Kurt Schottenheimer

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy could find no one better to coach the DB's than this guy??

The bad thing about 2006 is we will see rookie mistakes by a rookie coach. This guy made McKenzie mad and causing trouble. After seeing the Unit's performance under his coaching I think McKenzie had a point.

Getting re-hired after being fired. There is going to be a problem with passing D during this season. I just see it coming.

Remember 2004 with Carroll, Jue, Roman, Horton, Sharper, and Harris getting burned? Remember the improvement in 05 in scheme when replacing a Pro Bowl player with a rookie?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you're putting a lot of bad eggs in this one basket.

Lionel washington gets no blame for having some of the worst Cbs in the last 3 years?(minus harris, who came up in a different team\system)

should we get more coaches who allow CBs to fistfight with eachother and be stoners and just plain retards?

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year Washington coached the CBs and Joe Baker coached the safeties. Typically there are 2 coaches for the secondary, but one is the the DB coach the other an assistant.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
you're putting a lot of bad eggs in this one basket.

Lionel washington gets no blame for having some of the worst Cbs in the last 3 years?(minus harris, who came up in a different team\system)

should we get more coaches who allow CBs to fistfight with eachother and be stoners and just plain retards?

I'll say one thing for you tromadz.....you're loyal. Anyone that can feel good about this hire is blinded by love!!! :wink:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the first hire that I am not real fond of. Being a "glass half full" kinda guy, I guess it would be hard to judge the performance of ANY assistant under Bob Slowik and that mess he ran several years back.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digs....I don't know enough to really have a problem with any of MM's hires yet, including this one. I just love it when guys choose a side and won't budge at all (kinda like me and my support of Mike Sherman).

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have praised the more recent Mike McCarthy hires. There is no way to spin this into a good hire, because it isn't.

This is cronyism plain and simple. He has never proven himself as a coach or as a team builder -- in fact quite the opposite. Because of the family he comes from he thinks he should be in charge and undermines those who get in his way. He was a bad hire when Sherman hired him and a good fire when he let him go. He not only was insubordinate, he left players confused and out of position and took no responsibility for his part in the breakdowns. He is not someone I would trust around my players or my coaching staff.

The best the Packers can hope for with this hire is that he has learned from his past mistakes and transgressions and grows considerably into being a better position coach than he has been in the past.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe this hire. From all accounts I've ever read, Schottenheimer sucked as a DB coach. I hope it works out, but I'm very concerned that Carroll may take a large step back next year under Schottenheimer's "tutelege".

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Add another checkmark next to "WTF?!?!?!?!?!?"

Like TOPF said, it was nice seeing Carroll actually improve this year, and I can not see that happening again with him, or any of the other cbs based on what this new addition has shown in the past.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say it again...with all the players who improved dramatically last year after Slowik left, there has to be hope that the coaches suffered the same fate under that leadership and that comparable improvement will be hoped for.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
I will say it again...with all the players who improved dramatically last year after Slowik left, there has to be hope that the coaches suffered the same fate under that leadership and that comparable improvement will be hoped for.

I give you credit digs...your glass isn't half full, it's overflowing! :D

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
I have praised the more recent Mike McCarthy hires. There is no way to spin this into a good hire, because it isn't.

This is cronyism plain and simple. He has never proven himself as a coach or as a team builder -- in fact quite the opposite. Because of the family he comes from he thinks he should be in charge and undermines those who get in his way. He was a bad hire when Sherman hired him and a good fire when he let him go. He not only was insubordinate, he left players confused and out of position and took no responsibility for his part in the breakdowns. He is not someone I would trust around my players or my coaching staff.

The best the Packers can hope for with this hire is that he has learned from his past mistakes and transgressions and grows considerably into being a better position coach than he has been in the past.

I'd have to agree with Bruce's comments for this Coach...... totally :!:

One should always remember to place the 'choke' word in the middle of anyone with the name of:

• Schotten(choke)heimer

-- It's in the blood... that family thing, ya know :!:

Is it time we wrote a letter "to" Mike McCarthy? Or what......

Members online

Latest posts