Kurt's Future?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
McCarthy declined the Press-Gazette's request to interview Schottenheimer on Monday about his future with the team.

Why do you think Mike refused to allow the press to interview him? The axe about to fall? ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That is odd...Sherman has a p/c today at 1pm, so maybe there will be a firing??

Or maybe he just doesnt want reporters noising around anything...

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy declined the Press-Gazette's request to interview Schottenheimer on Monday about his future with the team.

Why do you think Mike refused to allow the press to interview him? The axe about to fall? ;)

YES!

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Could also go the other way, if MM hasnt had the time/opportunity to have a chat with Schottenheimer and other assistant coaches on their performance and do a season ending appraisal, he wouldnt want the media grilling them on their performance and their future. Just good management practice I suspect.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt any move will be made until MM has had a chance to do his coaches evaluations.

I don't see the big hurry anyways. It's not like we're at a point in time where the guy we want is going to be gone if we don't move now so there is no need for MM to rush to the mike and announce he put Shotty on the road.

He should take a responsible and just approach so that present and future assistants can take faith in the fact his actions are fair and he is loyal to his guys at the same time.

Being a quick fingered HC can come back to haunt you down the road when you do need to recruit an assistant.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
bump...

I read somewhere that McCarthy made the comment "no changes are forthcoming" or "no changes are expected", something along those lines... :-?

correct, he said that during his season ending p/c

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
bump...

I read somewhere that McCarthy made the comment "no changes are forthcoming" or "no changes are expected", something along those lines... :-?

Poor... poor.

He said he does not anticipate any changes however has to evaluate the coaching just as players get evaluated.

He did nothing close to closing the door on no one being let go. In fact, he left the door wide open.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
bump...

Poor... poor.

He said he does not anticipate any changes however has to evaluate the coaching just as players get evaluated.

He did nothing close to closing the door on no one being let go. In fact, he left the door wide open.

Okay zero..here is the exact quote....

click me!!!

McCarthy strongly suggested he'll retain the rest of his coaching staff.

"I don't anticipate any changes," McCarthy said, "but once again, it's no different than evaluating players. It's no different than evaluating practice schedules. We will look at everything. There will be a lot of conversation the next four days about everything we've done as a coaching staff."

IGHPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
bump...

Poor... poor.

Okay zero..here is the exact quote....

click me!!!

McCarthy strongly suggested he'll retain the rest of his coaching staff.

"I don't anticipate any changes," McCarthy said, "but once again, it's no different than evaluating players. It's no different than evaluating practice schedules. We will look at everything. There will be a lot of conversation the next four days about everything we've done as a coaching staff."

You should read the fan comment on the end of the article.

"I say we keep everybody and not change a thing because it was such a great season.

Schottzy is great, 8 and 8, Schottzy is great, 8 and 8....... "

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The exact question an answer.

(Can you rule out replacing anyone on the coaching staff?)
I'll just say this. I don't anticipate any changes, but once again, it's no different than evaluating players. It's no different than evaluating practice schedules. We will look at everything. There will be a lot of conversation the next four days about everything we've done as a coaching staff, and I'll always do what's in the best interests of the Green Bay Packers.

Members online

Latest posts