Krob to hear soon???

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I know, I know... it is PFT.com again.. but this kinda looks like a agent type leak..

In addition, did anyone notice the NFL is now sponsoring PFTalk?

KOREN EXPECTS ANSWER ON REINSTATEMENT WITHIN THE WEEK

A league source tells us that Packers receiver Koren Robinson expects to hear within the week whether he'll be reinstated after a one-year suspension for multiple violations of the league's substance-abuse policy.

Though many of the guys who run afoul of the policy do so because of marijuana, Robinson's primary vice was alcohol. His suspension arose from a DUI arrest that followed a high-speed car chase while Robinson was with the Vikings.

Per the source, Robinson is eligible to return as of October 17.

The addition of Robinson can't hurt the Packers, who are one of the surprise teams in the league at 4-0. It would be even better, however, if Robinson played tailback -- especially since the Packers are sporting some impressive wideouts right now with the trio of Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, and rookie James Jones.

Robinson was the ninth overall selection in the 2001 draft. The Seahawks gave up on him due to his off-field problems and an inability to catch passes on a consistent basis. He made it to the Pro Bowl in 2005 as a kick returner with the Vikings, and was expected to become their No. 1 wideout in 2006.

The Vikings cut Robinson after his arrest in August 2006, and the Packers thereafter signed him. At the press conference regarding the move, a reporter raised with Green Bay G.M. Ted Thompson the possibility that Robinson might kill a local resident while driving drunk or racing from cops.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, I know... it is PFT.com again.. but this kinda looks like a agent type leak..

In addition, did anyone notice the NFL is now sponsoring PFTalk?

ProFootballTalk said:
The addition of Robinson can't hurt the Packers, who are one of the surprise teams in the league at 4-0. It would be even better, however, if Robinson played tailback -- especially since the Packers are sporting some impressive wideouts right now with the trio of Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, and rookie James Jones.

He just had to get that little barb in there didnt he

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This would be great to finally find out one way or another.

I'd wouldn't mind having him back on the squad, cause I think he's a good guy with some overcome-able weaknesses.
Then again, it sure would be alright with me if we traded him for a dynamo RB....

Wait, I'm retarded. Our RBs are fine. Maybe.

And yeah, I saw that NFL is a sponsor of PFT now. I click the ads every time I head to PFT, just so an accurate representation of their influence is shown to the NFL

Edit #3: Trade deadline is the day before he gets back. I'm just off today. :doh:

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
He just had to get that little barb in there didnt he

Par for the course.. Shefler on NFLN ripped us as well.. saying we are likely to loss this weekend moreso than the other unbeatens..

We are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL this year. I like our chances..

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we can get him back.
Our receievers are going to take a mighty beating this year due to overuse, which is due to no running game, which is due to to the O-line unable to create holes which is due to the ZBS which is obviously not working.
We might really need ths guy!!!!!!!!1

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our receievers are going to take a mighty beating this year due to overuse, which is due to no running game, which is due to to the O-line unable to create holes which is due to the ZBS which is obviously not working.

I........... .... ... respectfully disagree.

Why are the WRs taking a beating due to overuse? It's not like an RB who gets hit every time he you run the ball..

Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne have gotten plenty of use in the past, and I've never heard of them breaking down for that reason.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yooperfan,

Is it really K Rob we need or a running back?...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see K-rob back. I think he will come out with something to prove. So he could be great.
As far as RB.......we don't need any........what we NEED is the o-line to start opening up some holes.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think K-Rob gets used in KR or PR at first. That will get him either into good playing condition or killed. Woodson should never be put into those positions. Once he gets into sync, I see Bodiford moved to PS or cut, and a really scarey 4-5 WR set being used a lot. A nightmare to stop.

robkeg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa I agree the whole way with you. First of all, Woodson should never be in a punt or kick off team. He is to valuable at CB. Second the best way for Krob to get involved slowly is as a returner and especially now that blackmon is out. We are going to have a good season as long as we take what is given to us and the D remains solid.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I just got from a reliable source that Koren has been advised he WILL be reinstated. I'm not sure how true this is, but all indications appear it's a true comment.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just got from a reliable source that Koren has been advised he WILL be reinstated. I'm not sure how true this is, but all indications appear it's a true comment.

This is great news!! Once he is reinstated, how long before he can play football?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

This is great news!! Once he is reinstated, how long before he can play football?

To my knowledge, 10/17/07.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think K-Rob gets used in KR or PR at first. That will get him either into good playing condition or killed. Woodson should never be put into those positions. Once he gets into sync, I see Bodiford moved to PS or cut, and a really scarey 4-5 WR set being used a lot. A nightmare to stop.

I couldn't agree more...Driver, Jennings, Jones, Martin and Robinson...WOW!!!! :shock:

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do hope that K-Rob gets to play again, always liked him....

He has done well with his recovery so far, hope that continues! :thumbsup:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I do hope that K-Rob gets to play again, always liked him....

He has done well with his recovery so far, hope that continues! :thumbsup:

He will be playing again.
His first game back will be against the Broncos on Monday Night Football.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any idea if he's getting the "Tank Johnson" treatment - while suspended Johnson has had full use of the team facilities and playbook etc. Have there been any K-Rob sightings in GB?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Any idea if he's getting the "Tank Johnson" treatment - while suspended Johnson has had full use of the team facilities and playbook etc. Have there been any K-Rob sightings in GB?

Koren is not allowed to use or be at any Packer facilities during his suspension. Koren has been working out in Phoenix, AZ.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i hope there will be soon

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackinSteel said:

Koren is not allowed to use or be at any Packer facilities during his suspension. Koren has been working out in Phoenix, AZ.

Do you know if that is per the NFL or the Packers?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
PackinSteel said:

Do you know if that is per the NFL or the Packers?

Strictly NFL. The Packers WANTED Koren in THEIR facilities. It would help him with learning the system more fluently and also would have helped them keep an eye on their investment.

You might remember Brett Favre speaking out against Koren not being able to be at the facilities.

Favre: I don't like the way the league turned their back on him
Oct. 18, 2006

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Brett Favre sharply criticized the way the NFL handles substance abuse problems Wednesday, a day after Packers teammate Koren Robinson was suspended for the season, apparently because of a drunken driving charge.

"I don't like the way the league has, in my mind, turned their back on him," Favre said. "I'm not against banning him for the year. I'd love for him to play, but to boot him out, clean his locker out and say you can't have no contact with this team?"

Favre, who entered the NFL's substance abuse program during treatment for an addiction to painkillers in 1996, said it doesn't make sense that the policy bans his teammate from the Packers' facilities "and the support group that can help him."

NFL spokesman Michael Signora said the league had no comment.

The league's policy includes a stipulation against consuming alcohol while participating in its substance abuse program. Robinson apparently violated that before being arrested Aug. 15, when police said the receiver's blood-alcohol content was 0.11 percent, above the legal limit of 0.08.

He pleaded not guilty Tuesday to charges of drunken driving and fleeing police in a high-speed chase near the south-central Minnesota town of St. Peter.

In the eyes of the NFL, the difference between Favre's case and Robinson's was that Favre sought help under the league's substance abuse policy and voluntarily entered a treatment facility after suffering a seizure while in the hospital for ankle surgery.

Favre wasn't subject to punishment, only periodic drug testing used for treatment. He also complained Wednesday about being banned himself from drinking when he was in the NFL's program, though he made a conscious effort after his treatment to quit drinking to prolong his career and be a good family man.

Still, Favre said the league's decision on Robinson doesn't seem to be in anyone's best interest.

"I'm no expert, but I would think you would want for people to reach out to him and be within an organization that can help him as opposed to saying, 'You're banned from the building. To make matters worse, we don't even want you over here, so go think about it and deal with it on your own,"' Favre said.

Robinson said as recently as Monday he didn't expect to be suspended, but the league moved quickly against him. He did not return a phone call Wednesday.

His agent, Alvin Keels, said that Robinson is in a "state of shock" and thought the league would wait to hand down its punishment.

Robinson had caught seven passes for 89 yards and averaged 21.1 yards on 12 kickoff returns in four games for the Packers this year. He is eligible to be reinstated[video width=480 height=600]http://[/video] no sooner than Sept. 18, 2007.

Favre said Robinson told him last week that despite his troubles, he thought he had a lot of years left. Favre responded that he wished he could have played with Robinson earlier in his career.

"(He's) really a great guy," Favre said. "It's unfortunate that he has to go through this, but maybe it makes him a better person. Whether or not it makes him a better player remains to be seen I think the most important thing is his health and his family."

The suspension leaves the Packers without a proven No. 3 receiver with Ruvell Martin and other players expected to fill in with Robert Ferguson still on crutches after a foot injury.

I think this is the press conference that has Brett talking about Koren and being suspended.

http://play.rbn.com/nfl/nfl/open/packers/wmdemand/nongame/061018favre.wmv

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, Koren, to his credit, has done it the right way. He's kept a low profile, not mouthed off, kept training out of town, just bided his time. There's no real reason for the Commish to punish him further. If he hasn't earned another chance, who has? The fact that he apparently bonded somewhat with Favre last year(or so it was reported) his chances to excel now are enhanced, IMO. It would be great to get a return guy like Koren back there to give the other teams something to be concerned about. I'm sure, in my own mind, that this suspension has sobered him up in more ways than one. I look for good things soon.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Koren's application has not been considered yet.

His first possible date would be October 17th, but that is optimistic.

Also, Koren Robinson has never returned punts in his career. With him coming back after a year of rust I think there is a better chance you will be Brett Favre back there than Koren Robinson.

He was a great kickoff returner in MN 2 and 1/2 years ago, but returning punts would be brand new to him.

And all of this is predicated on IF he is reinstated.

Members online

Latest posts