Ladarius Green. Remember wanting him?

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm in the camp that this proves nothing on whether its prudent to sign a FA or not. this could have happened in reverse and it was Cook who wasn't playing and Green was. Each situation is different and should be viewed as such. All it further proves to me is that sometimes we and probably NFL teams, don't have all the information on each player from another team. While the knowledge of your own players is probably more complete.

True, but sometimes teams should take a calculated risk on a veteran from another team in free agency to improve a position on the roster lacking talent. Just as Thompson did by signing Cook.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
True, but sometimes teams should take a calculated risk on a veteran from another team in free agency to improve a position on the roster lacking talent. Just as Thompson did by signing Cook.

Totally agree with this. The "calculated" part is where the math gets fuzzy between Teams and their decision makers. There are a lot of variables that go into the equation in which to make the decision and its pretty apparent that TT's math is heavily weighted in favor of his own personnel. How that math looks to each Packer fan is mostly subjective to begin with and as time goes on and the variables play out, it becomes more clear, right or wrong.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cook obviously didn't do much in game 1, but I'm still expecting good things from him this year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not to keep the "Green Ball" in the air too long, but I think this place would have lit up with optimism had TT signed Ladarius way back when. Some would have viewed him as the missing link in the offense to get us to the SB. Yet, here we sit 6 months later with more information and we still have fun debating it! :tup: Gotta love Football.

now had we only signed Matt Forte and not re-signed Starks.......:whistling: :coffee:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cook has been quiet, but it's week 1. I liked that he seems to be able to do what we want a TE to do, he showed it with the other qb's all preseason and the reports were he had ok hands, but he caught everything they threw at him. The offense has played 1 game together. I hope to see improvement, but I expect they'll be a different beast once October rolls around. I don't sleep on RR, i'm sure his catches will probably go down, but he showed again last week, he has absolutely great hands. But I think Cook is going to get more of the downfield plays, as he should. He's better suited for it.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My biggest gripe with Rodgers, is that he isn't too privy with new WR's or TE's. He has to gain your trust first. That is a rare trait with QB's. I've seen it before with others, but its not a common trait.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My biggest gripe with Rodgers, is that he isn't too privy with new WR's or TE's. He has to gain your trust first. That is a rare trait with QB's. I've seen it before with others, but its not a common trait.
I agree. I think they need to start over from scratch with the offensive system. Too much to learn for the WRs, Rodgers only trusts the ones who have been in it the longest.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I think they need to start over from scratch with the offnsive system. Too much to learn for the WRs, Rodgers only trusts the ones who have been in it the longest.

Yep that explains how much he trusts Abbrederis...

Rodgers trust guys who learn the system. Abbrederis was able to do that fast. Cobb was able to do that fast. It isn't Rodgers fault some guys are not

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yep that explains how much he trusts Abbrederis...

Rodgers trust guys who learn the system. Abbrederis was able to do that fast. Cobb was able to do that fast. It isn't Rodgers fault some guys are not

With the offense the Packers run and the way Rodgers audibles at the line, I don't blame him for needing to trust that his receivers know their routes. These guys aren't making $10/hr.

D

Deleted member 6794

In my opinion a lot of Packers fans don't appreciate that trait nowhere near enough. Rodgers targeting receivers he doesn't trust might result in the occasional splash play a lot of people would talk about but more often end up in incompletions or even worse interceptions.

I agree. I think they need to start over from scratch with the offensive system. Too much to learn for the WRs, Rodgers only trusts the ones who have been in it the longest.

I don't think it's a smart advice to advocate for changing the Packers offensive system considering the unit performed on an extremely high level during the first seven years of Rodgers' tenure as the starting quarterback with him solely targeting receivers he trusts.

I would have liked him to take more risks last season after it became clear the receiving corps wasn't up to his standards and the offense struggling. There's no guarantee the results would have been any better though.

Overall I appreciate the approach and it's up to the front office to provide the quarterback with enough weapons.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts