LaFleur Is Smart To Change Things Up

OP
OP
InGuteWeTrust

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I said they aren't much more than shorts and helmet practices, yes I did. You ever been to watch any? I don't care what you want to call it, I'm confident in saying their "full" practices had less contact than my 3rd grade games during recess.

Having guys wear pads and run thru some plays isn't anything to be concerned with. I don't know how I can be anymore clear. I don't care what they were wearing on Saturdays, they were doing nothing more than running thru plays and when that's all they're doing, I'm not concerned. I've seen them practice, to think they're getting worn down is laughable
"They were doing nothing more than running through plays" on Saturdays"

Ok coach:tup:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aren't you only allowed something like 17 contact practices during the season?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Name the in season Saturday practice you went to coach.:)
what is your deal? Honest question, do you think MM and his staff were running more contact and intense practices during the season the day before a game than in contact practices in training camp?

OP
OP
InGuteWeTrust

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Too funny:D

Moving on...

With practicing against another team during training camp LaFleur has said you can get work done that normally you would have to play the starters longer in pre-season games to get done.

With a new offense all the extra work in practice they can get will be a positive.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm sure it's clear to everyone who's having the meltdown.

fear of admitting what? I don't know exactly what they did on a saturday practice? How's this, "I do NOT know what a Saturday practice consisted of." was that enough?

what should have been clear is that I feel the CBA greatly restricts how coaches run practices and the amount of contact they can have. Because of that, I find it highly unlikely they were running their contact practices the day before a game during the season. You seem to feel differently?

So beyond running those types of practice, I don't care if they're wearing shorts and helmets, tshirts and pants, full pads, shoulder pads or any other number of clothing or equipment combinations because I don't think it matters a bit if you're not lining up and hitting each other. Whether they call it a walk thru or a practice i don't think is really important or that great of a change. Lining up in formations and running a few plays for a shortened practice can be called whatever they want.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WTF are you talking about. I don't know what they did in practice. Do YOU? all I know is the CBA greatly restricts what they can do. I don't care if they were in shorts, in pads, in helmets and shorts or in frilly lace adorned with sequins. But I do find it highly unlikely they used Saturday as the day for full contact practices the day before a game.

I find it highly unlikely that the Saturday practice was any more than putting the finishing touches on their plan, and on a day when they might finally have everyone out of the training room. Considering MM and staffs propensity to keep people out and keep them healthy, I would consider myself foolish to think he actually held regular contact practices the day before a game.

whatever they want to call a practice where there isn't contact is what they want to call the practice or walk thru, but they're not much different IMO. Tell me how they are?

You might not care but admit it, it would be really funny if they did that.

D

Deleted member 6794

It is hilarious that some on this board are so afraid to look foolish here that they will NEVER admit the slightest mistake they made on something.

The only thing being hilarious is that for some odd reason you believe to have proven to be right but in reality aren't even capable of correctly reading replies by other posters.

Aren't you only allowed something like 17 contact practices during the season?

Actually teams are only allowed to hold 14 padded practices during the regular season.

Yes, you were wrong and are having a meltdown with the fear of admitting it.:)

You truly seem to suffer from a terrible denial of reality issue.

OP
OP
InGuteWeTrust

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Please show me where I said "padded practices"

I didn't know it was that difficult to understand that McCarthy used Friday as a rest and recovery day. And Saturday was a full speed practice and not just a walk thru. LaFleur will use Friday as the last practice day of the week.

I don't know or care how long a member has been here. If you think being a member of a fan forum for differing lengths of time gives you some higher power here then that is your own strange issue. I will not be treating you any differently than anyone else here.

Have a wonderful day:)

D

Deleted member 6794

Please show me where I said "padded practices"

I didn't know it was that difficult to understand that McCarthy used Friday as a rest and recovery day. And Saturday was a full speed practice and not just a walk thru. LaFleur will use Friday as the last practice day of the week.

I don't know or care how long a member has been here. If you think being a member of a fan forum for differing lengths of time gives you some higher power here then that is your own strange issue. I will not be treating you any differently than anyone else here.

I don't consider being around the forum for a long time as any privilege and it definitely doesn't mean my opinion has any more value than others.

On the other hand it understandably rubs people the wrong way if new posters show up and try to force their opinion on other members of the forum while proclaiming they have been proven right without providing any evidence supporting their point of view while asking the others to acknowledge being wrong.

OP
OP
InGuteWeTrust

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't consider being around the forum for a long time as any privilege and it definitely doesn't mean my opinion has any more value than others.

On the other hand it understandably rubs people the wrong way if new posters show up and try to force their opinion on other members of the forum while proclaiming they have been proven right without providing any evidence supporting their point of view while asking the others to acknowledge being wrong.
I am sorry you feel "rubbed the wrong way"

Not my intent. I have no issue with anyone here. It's just a place to talk Pack for me. Entertainment. It holds no more weight to me than a hand held video game.

I will apologize if someone took me in a way that was offensive. That's the best I can do for ya.

#TitleTown

#OneTeamOneNation

#PackersNation

Members online

Latest posts