Lack of Class... but not by Ryan

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Ryan is under the impression he was not appreciated by the Packers and wanted to take any slight towards the organization he could while still trying to spare dignity.

Regardless, the man doesn't want to kick with wind. He complained numerous times(when he wasnt complaining about the hold) about it while immediately stating he would prefer controlled climate.

BOTTOM LINE. If you can not kick with wind, get your nancy-*** out of the NFL. Football was created and MEANT to be played OUTDOORS!

Best of luck to Ryan. Avoid the defamatory comments about your previous team.

I'll miss the player Ryan Longwell, not the comments he's made or making. The Vikings got a good kicker.

He not only kicked in the wind, he was one of the best in the game -- all the while kicking in some of the worst conditions in the game. Vinetari just signed with the Colts and said the same thing (that kicking in a dome was one of the factors in his choice) -- but I suppose he is a nancy-*** who should get out of the NFL too.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
tromadz said:
why say anything at all? Why not say "GB was great, i look forward to my time with the vikings"

Why not be silent like Flanny,Wayne,Thomas,Diggs,etc.

But you know it all, my apologies, preacher.
Okay, if you're going to do that argument, I will take this one. Why doesn't Favre go ahead and make up his mind? He is putting stress on the organization, his fans, and the city wondering about him, and is overall delaying the progress of the organization by asking for all of this attention as everyone awaits his decision. He is hurting the team.

Okay, why does he need to say anything? Does the rest of the roster need to make a public announcement on their status?

The media needs to stop asking him and he needs to stop answering them with words other than 'no comment'.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Okay, why does he need to state he need to say anything? Does the rest of the roster need to make a public announcement on their status?

The media needs to stop asking him and he needs to stop answering them with words other than 'no comment'.
I have no idea what you said there, so I am just going to agree with your final statement.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
Zero2Cool said:
Okay, why does he need to say anything? Does the rest of the roster need to make a public announcement on their status?

I have no idea what you said there, so I am just going to agree with your final statement.

lol... i shouldn't try posting when watching tv :(

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys... calm down. Favre, I am sure has already notified the team that he will be back. I don't think the fans should know, nor should anyonen else. This will all make sense when they dont show their hand and get the draft pick they want.

He is coming back... Trust me.

Reaction score
The Favre talk in this thread stops now, it is clearly off topic. Stay on the topic.

Bruce, thanks for the read. Reading the article, I NEVER got the impression that Longwell was bashing GB. I am studying English Literature in University, learning how to interpret text, and believe me when I say that there is nothing there to suggest he ripped GB. NOTHING. He says Applebee's was as fancy as it got, well if you interpret that, it just means Applebee's is as big name (franchise) as you got, there were no other big name places where you can go out for a date (not McDonalds, Burger Kind, Wendy's, etc. because if that is where you take dates, you are in trouble). Nothing wrong with that comment at all. The tone of the article is a very passive one, not one that is filled with anger.

Trom, that is an atrocious comment to make. In good joke or not, it is one thing to hate a player, but to rip his wife with a comment like that proves how low class one is. You think thats funny? Sir you have got some serious problems you need to figure out, because jokes like that are what make you border on being a jerk (trust me I am tempted to use profanity).

Trom, define what you consider an athlete. I agree with Bruce, Longwell is an athelete if he can compete in such different sports. He is a kicker, but lets see you try to kick a football. If you were any good, with all due respect, you'd be in the NFL right now. You are not, so it's hard to imagine why you would call Ryan "just a kicker"? He plays kicker, but understand that his position deserves some respect because he bailed our butts out of loosing games many a time before. If you can't respect that, then I don't know what to say.

I have known Bruce for a long time, and the fact is that he always has insightful stuff. I respect his knowledge, and its clear by the fact that he posts that Bruce knows his stuff. DO NOT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY, but if you want to be taken seriously, post some good points that have proof. Can you prove that Longwell ripped on GB, where it is clearly evident?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce thanks for returning after being treated like crap the other night by these guys. Here's some advice....don't waste your time with these dou**ebags. It's like arguing with Corky. The more facts you bring forward the more defensive they get.

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce wrote:

He was being interviewed. The question was related to what advantages did he see in coming to a big Urban area Vs the smallest NFL venue. IT WAS NOT A SHOT. Edited out was his saying he loved his time in Green Bay, it was a great place to have a family...

Bruce, was the reference to Green Bay edited by you? I always respect your informed commentary and I do think that Longwell has class but he really could have been a little more respectful, I believe. I think that if there is a chance that the tongue can offend, curb the tongue. Of course, we're all guilty at times. I'd bet even his daddy would find a little lack of class in this interview.

The only part of the article I found offensive was the restaurant reference. I don't get the part about the boat at all - so what? Regarding the golf, it does sound as if Longwell is tootin' his horn a bit. Did Lee Jansen of Minnesota just now become a Vikings fan because his buddy plays there now? Typical Vikings fan.

On another note, Longwell is certainly a great athlete and name calling is always repulsive.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bruce said:
Zero2Cool said:
Ryan is under the impression he was not appreciated by the Packers and wanted to take any slight towards the organization he could while still trying to spare dignity.

Regardless, the man doesn't want to kick with wind. He complained numerous times(when he wasnt complaining about the hold) about it while immediately stating he would prefer controlled climate.

BOTTOM LINE. If you can not kick with wind, get your nancy-*** out of the NFL. Football was created and MEANT to be played OUTDOORS!

Best of luck to Ryan. Avoid the defamatory comments about your previous team.

I'll miss the player Ryan Longwell, not the comments he's made or making. The Vikings got a good kicker.

He not only kicked in the wind, he was one of the best in the game -- all the while kicking in some of the worst conditions in the game. Vinetari just signed with the Colts and said the same thing (that kicking in a dome was one of the factors in his choice) -- but I suppose he is a nancy-*** who should get out of the NFL too.

Read what I said Bruce and maybe you will understand and realize you did NOT need to ask. ;) Here I will assist you(although I know you could find it yourself).

Notice the lack of a specific player being mentioned please.

I know he kicked in the wind (why try to belittle me with the obvious? think you are better than me? ;) ) and some of the worst conditions. I AM a Packers fan afterall. I also did say the Vikings got a good kicker and that I will miss Ryan Longwell the player.

Just where did you get lost bud?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe all of this pissing and moaning about him saying that Applebee’s was as fancy as it gets in Green Bay.
You can't possibly believe that a town the size of Green Bay is going to offer the same type of restaurants and culture as a large city like Minneapolis!
Every time a player decides to play some place other than Green Bay it is some kind of personal insult to the community or slap in the face to Packer fans in general. Sounds like an inferiority complex to me. You want to be the cuddly small town team and then at the same time want to be compared to every other city in the league.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tromadz said:
some people just dont like kickers.

Skip bayless

chris havel

tromadz

You should add "TT" cause the moron didn't have the "smarts" to sign one yet....

Bruce...don't waste your time with this arrogant little piece of....**** :stop:

He obviously is a child who shoots from the lip and doesn't know what the hell he is talking about....and wouldn't have the "stones" to say it to Ryan Longwell's face...or to anyone's face....for that matter....

The ignorance on this board astounds me sometimes...but you got to remember....some people like the poster in question obviously...NEVER PLAYED THE GAME BEFORE....

(except maybe MADDEN or electric football...)

(so that's what we're dealing with....TV babies..addicted to Nintendo...)

Take it for what it is...i guess...(anyone with intelligence here is behind you....)

(now i'm sure this post will probably be deleted...)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
madden football? Ok, mr. "Lets get TO, Moulds, Hutchinson"

I hear aspirins are on sale, pack66, buy a bottle and take them all.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
...Bars must have closed early in Chicago tonight...

glad to see you at your usual level of coherence...posting....

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there is not one thing said in this interview that in any way, shape, or form bashed the city of Green Bay! get over the arguing guys - it's ridiculous & childish. you are actually fighting about applebee's for God's sake!! :roll:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
thanks 4packgrrrrl...

the voice..and BODY...of reason...

-rrrrrrrrrr...woof...grrrr..yeah baby!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
thanks 4packgrrrrl...

the voice..and BODY...of reason...

-rrrrrrrrrr...woof...

hugs & kisses to you too, 66! :wink:

i've NEVER been called the voice of reason before - me likes!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
I was very critical of Ryan Longwell blaming holders publically last season -- even though it was obviously a problem all season -- he should not have gone there..

Totally agree here.... The one glaring fact about the whole Holder issue, was that Longwell pretty much admitted to NOT discussing tactics and mechanices with the new holder(s). Having Doug Pederson around was a boon, sure... but, if you have a Kicker who's too snobbish to associate with the other players.. what do you have? "A lack of teammanship!" What's he waitin' for? A limo to help him off the field? Ryan handled that situation poorly, and for that fact alone I'm not sad to see him leave. It smells a bit like the Javon Walker scenario.

Otherwise, I'll back you on on the rest of your outlook.....

PS: The @#$% comment was uncalled for - especially on what should be viewed as a premiere Packerfan website.

What is this - cbssportsline.com? (for bucs fans?)

Let's leave that vulgarity for some other forumboard. It's just as easy for anyone else out there to say as much our "our" mothers....... it is a reflection on the class of this Forum!

Quick Note: Longwell couldn't afford to eat at Prime Quarters? Puh-leeez!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ILOVETHEPACK said:
tromadz said:
why say anything at all? Why not say "GB was great, i look forward to my time with the vikings"

That's it in a nut shell. Just shut your pie hole and leave. Bruce I can understand what you are saying, you are in-love with Longwell, that's cool. I'm sure you could write a book on him with all your facts, maybee Bruce is actually Longwell? Don't take a shot at GB like Applebees is the best place to go for fine culinary cusine it's not. I'm sure that you go to WI and visit once in a while but YOU DO NOT LIVE IN GB Bruce A.K.A Longwell or Longwells Beaach. I'm out

sheesh...talk about LACK OF CLASS!!! :stop:

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talk is cheap and Longwell, etc. have nothing to complain about. He got the Greenbacks he was looking for and GB got some great field-goal kicking from him. Longwell is gone and may he rest in peace. As for great cuisine I would imagine New York and S.F. and perhaps even that cesspool in Minnesota, among a few other major cities would certainly outclass GB. So what!!!

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ILOVETHEPACK said:
tromadz said:

That's it in a nut shell. Just shut your pie hole and leave. Bruce I can understand what you are saying, you are in-love with Longwell, that's cool. I'm sure you could write a book on him with all your facts, maybee Bruce is actually Longwell? Don't take a shot at GB like Applebees is the best place to go for fine culinary cusine it's not. I'm sure that you go to WI and visit once in a while but YOU DO NOT LIVE IN GB Bruce A.K.A Longwell or Longwells Beaach. I'm out

Listen, I understand that you are a kid. But I was born in Wisconsin, I played college ball at WI and have been a life long Packer fan -- it is in our blood and our birthright.

Having said that, I don't think this shot was necessary. I have never taken a shot at you, and have done nothing in this thread other than offer an opinion.

I am often surprised that some people get upset about knowing something about the game, the players, the coaches -- including past performance and upside potential. I am sorry if that offends you. I thought that is what people came to football forums to talk about.

Some people are interested in more than, "the packers rule, and the vikings suck." It is OK if that is how you want to post, but I would think that trying to have thoughtful discussion would not be considered out of bounds.

Reaction score
Don't come around posting here if you only are going to bash others. You look like a fool and a jerk because you are not normally posting here anyways. Grow up. ILOVETHEPACK, why bother posting when all you are going to do is bash others? Disagree, but at least provide proof.

Bruce, check your PM.

Members online

Latest posts