Lacey's fumbles

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol. he hasnt fumbled since week 2 or 3... before today... he had 1...
3 this season puts him above avg for a rb this season.

Oh wait what? You don't care bc you are butt hurt I said Aaron isn't obsessed over Brett like you are

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry guys but I had a big LOL at the end of that one. You're both wrong or you're both right!

In either case to address the OP, I'm not so concerned with Lacy's fumbles. The yardage and points he gains us by far outweight the turnover concern.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hes fumbled....twice all year? Yeah, its a "real concern" LOL

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry guys but I had a big LOL at the end of that one. You're both wrong or you're both right!

In either case to address the OP, I'm not so concerned with Lacy's fumbles. The yardage and points he gains us by far outweight the turnover concern.

fumbles are still fumbles regardless of if they are recovered or not....

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not too concerned about it. He always fights hard for extra yards, which is huge. Think of how many extra yards that gets us, and key first downs. If that comes at the price of two lost fumbles a year, I'm willing to take the risk.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait.... only one lost fumble... you are wrong
or we are both right.:)

I said fumbled 3x. I didnt say how many were recovered. Thus why those are two different stats in the stat book.

Im in the camp that recoveries by RBs during a fumble is mostly luck. The fact that they put them on the ground to me is concerning.

So 2 lost fumbles this year and 3 fumbles total.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
fumbles are still fumbles regardless of if they are recovered or not....

I am aware they are still recorded as fumbles and they still count against him in the stats regardless of who recovers them. What I was getting at was, against his positive yardage, 1st downs, 3rd down conversions and TDs those "3" fumbles don't hurt him or the Packers as much. It's a matter of his positive attributes outweighing what I consider to be a small scale negative. I'd gladly take 3 fumbles from a RB who charges as hard as Lacy for what he brings to the running game of the Packers.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am aware they are still recorded as fumbles and they still count against him in the stats regardless of who recovers them. What I was getting at was, against his positive yardage, 1st downs, 3rd down conversions and TDs those "3" fumbles don't hurt him or the Packers as much. It's a matter of his positive attributes outweighing what I consider to be a small scale negative. I'd gladly take 3 fumbles from a RB who charges as hard as Lacy for what he brings to the running game of the Packers.

sure, we won 2 of the 3 games, its easy to think that.

I guess I am in the small camp that believes its something he should work on in the offseason as turnovers kill teams

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
sure, we won 2 of the 3 games, its easy to think that.

I guess I am in the small camp that believes its something he should work on in the offseason as turnovers kill teams

In regards of it being needed to be worked on over the summer, I agree with you there. With Lacy I'm a little more forgiving because he brings it. If it had been a RB who doesn't produce the stats or carries Lacy does I'd be far less forgiving.

Nonetheless, there are those who would think 3 fumbles from any caliber RB are 3 fumbles too many. In that regard it never hurts to work on his ball carrying skills or how to protect the ball better particularly when he is going down to be tackled.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not concerned at all, he breaks at least 2 tackles every time he touch the ball. he was due for a fumble. thing is they didn't score off his fumble, the D stopped detroit on that drive.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy does not have anything close to a fumbling problem. Relative to the amount of scrapping he does after contact? Relative to his youth, and inexperience against NFL defenders. Relative to the brutal beating he takes..... My god, the guy is up there with Barry Sanders as far as not fumbling goes.

And on the back of his football card, they list fumbles(lost). Thats 3 on a 2 year career. 530 carries. 77 receptions. 24 total TDs. 3001 total yards. 32 games. And the ball only hit the ground 4 times total. Only 2 lost until yesterday when he lost his 3rd of his career. I mean.............. Should we call out Rodgers because he threw 2 picks against the Bills? How high is our standard? Mine is very low. lol After years of running game that left racing stripes on the Packers undies. I'd be happy with anything.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy does not have anything close to a fumbling problem. Relative to the amount of scrapping he does after contact? Relative to his youth, and inexperience against NFL defenders. Relative to the brutal beating he takes..... My god, the guy is up there with Barry Sanders as far as not fumbling goes.

And on the back of his football card, they list fumbles(lost). Thats 3 on a 2 year career. 530 carries. 77 receptions. 24 total TDs. 3001 total yards. 32 games. And the ball only hit the ground 4 times total. Only 2 lost until yesterday when he lost his 3rd of his career. I mean.............. Should we call out Rodgers because he threw 2 picks against the Bills? How high is our standard? Mine is very low. lol After years of running game that left racing stripes on the Packers undies. I'd be happy with anything.

That's the first time I've seen anyone cite a football card on here

I guess I'm asking too much for him to work on it in the offseason. 3 fumbles this year isn't ****erson level but it's something he could focus on.

Members online

Latest posts