1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Lacy go over 1,000 yards in 14 games?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by weeds, Dec 15, 2013.

1. PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +294
    Oh yeah - I agree. I'm a huge Ted supporter and always have been. But I'm merely pointing out the fact that the impact level of most of his 1st round picks has been spotty, that's all. Justin Harrell was a huge risk, who was coming off two major injuries in college - based on that alone, he was a terrible 1st round pick. There really is no sugarcoating that. No - it isn't Thompson's fault if players are hurt in college or after they get here, but in the case of Harrell - terrible pick there.

2. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,835
    it turned out that way. But he was amazing in college and I applauded the risky pick. If you look back at the draft, there wasn't much talent drafted after Harrel either. If he panned out he would have been our Suh or Kevin Williams.

3. Dblbogey

Dblbogey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Actually that's not unusual to miss on first rounders, especially late first rounders. Ron Wolf was an excellent GM, but his record on his first round picks was pretty dismal. Among Wolf's first round picks: Jamal Reynolds, Terrell Buckley, George Teague, Antuan Edwards. Ugly.

4. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +301
    Look at Cam Jordan's rookie year (Saints DE) - He did nothing. Now look at him. Hes one of the best DE's in the league. Has double digit sacks.

I say wait until next year before judging Jones. Sometimes it takes a year for a rookie to get their feet wet and they take off in year two and beyond.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,012
    That's right, you're displaying the maturity level of about a 1st grader.

And you obviously have some homoerotic issues going on. Not that there's anything wrong with that as long as you act them out with those of similar proclivities.

6. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +347
    I agree.
    Years 2 and 3 will give us a better idea of what we have in DaTone.
    It would have been nice to have him come in and tear up the league but that's a rare occurance for a rookie at his position.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    I think people expect to much out of rookies. He is now seeing blockers that are bigger, stronger, faster, smarter than he did in college. He is seeing much more complex offensive schemes. He is also not in on 100% of plays. I would say, if he continues to develope and works out hard and does film study, he will be an asset by year 3.

8. Packersfansinceforever

Packersfansinceforever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    another bust im tellin you

9. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,022
    Candidate for offensive rookie of the year on a team playing musical quarterbacks. Willing to accept that if that is your definition of a bust. What happens next year or with regard to injuries is hypothetical.