait (30-40 years), the Packers could probably bump ticket prices up 25% or more and still sell out every game.

What I was a bit surprised to find, if these stats are correct, the Packers now have the 4th highest average ticket price in the NFL. I always thought they were in the middle tier.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193595/average-ticket-price-in-the-nfl-by-team/
They could, for a while. It's starting to show though. MANY people sell their tickets. Many more opposing fans come, because it's lambeau, but in time that will diminish with rising costs. It is slowly changing the complexity and make up of the stadium experience. A lot of people are selling more tickets than they use and more are finding it more difficult to sell those tickets even at face value anymore.

The fans are what made the stadium and legend grow with the team. replace them with too many of something else and that experience goes away, coupled with less people wanting to do it anyway because of cost.

The NFL could be a cash cow for a long, long, long time and many people will have rich experiences and grow the game and the players, owners, cities will continue to reap the rewards of this? Or they can maximize it all for profit now, and live with the results. It all plays a role, exclusive TV rights decreases viewership, increase ticket costs keep dedicated fans and more importantly, their next generation of fans out. Change the experience, will people continue to pay for the experience?

Lambeau field is changing, they need to be aware of this. I think they're getting into some dangerous territory.

D

Deleted member 6794

I guess that excluding premium seats in that list is the reason the Packers are fourth in average ticket prices. It's interesting to note that if those numbers are correct the team charges the normal fan more than most other teams.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It all plays a role, exclusive TV rights decreases viewership, increase ticket costs keep dedicated fans and more importantly, their next generation of fans out. Change the experience, will people continue to pay for the experience?

Lambeau field is changing, they need to be aware of this. I think they're getting into some dangerous territory.

Oh there is definitely a "tipping point" when it comes to Sports and the prices charged for Tickets. Lots of factors go into it and most of it comes down to simple supply and demand economics. In the case of the Packers organization, the demand has far exceeded the supply for many years and as long as that remains the case, I doubt whoever is setting the tickets prices is too concerned about anything other than trying not to look too greedy.

You are correct though, I think a lot of Packer season ticket holders have joined in with the Packers and profit off the sale of their own season tickets. More power to them, its just good business.

As far as what fans should and shouldn't be "included or excluded due to ticket prices", I understand what you are saying, but I kind of doubt that many professional team owners stop to care that "Joe average family", can no longer afford tickets. Maybe the Packers organization, being "publicly owned" might be a bit different in regards to that, but I doubt much.

Last edited:

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enjoy! Hope the Packers get a home playoff game (or 2!). I'm not allowed to go to any more Packer games :( ... they lose when I'm there. :cry::cry:
i've been over a half dozen times over the years and never seen them lose. been lucky considering the cost for good seats, plane tickets, hotel for 2 nights, car, and extras.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i've been over a half dozen times over the years and never seen them lose. been lucky considering the cost for good seats, plane tickets, hotel for 2 nights, car, and extras.
So what you're saying is that next time I'm offered tickets I should send them your way? ;) A victory means more to me than seeing a game in person.

OP
OP
Munch

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
What is the best things to do in Green Bay the day before a game? Have done the museum and tour before. Looking for something new maybe autographs if possible.

Members online

Latest posts