Lacy, Boyd and Adams

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is the word here on these three? I know Adams returned, so no worry there. But what about Lacy and Boyd? It seems like the xrays came back negative for Lacy, however, I never heard anything about the extent of Boyd's injury.

Hopefully Lacy doesn't miss much time.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boyd's is being rumoured to be the most severe of the three, though no timelines are being mentioned...yet.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Boyd's is being rumoured to be the most severe of the three, though no timelines are being mentioned...yet.

Boyd was in a lot of pain obviously. But, the Lacy ankle twist looked really bad, too. Didn't see what happened to Adams. He got back on the field, but you could see that he was hurting out there.

Fingers crossed for all of them.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Lacy's injury worries me the most, since his productivity is needed the most out of the 3. Starks is a worthy replacement and except for his fumble, played really well. But a healthy Lacy keeps the defense more honest against the run.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we get a Jobu doll for the locker room. I mean seriously, lets fill the glass with whiskey before every game and sacrifice some KFC to appease the injury gods.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boyd was in a lot of pain obviously. But, the Lacy ankle twist looked really bad, too. Didn't see what happened to Adams. He got back on the field, but you could see that he was hurting out there.

Fingers crossed for all of them.

Yeah, if you add in Cobb's sore shoulder, we are down to dregs. Hopefully rookies like Ty and depth players like Elliott come good to keep us on top.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it's worth noting that's just a quack doc looking at a video. He really has no clue what's going on with Lacy's ankle. A mild low ankle sprain would be good in terms of immediate time, but I'd rather have Lacy break his ankle and return in four weeks stronger than ever instead of having an ankle prone to more sprains.

Where is Frank Rizzo when we need some medical analysis?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it's worth noting that's just a quack doc looking at a video. He really has no clue what's going on with Lacy's ankle. A mild low ankle sprain would be good in terms of immediate time, but I'd rather have Lacy break his ankle and return in four weeks stronger than ever instead of having an ankle prone to more sprains.

Where is Frank Rizzo when we need some medical analysis?
Generally when you stress your ankle enough to break it, the ligaments are damaged as well and you still have proprioceptive deficits you have to rehab thru all the same

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Personally, I would rather see Lacy sit a few weeks if it means getting him fully healthy for the rest of the season. I remember his Rookie season, he played through a sprained ankle but he kept re-aggravating it and having to miss portions of games. Not saying the next few games are easy or give me's, but I'm fine with Starks and Harris taking over for awhile and get Eddie healthy and rested for when we really need him.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It all depends on how severe it really is. But by all accounts, it doesn't sound bad.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to Ian Rapoport Lacy's injury is minor and he could play on Monday night vs. the Chiefs.

D

Deleted member 6794

Josh Boyd suffered a broken bone with ligament damage in his ankle. He could be out for the season.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh Boyd suffered a broken bone with ligament damage in his ankle. He could be out for the season.

I guess this explains the Thomas signing to the 53 then. Guion will be back soon, so DL depth will be fine at that point anyway.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Yeah I think lacy will play even if its a little aggravating. I wouldn't mind him sitting a week even two to fully recover. As much as we need lacy now we need him in December/January (and hopefully February)

Members online

Latest posts