Korey Hall (6th round pick from Boise State)

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any one see this rumor??

"Don’t be surprised if Korey Hall winds up back on defense in the near future, and such a move would have nothing to do with his performance at the recent minicamp. The ex-Boise State star is simply a better linebacker than many people give him credit for, plus the fullback position has become pretty crowded as of late."

and this tidbit

"Before acquiring veteran kicker Lawrence Tynes from Kansas City, the Giants contacted the Packers about Dave Rayner. They were told that he wasn’t available....."

Does anyone know anything about this Packer update site??
http://pu2006.typepad.com/packerupdate/

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe they found a guy to push Brady Popp for a starting job.

i know its just highlights, and what not, and you cant really see his weaknesses.... but in a couple YouTube videos, the kid looked like an outstanding Linebacker, and against quality competition.

seemed to make the big play a lot. When he was drafted as a FB, i kinda thought the videos id seen overrated him.... but maybe they didnt... maybe we got a steal in the 6th round yet again.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will, without shame, admit that I knew nothing about Korey prior to watching the high-lights film on him on youtube. But then, I immediately became a fan. Then I was disappointed to hear that he would be worked as a FB, a really tough assignment for him. Now I read that he might go back to LB where we're stacked. It just shows how tough a league this is, and how difficult it is to make a team. Nevertheless, if he has what it takes, he'll contribute in some way...maybe on STs. I really like this guy.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was this not the guy the scouts all said the staff would hate to cut. I think if he works hard he could be that "versatile" athletic type who could be a big time Special Teams contributor.

With Rouse and Blackmon and Hodge and White and Bush and this guy and the other 6th round LB we picked we could rock some people on kickoff and punt coverage.

I know I wouldn't want the ball with those guys coming down.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he'll be our future Special teams captain i reckon. It would be pretty kick *** to see him playing both ways, ala Mike Vrabel. His pass catching is siad to be pretty decent for a LB

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Official now:

Packers Sign Draft Pick Hall

The Green Bay Packers have signed fullback Korey Hall, a sixth-round selection in the 2007 NFL Draft. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, announced the signing Tuesday.

Hall, a 6-foot, 236-pound player from Boise State, was a four-year starter at linebacker and a prominent special teams performer in college. He is being converted to fullback as a pro while continuing his roles on special teams. He was selected 191st overall, the first of three successive sixth-round choices by the Packers.

The team now has signed eight of its 11 draft selections.

Cant wait to see this guy run and hit in preseason.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After re-watching you-tube on Korey, I can now see why the Pack considers him at FB. After his INTs, he shows a very decent runback ability. Fast and shifty was what I saw. All-around good football player, IMO. (OK, so I'm pimping for the guy. Lighten up.)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After re-watching you-tube on Korey, I can now see why the Pack considers him at FB. After his INTs, he shows a very decent runback ability. Fast and shifty was what I saw. All-around good football player, IMO. (OK, so I'm pimping for the guy. Lighten up.)

Shifty moves, plus the ability to blow people up going head on(apply directly to the helmt)....it's not totally illogical to move him to FB.

Wherever he goes, he should do well.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts