Lambeau Field Info

ACDC84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey there. I live in California and I am making a trip to Wisconsin this summer, and I'm planning on spending a day in Green Bay, as I have never been. My brother and I want to check out the stadium, including the atrium, the HOF, and Curlys Pub.

I'm writing to see if anyone out there could give some info/tips on visting the stadium, so I can get the most out of my day. We are likely going to be there Friday August, which is a "no public practice" day, and a day before a preseason game vs Seattle. Will there any limitations to seeing the stadium any times of that day? Are there certain hours I should be there?

If you have any tips or suggestions on seeing the stadium they would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ACDC84 said:
Hey there. I live in California and I am making a trip to Wisconsin this summer, and I'm planning on spending a day in Green Bay, as I have never been. My brother and I want to check out the stadium, including the atrium, the HOF, and Curlys Pub.

I'm writing to see if anyone out there could give some info/tips on visting the stadium, so I can get the most out of my day. We are likely going to be there Friday August, which is a "no public practice" day, and a day before a preseason game vs Seattle. Will there any limitations to seeing the stadium any times of that day? Are there certain hours I should be there?"
If you have any tips or suggestions on seeing the stadium they would be appreciated.

Thanks!

ACDC84: Leave plenty of time to visit the Atrium. I don't think there is any limitation on times at Atrium at Lambeau Field on Friday before that preseason game on Saturday against Seattle. But for that time before and during day of the game, you must have a game ticket to enter the Atrium at Lambeau Field.

I will find out the hours of operation at Atrium of Lambeau Field on that Friday, you are going to be there, and post that information under this topic tomorrow.

There two Packer pro shops in Atrium to buy your Packer logo Merchandise, I think main pro shop is 10,000 sq Feet the other shop sell historic Packer logo merchandise.

I believe, the Packer Hall of Fame tour still cost $10.00 per person. Don't forget the Lambeau Field Stadium Tour, which I still believe cost $8.00 per person. During the tour, you will get to walk onto historic south end zone on playing field of Lambeau Field ,plus you get to tour a Skybox. There will be a tour guide who will give you information about hsitoric Lambeau Field during the tour.

Curly's Pub has excellent food and beverages of your choice with large portions of Food at cost between$6.00 and $21.00 I think they serve food at Curlys beginning 11:00 am and they are open everyday. There is ice cream Shop, also in the Atrium. Price range between $2.00 and $6.00.

Those prices i quoted, are subject to change and prices and are from August 2003. I will check on the prices in effect now and get back to you under this topic. tomorrow. "Curlys does serve at night, but the Packers probably close off the rest of Atrium at night. .

It is hobby of mine to give information, especially to first time visitors to Green Bay and Lambeau field. If you need any information about any thing Packer or Green Bay related, such as points of interest to see in Green Bay Area or in the State of Wisconsin. please ask. I do this as hobby and have been doing it on Packer forums for over two years. We in Green Bay, want all Packer fans visiting Green Bay to have a great time here.

if you want to know names of Sports Bar & Grills that are located to around Lambeau Field ,where many Packer fans hang out .There are three, Stadium View Sports Bar & Grill , Anduzzi's Sports Bar & Grill and "The Bar" Sports Bar & and Grill. The three are located on right together Holmgren Way (located 1 block East of Lambeau Field . Also Brett Farve's Streak house is located on Brett Favre Pass (Street) and the entrance located off of Lombardi Ave about two block East Lambeau Field.

If you have any questions, please ask under this topic. By the way if you want to contact me privately at any time, packerforum has a private message fuction to do this, just use PM, I have it in operation for anyone to use and yiou can authorize your own Private message fuction also.

Back to you tomorrow with that more info about the Atrium. I will post tomrrow -probably early tomorrow evening (CDT) (Fri day 6/22 ).

PWT36, packer forum site historian and Green Bay born and raised Packer fan of over 60 years, now located in the Green Bay suburb of DePere, Wi. located 5 miles from Lambeau Field.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
acdc84- Lambeau Field Atrium is open 8 am to 10 pm during Training camp. Packer Hall of Fame open 8 am to 6 pm during training camp . Cost tour the Packer Hall of Fame is $10.00 per person. Cost of Tour of Lambeau Field is $11.00 per person.

You can get information about Atrium at Lambeau Field by going to the official website of the Green Bay Packers. www.packers.com

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Stadium Tour is about $11 now but during training camp and especially days on or near an ehibition game the tours may not be running. Go to the Atrium first thing in the morning when it opens in order to get a ticket for a tour if they are running (chances are they will) because they sell out quickly that time of year.

The Hall of Fame will be open so that will most likely be the main attraction for going since you can count on visiting that attraction.

If you have time, spend a couple hours tailgating in the parking lot. :)

You can find more information for things to see and do at:

www.PackersTrainingCamp.com
www.PackerCountry.com

My personal web site:

www.PackersGameDay.com

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good thread guys, i hope one day to make my pilgrimage to Lambeau from Ireland so this stuff is all really useful to me. Cheers.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When we were there I seem to recall that Hall of Fame tickets were part of the tour. The tour didn't go there but you got free tickets...

On the tour you get to out the tunnel which is WAY COOL. If you have a chunk of spare $$$ check out Brett Favre's Steakhouse. It's on Holmgren way just across from the Oneida entrance.

OP
OP
A

ACDC84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys its much appreciated! If I have any more questions when I get closer to the day I'll post again.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When we were there I seem to recall that Hall of Fame tickets were part of the tour.

I don't think that's true unless things changed.

On the tour you get to out the tunnel which is WAY COOL.

That is true almost all the time. The tunnel has been closed the last couple of months because they're resurfacing the field. They still take you out into the bowl area but not via the tunnel.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know - the HOF may have been part of our Hotel package. I know we got 'em free <g>

Hopefully the tunnel will be open when he goes.

OP
OP
A

ACDC84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, thanks for the info.

Sorry to throw a monkeywrench into things but it looks like we are going to buy some tickets to the game on Saturday, so we want to check out whatever we can earlier in the day. I went onto the lambeaufield.com and saw that there are no stadium tours on home gamedays. I'm assuming this applies to preseason games too, even if the game isn't until 7PM?

So you are saying that if we have game tickets we can get into the atrium whenever it opens and experience everything EXCEPT the tour that day? And the gates to the Atrium open at 8AM?

The tour would be awesome, but we figure that this is probably the only chance us Southern Californians will be able to see a Packer game in Green Bay. I've been to four here in Calif, but its a whole different experience. We can always check out the tour next time we are in Wisconsin.

Again, thanks for all the info. Hope I'm not bugging you guys too much.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, thanks for the info.

I went onto the lambeaufield.com and saw that there are no stadium tours on home gamedays. I'm assuming this applies to preseason games too, even if the game isn't until 7PM?

So you are saying that if we have game tickets we can get into the atrium whenever it opens and experience everything EXCEPT the tour that day? And the gates to the Atrium open at 8AM?

If you have to choose between a tour or a game, it's an easy answer: THE GAME! To be honest, the tour isn't really that good. I think the highlights for most people are to sit in the bowl area and go through the tunnel.

Here's the Lambeau Tour in brief: Start outside by the statues to hear a little Packer history. (Curly Lambeau started the team when he approached the ACME Meat Packing Company, yada yada yada). Go up into the Club level and look at Lambeau Field through a luxury box. Take an elevator down to a service area and go through the tunnel and the field itself. Sit in the seats a little bit while you check out the bowl.

It's a nice time but I doubt if it's the highlight of any pilgramage to NFL Mecca.

Tickets for the preseason games are cheap and easy to get and the atmosphere is pretty much the same as a regular season game. I've been to preseason games that were BETTER than regular season games.

If you're going to the game don't forget to get there early and tailgate at Lambeau Field.

That all beats taking the tour and sitting in an empty stadium for 5 minutes pretending to imagine what it's like. Y' know?

Hope I'm not bugging you guys too much.

Just shower and wear clean underwear when you're here. :)

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you only going to be there the one day? We went to see the Steeler (my team) game in '05 and made a week out of it. Ok so my wife's family is there as well but...

I agree if it has to be Tour vs Game it's Game hands down. Once you see the place from the outside though and start feeling the mystique you'll wish you gotten as much out of your visit as possible.

The Atrium is open something like 363 days a year (or more). You can go in there any time - no tickets necessary.

Members online

Latest posts