1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Kornheiser working Monday Night Football next year?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Aceschnd, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Aceschnd

Aceschnd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.nypost.com/sports/61194.htm

January 30, 2006 -- With Al Michael's future on Monday Night Football in doubt, ESPN is strongly considering putting talk show host/columnist Tony Kornheiser on its telecast next year, The Post has learned.
    While ESPN is expected to decide after the Super Bowl if it will force Michaels to honor the eight-year $32 million contract he signed this summer, sources say the network has devised a Plan B around Kornheiser.

If the network allows Michaels out of his contract then the new team is expected to be led by Mike Tirico. Tirico will be joined by Joe Theismann and Kornheiser, if Kornheiser agrees...

word around town is that Al Michaels wants to stay with Madden, leaving MNF open for new talking heads. I like Tirico and I know it's popular to hate Theismann but I don't mind him. Bring on the comparisons of Kornheiser to Dennis Miller. (completly wrong) Mr Tony is a smart, funny, and most of all entertaining as hell and would be a great addition to those 2.

2. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like Kornheiser and maybe his penchant for shouting can drown out Theismann so this is a big plus in my books. If they're going to bring in Kornheiser, they should consider Wilbon too (though he is a Bears fan) as those two have pretty good chemistry.

3. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah, so Wilbon and Kornheiser can argue for 4 quarters like PTI...awesome!

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i like kornheiser on tv(his radio..not so much) but shouldnt they get 'football people' for MNF? whatevers fine.

5. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    It'd be another Dennis Miller-like routine...we know how that worked out.

6. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Kornhieser is cool...his sport is definitely not football though. strange choice.

7. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't really like him but maybe it's more that I don't like PTI and not him personally.

8. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Never heard of the guy - who does he write for?

9. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    not sure where his articles are syndicated, but he has a small blurb in the ESPN magazine once a month. he gained a ton of notoriety on Pardon The Interuption on ESPN. he has a radio show as well...

10. Aceschnd

Aceschnd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He writes awsome articles for the Washington Post. He hardly ever writes about sports but it is printed in the sports section, go figure.

11. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well perhaps that explains it...since I don't really follow any other sports I'm not camped on ESPN (and I have NFL Network :D ) so I hadn't heard of him.

12. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Kornhieser is great on PTI. It can't be any worse than the crap that ESPN has been passing off as commentators on the Sunday night games.
    By the way, he is a sports writer.

Washington Post

13. Aceschnd

Aceschnd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It is know confirmed that he is going to MNF. I'll find a link and provide it.

14. hitking2456

hitking2456 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    At least Kornheiser knows what a football is

15. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    and he wont use big words and cornfuse me. RAH! TROMADZ NO LIKE BE CONFUSED!

16. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    awww trom - how kewt!! now will you please change your freakin avatar - my eyes - my eyes!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
    :wink: :lol:

17. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Tirico is very good, IMO, and it's pretty obvious Kornheiser is was added for the comedic appeal...and then keeping Theisman is an attempt to retain some football credibility. It might work.

18. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dennis Miller was great on MNF.