Kuhn...

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Kuhn is a great special teams player that's it. Could find another FB who is cheaper, and younger who would probably be a better blocker and runner.
Only better pass blocker is Jackson, and he's not the runner Kuhn is. Which says more about Jackson than Kuhn. Our blocking system can get a bit complicated

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I like Kuhn’s veteran leadership and his overall attitude but I wish he weren’t on the roster. Nothing against him personally of course, it’s just that with the ball in his hands the chances of him making someone miss are almost zero. Wilde has a good article (linked below) about Lacy’s first game as a pro and details the mistakes he made beyond the fumble. McCarthy is quoted as saying, “My goal for him is to be a three-down player and keep him in there and keep him playing. Because when he’s in there, I mean, he’s a fine young football player. But the details – that’s the difference between winning and losing in this league.” That’s my hope too - that Lacy becomes a 3-down back - but in addition to the other details, he has to master the details regarding protecting Rodgers and that will get him on the field on third downs. If Lacy needs a breather, I’d prefer another back who can make a tackler miss come in on third down. But right now it’s Kuhn because he’s the best at picking up a blitz. It’s up to the young RBs to change that.

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=9541&is_corp=1

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Lacy needs to line up his chops better, and learn to use his hands a bit more instead of immediately selling out on the chop. Harris had the same problem but cleaned that up relatively quickly. When Lacy does the same, look out. The more reps Lacy gets, the more expendable Kuhn gets.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to reiterate this forum after yesterday's boneheaded play. WHY IS KUHN ON THE ROSTER?!?! Especially at $2.5M (or whatever it is)! He's a veteran that made an unforgivable mistake on special teams and his one run was predictably only for 1-2 yards. And we don't use fullbacks in our offense. So, again, why do we bother with this guy?! If he were making the veterans minimum, I could stomach keeping him. But, his salary is outrageous and he should be cut as a result. He's easily replaceable for whatever it is that he brings to this team.

Members online

Latest posts