Kuhn...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is my theory why he is kept:
It's so that even if he got -10 yards on a Lambeau play the stadium will be filled with the "Uuuuuuuuuuuuuu" sound.
And the Packers won't know if it's from a boo or Kuhn and they would rather think the crowd is going "Kuuuuuuuuhhhhn!" to keep their morale up.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I brought this thread back to remind us that quality does not need to be flashy, or self glorifying. John Kuhn is on the 2013 Packers because he is the best blocking RB on the team. He gets an occasional handoff, it keeps defences honest and John can still pound the line for another runner. His greatest value is pass blocking for our superstar QB. He has been and still remains an important part of the team. The Packers are lucky to have him.
If his was the only Packers autograph I had so far collected, I'd be sticking up for him too. ;)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You dug up a dinosaur thread so you could say that?
Wrote the person who has Jesus for an avatar. LOL

Not even a year old. Hardly a dinosaur.
I like to think of it as bringing one out of the vault.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

If his was the only Packers autograph I had so far collected, I'd be sticking up for him too. ;)

I don't have any autographs, I live in Virginia and just attending a Packers game at Lambeau or anywhere is still an unfulfilled dream. As for "sticking up" for John Kuhn, yes I do. The Packers and Aaron Rodgers would be in deep trouble without him. As for personally attacking me, that is the ploy one uses when they do not have any facts to support their argument. If you have a fact supported argument, then post it and stop attacking members of this forum where differing opinions are encouraged.

Have a nice day. :)

Reaction score
We have 15 million cap space. For every 'Kuhn' that we are overpaying, we have 10 players that are almost at the bare minimum. Nothing to worry about here: Let me say this again... 15 million cap space!

That is AFTER signing Rodgers and Matthews to close to max contracts! Also not to mention, Kuhn is not half bad of a player. I think people undervalue him on special teams.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have any autographs, I live in Virginia and just attending a Packers game at Lambeau or anywhere is still an unfulfilled dream. As for "sticking up" for John Kuhn, yes I do. The Packers and Aaron Rodgers would be in deep trouble without him. As for personally attacking me, that is the ploy one uses when they do not have any facts to support their argument. If you have a fact supported argument, then post it and stop attacking members of this forum where differing opinions are encouraged.

Have a nice day. :)
I wasn't serious. I was just kidding around and didn't mean to come across as attacking you. Hence the ;).

Good luck at getting to a Packers game someday.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, do you have a problem with Jesus? Or just a problem with people who don't?
Neither one.
I just found it ironic that you used the word "dinosaur."
Usually those who believe in Jesus don't believe in dinosaurs.

Just messing with ya man.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
So why do people hate on him?

He doesnt demand the ball on 3rd and short...He is best pass blocker for a rb we have
Because he's a one dimensional 30YO RB who's not listed at RB. I really hope we don't re-sign him, but if we do, it should be cheap at least. To such end he can consider this years pay as thank you/favor/going away present.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
We have 15 million cap space. For every 'Kuhn' that we are overpaying, we have 10 players that are almost at the bare minimum. Nothing to worry about here: Let me say this again... 15 million cap space!

That is AFTER signing Rodgers and Matthews to close to max contracts! Also not to mention, Kuhn is not half bad of a player. I think people undervalue him on special teams.
ST and pass blocking are literally everything that got him a roster spot. He's the offense version of Bush.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Because he's a one dimensional 30YO RB who's not listed at RB. I really hope we don't re-sign him, but if we do, it should be cheap at least. To such end he can consider this years pay as thank you/favor/going away present.

I think he catches the ball out of the backfield pretty well....So there are two out of 3 things he does well

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither one.
I just found it ironic that you used the word "dinosaur."
Usually those who believe in Jesus don't believe in dinosaurs.

Just messing with ya man.

Oh, okay... missed what you were getting at.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I like Kuhn, but I dislike that McCarthy continues to use that quick hand-off play to him that always gains zero yards. At least once per game it seems...

Must be Mike's only play listed under the heading: Use these plays when I don't need any yards.

;)

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

I like Kuhn, but I dislike that McCarthy continues to use that quick hand-off play to him that always gains zero yards. At least once per game it seems...

Must be Mike's only play listed under the heading: Use these plays when I don't need any yards.

;)

PFanCan , you should take a look at LTF's video , then next time check your facts. Kuhn is a solid FULLback and when in any game, he gives 100% on every play. I have never seen or heard of him quitting on a play. As for Coach McCarthy always calling the quick handoff that produces little, I have seen many backs on many teams do little better with the same call. Also if that is his signature play, it may be that the coaches are aware of it as well and it sets up the defence for a more effective play where Kuhn is really in to pass block or catch the screen pass. Coach McCarthy operates at a higher level than myself, so I trust that he knows what he is doing with the plays he calls. The staff spend a considerable amount of time planning for what they want to do in each game / situation. :D

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I brought this thread back to remind us that quality does not need to be flashy, or self glorifying. John Kuhn is on the 2013 Packers because he is the best blocking RB on the team. He gets an occasional handoff, it keeps defences honest and John can still pound the line for another runner. His greatest value is pass blocking for our superstar QB. He has been and still remains an important part of the team. The Packers are lucky to have him.
You ***hole, I was searching the web for a sec trying to find out why Steven Jackson was suddenly available...lol.

Damn necro post reviving buttheads. I hate you all.

I have to go spend time with my avatar now. You all vex me.

I'm sorely vexed.

I need chocolate.

:p

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
PFanCan , you should take a look at LTF's video , then next time check your facts. Kuhn is a solid FULLback and when in any game, he gives 100% on every play. I have never seen or heard of him quitting on a play. As for Coach McCarthy always calling the quick handoff that produces little, I have seen many backs on many teams do little better with the same call. Also if that is his signature play, it may be that the coaches are aware of it as well and it sets up the defence for a more effective play where Kuhn is really in to pass block or catch the screen pass. Coach McCarthy operates at a higher level than myself, so I trust that he knows what he is doing with the plays he calls. The staff spend a considerable amount of time planning for what they want to do in each game / situation. :D
Rewatch any game. Kuhn is not a FB, despite the designation, and is a terrible lead blocker. He was a RB in college, and despite lining up in the FB spot, has never been a particularly good lead blocker. Let not the moniker fool you.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Is that the one where he catches the ball in the air, gets hit and spun around mid air, then lands on his feet? He still flashes that old Kuhn every now and again, and even when he doesn't he can still get the job done in the passing game, but he's still only a shadow of the guy who replaced Henderson. Still one tough SOB (singlehandedly proves finesse guys can be much tougher than "physical" run guys. Kuhn was more physical than the run guys on other teams too.)

Lakedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kuuuuuhn is awesome. He's one of the lowest risk guys in the team. Lacy has better moves, but Kuuuuhn beats him on everything else.... N I think Lacy's going to have an 800 yard yr, mostly in 2nd half yards.

Can someone start a thread about Cobb throwing passes?! He was a college QB. I thought there was potential to use him throwing on the run last yr, hen nothing in the post season. We need to hit em by land, air n surprise.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kuhn is a great special teams player that's it. Could find another Fb who is cheaper, and younger who would probably be a better blocker and runner.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts