Kurt Warner Thinks Packers tried to Hurt Him

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm weird to hear him complaining about that game as they clearly won bc of a no call from the refs. I rarely if ever complain about the officiating but it clearly decided the game. That and the pick to start the game and the Rodgers to Jennings miss at the end :/

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
His memory is foggy from all the hits he took. Its not that we took cheap shots, its just that we were scary to such an old man.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amani Toomer basically told him to **** with him running his mouth as he has been talking about more than just the Packers trying to hurt him recently. Warner has always had an agenda.

Trying to defend the Saints and then shift the focus to the Packers in this bounty/head hunting investigation is completely reckless and he should be bounced from the NFL Network for it.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so glad we play the Cardinals this year. Even if Kurt doesn't play for them we can kick their *** like 38-7

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Wow, I remember two playoff losses to Warner both rather embarrassing for us. I think he just likes kicking the Packers cause he could never outshine Farve.

Reaction score
If anyone should be complaining, it should be Rodgers. If this was a real issue, he should have brought it up in the post game interview. Not 3 years after retiring.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember The Packers putting too much pressure on Warner at all.
There was about 960 yards thrown in that game. Unfortunately he wasn't touched that much. Don't know what he's gripping about

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Also the refs BLEW THE CALL at the end of the game when the Cardinals grabbed Rodgers facemask. That BLOWN CALL possibly cost us a Super Bowl

Yep.

And it cost me my dream SB in the Colts/Packers. I would rather the Packers had gotten those rings then the Saints.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Warner really blew that one. Now he will have to issue a denial saying that he's not suggesting the Packers had a bounty on him, because by saying what he did in the context that he did, people are going to make an immediate connection. Of course Warner didn't say that, but it will be taken that way.

Plus as we all know, the Packers got the short end of the stick in that game in terms of calls, and not just because of the last play of the game, in which a no-call was simply unbelievable. Plus the fact, one play before that Rodgers got hit in the head and there was no call. Warner should have kept his mouth shut.

Reaction score
Did he remember to double bag my canned goods?

F*** him. [shrugging]

Nice! VBG! I think Kurtis may have taken a few too many grocery store price stampings to his dome or he's been listening to his spouse again because I sure don't recall us taking any cheap shots on him, yet, we get the hosin' on the blown helmet to helmet and no call facemask to Aaron. I always thought this guy was on the "up and up" but I guess not. Another example of a former player who was blessed to have had the opportunity to play QB in the NFL and caught "lightening in a bottle," but is tarnishing his image by crying "foul" with no obvious proof behind his accusations. Ridiculous statement. He just needs to shut his pie hole and tend to that clean up in aisle 3.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Box score shows that the Packers hit Warner only three times (Jenkins twice, Chillar once) plus a recorded sack by Matthews. Rodgers was sacked five times and hit ten. http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=300110022

There was a penalty on Jenkins for a late hit on Warner. I thought it was a cheeky call as Jenkins could not stop his momentum as he was being tackled from behind by the OL. Instead of an offensive penalty, it was a penalty on Jenkins. Even the broadcaster commented on this poor call.

Other than that, I don't recall seeing anything out of the ordinary. Of course, a lot happens inside the pile that the cameras and refs do not catch. Who knows maybe the Packer players were trying to bite his ear off or something.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts