Labor Talks broken

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Labor talks have broken off. If no extension is done today it will not get done.
If this is the case, the salary cap will not increase as expected and teams will be cutting high priced players some of them that teams do not want to cut.
Espn listed a group of players likely to be cut. Included on that list was Brett Favre.

This all may be a bluff on the part of the Players Association but if it comes to pass next year will become uncapped and there will be a violent upheaval in the NFL.

magic_8ball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a football fan i'm concerned about what could happen in the nfl in about two years but as a packer fan i'm pretty excited for the immediate future. No cap increase means that teams will be unloading high quality players like crazy. Even with Brett still on the roster we are going to be about 20 million under the cap, we are one of the four or five teams in the league that we could improve by being able to pick up 3 or 4 quality free agents for cheap. the bad part is that another team with lots of cap space is those viqueens.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow! What next? If the cap is unbridled where does that leave GB in 2 or 3 years. Will the Packers be able to keep up with big spenders like Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder? Or will it work just the opposite? I'll be in favor of getting rid of free agency if it ends up in washout.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Labor talks have broken off. If no extension is done today it will not get done.
If this is the case, the salary cap will not increase as expected and teams will be cutting high priced players some of them that teams do not want to cut.
Espn listed a group of players likely to be cut. Included on that list was Brett Favre.

This all may be a bluff on the part of the Players Association but if it comes to pass next year will become uncapped and there will be a violent upheaval in the NFL.

Never Brett Favre.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brett would rework his contract ....again..... before he let the cap issue effect what players were brought on board.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wischeez said:
I think Brett would rework his contract ....again..... before he let the cap issue effect what players were brought on board.

absolutely! he's taken a pay cut before & he'll do it again if necessary.