1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Krob to hear soon???

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pack93z, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bump.

We could have definitely used K-Rob against da Bears. We need his KR/PR skills + when Jennings went out for a few series, he was really missed.

He could have really stretched the field for us too as our 4th WR/deep threat. I can't wait until he's back.

2. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think this is going to be a bigger boost to our team then many now realize, thanks for the news Z2C !!!

3. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed. This may be almost as big as in '96 when we picked up Rison.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    he is having his liver tested to show he hasnt had a drink...He is taking a pill that makes him sick if he drinks..

This came from Jay Glazer who PERSONALLY talked with K-rob when they worked out together in Arizona

and he expects to be back for the game after the bye

Just heard it right now on sports radio 1250 am in Milwaukee

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Thank you. :D

6. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

This just got a fist-in-the-air salute. I like hearing stories like this about Robinson. And his return.

7. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I swear they was not to be any contact between Koren and the Packers, but I must be wrong.

8. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    It would be impossible to enforce that. I think he was just banned from Packers facilities.

9. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, Favre's initial ire with the league was because it banned Koren from hanging out @ team facilities, which would obviously make it easier for a guy struggling with alcohlism to just to 'hang out' and get some support from team members. We all know how hard it is to call a friend for the explicit purpose of 'talking'.

When it first came down, I took it to mean that he was still allowed to talk to teammates, just not on NFL property...

10. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting all giddy with the news that Robinson seems to have gotten his life straight.

God, what a boost that'd be to our team. :D

11. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Think of what he could do for special teams.

Also as a deep threat. That's the one thing he can do that the other four can't. He's big and fast which provides a huge advantage on the outside. Then you have Jennings and Driver in the slot. Don't forget about James Jones either. It could really be something fun to watch.

12. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    DD, Jones, GJ, K-Rob running routes on the same play! opposing defenses wouldd be shaking in there boots.

I wonder what kind of an impact K-Rob will make when he first comes back?

13. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Just read that Koren Robinson runs the 40 is between 4.32 and 4.38. I guess I can see why Brett said Koren was our only true deep threat at WR.

Here's an article before he was drafted.

I remember someone asking if Robinson was going to help our running game. I noticed he was a former Tailback lol hmm

14. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    a handfull of plays on offense for 1st 2 weeks but more then likley lot of kick off/ punt returns!!

15. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    K-Rob said:

"I can take a short pass, a hitch or a curl, and turn it into a long gain. "

*drools*

16. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Mr Jennings better not see that!!

I am very curious tho...Why does it seem everyone is acting like he is the 2nd coming of Jennings ( LOL )

I personally like him cuz he is another option, does have some speed, is pretty good at holding on to the ball ( only one LOST fumble as a wr/k/r)

Look at his stats, and its really isnt anything to write home about, or is it???

75 games
    242 catches--3 catches per game
    3603 yards--38 yards per game
    14.9 yards per catch
    13 tds

59 k/o returns in 17 games
    1474 return yards---15 yards per return
    1 td

17. RainX

RainX Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Considering Koren was probably going to be the Vikings #1 receiver going into 2006 (and probably in '07 too) before he decided to drive back to St. Cloud drunker than hell with the cops chasing him during training camp, he definitely brings veteran experience and some potentially very good play-making ability to our young corps of receivers once he gets back up to speed

That being said, I'm still kind of holding my breath even though all signs point to him getting reinstated sooner than later. Until Goodell actually reinstates him, it's pretty much wishful thinking at this point. Although, unless there's something we don't know about, there really is very little reason to think he won't get reinstated.

18. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Koren is very overrated and always has been. Every year in Seattle was going to be his "breakout" year. He's not a good 1 or 2 but he'll be useful as a 3-4 and give us a deep threat.

19. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
  20. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    K-Rob will be our 4th WR. Put him against any other 4th WR and he'd probably win by a landslide.

The reason we're so high on K-Rob is I can't think of any team that can matchup their 4th CB against K-Rob and be confident in that matchup. Plus, he always has the potential to break a KR for a TD. He has a history of it.

21. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Plus......just my opinion.....he's gonna come back hungry! He's gonna want to be part of the action!
    They showed him on TV this morning. He's been working out down south. So IF they reinstate him, he would be a good addition.

22. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I just found this:

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071011/PKR01/710110556/1989