Koren Robinson

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Posted by Yooper in this post....

Post subject: Re: Koren Robinson
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:05 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We need to remember that Mr. Robinson is still facing charges in Minnesota, two of which are felony charges, fleeing and eluding and obstructing a police officer.
It's possible he will be spending more time in the crowbar hotel than on the gridiron next year.
I'm not counting on having him for the 2007 season.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you're banking on jail time? that isn't very probable. Fine,community service,some clinic time..

oh, they're felony charges...well then...

1 in 100 people who committ a felony in Illinois get sent to prison. I am sure MN is MUCH better though. lol.

See ya September 18th, Koren.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Then why did TT sign him?

To take up a roster spot? I'd rather have a WR that could contribute on the football field rather than one that's sitting his *** in jail....

I know he was cheap..which was appealing to Ted, but what is the upside in this. Brett could have used another receiver this year....and next year!

Is he what we should consider "Packer People"...??

He took up a roster spot for a couple weeks and contributed during that time. After the decision to suspend him, he no longer was taking up a spot on the 53 man roster. TT, in obvious fashion, filled that spot with a practice squad WR, who didn't produce nearly as much.

GB has been a good place for several players to turn their careers around. K-Rob bought a home in GB and appears to be doing the right things to get on track. IMO he's definitely worth the minimal risk -- minimal because he costs nothing to cut.

No one has yet convinced me that this was a bad decision, and I firmly believe that TT has made several bad decisions.

GO PACK GO!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
P@ck66 said:
Then why did TT sign him?

To take up a roster spot? I'd rather have a WR that could contribute on the football field rather than one that's sitting his *** in jail....

I know he was cheap..which was appealing to Ted, but what is the upside in this. Brett could have used another receiver this year....and next year!

Is he what we should consider "Packer People"...??

He took up a roster spot for a couple weeks and contributed during that time. After the decision to suspend him, he no longer was taking up a spot on the 53 man roster. TT, in obvious fashion, filled that spot with a practice squad WR, who didn't produce nearly as much.

GB has been a good place for several players to turn their careers around. K-Rob bought a home in GB and appears to be doing the right things to get on track. IMO he's definitely worth the minimal risk -- minimal because he costs nothing to cut.

No one has yet convinced me that this was a bad decision, and I firmly believe that TT has made several bad decisions.

GO PACK GO!!!

Dontcha know its bad cuz Ted didnt get a playmaking WR in the middle of the season...After all, there are so many of those play making wr in the middle of the seaosn floating around...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No..it's bad if you're COUNTING on him to be there next September and you don't select anyone else in case he falls of the wagon, gets arrested, gets jailed..kicked out of the league again..etc...

No..there wasn't anyone else available around that time..except maybe Branch...who would have been a better option..imo.

But if you want to go there..I think TT should have gone after a REAL FA WR when they were available earlier in the season instead of experimenting with off the rack, inexpensive guys like Boreigter, Gardner..etc...then we wouldn't be left wondering and scratching our heads about the WR position for the Pack. But that's just my opinion though... :wink:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think the team is counting on him...Isnt that what Mike said in his season ending p/c??

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good. That's how I interpretted MM's press conference too...

Yeah..I'd like to see him back..but who knows?

It's a gamble.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
No..it's bad if you're COUNTING on him to be there next September and you don't select anyone else in case he falls of the wagon, gets arrested, gets jailed..kicked out of the league again..etc...

No..there wasn't anyone else available around that time..except maybe Branch...who would have been a better option..imo.

But if you want to go there..I think TT should have gone after a REAL FA WR when they were available earlier in the season instead of experimenting with off the rack, inexpensive guys like Boreigter, Gardner..etc...then we wouldn't be left wondering and scratching our heads about the WR position for the Pack. But that's just my opinion though... :wink:

If TT had been standing around and not addressing a ton of holes in this team I could be more on the band wagon here. For me, TT was like the little Dutch Boy with more holes to fill than fingers to put in the ****.

As many positions that were addressed there was going to be more needed and it's unrealistic to expect any GM to completely roll thru the personnel and make changes everywere all at once.

Having said that I am all for TT addressing the need for more playmakers this off season. We gained a lot of yards but didn't put up the points and the redzone offense was poor.

To be a playoff team you need guys that can get in the endzone. To be a SB team your personnel needs to match up with the Chargers and teams like that who have a shot to get there. From RB to TE, to WR, we don't match up personnel wise with teams like this.

You have to at least be close to the same skill level of your competition in the playmaking area or you just cannot expect to win at the level we are all looking to go.

The Saints with Bush, Mac, Horn, Colston, etc., are better in the playmaking area than us. That's why their still playing and we're not.

Our head knockers and trench guys can hang with most anybody. We need guys that put up 6's.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what's the upside?

-having a guy who was a pro bowl KR when he returns in september.
-another WR which gb needs.

Not rocket science here. He used to have a drinking problem. So did Brett.

I agree but where do you draw the line, sometimes guys just run out of chances, its tough to say but some people you just can't fix

Upon Koren's return, he will notice that two undrafted, unheralded recievers, Ruvell Martin and Carlyle Holiday have done a damn good job at making an impact despite not being first round pick primadonnas and had to fight to get where they are in the league right now...Robinson should be welcomed back, but should have to fight his way back into getting playing time and not be guaranteed anything...

On the other hand we could use the breakaway threat returning kicks...y'know lets let the offseason take its course first

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He could be something special if he can stay on the football field. Maybe being in Green Bay will help his off the field issues. I mean seriously in Green Bay. He could coulpe up nicely with driver, and Jnenigns, and even Martin and Holiday.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

Off Season hasn't started yet. Let's wait and see if the Packers go out and bring in some receivers and tight ends.

Branch isn't worth the 16th pick in the Draft and Green Bay needed a bigger WR. All this complaining of bigger WR's and now you want a guy who is 5'9" Branch is good but not what we needed and not worth our 1st round pick.

Robinson has 0 risk and all reward for us. Either way it was a good move and Andrew Brandt did the contract I believe so credit him for a nice and Packer friendly deal.

I would however agreed that it was a bad signing if the cutting him would hurt us. However it doesn't.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

Off Season hasn't started yet. Let's wait and see if the Packers go out and bring in some receivers and tight ends.

Branch isn't worth the 16th pick in the Draft and Green Bay needed a bigger WR. All this complaining of bigger WR's and now you want a guy who is 5'9" Branch is good but not what we needed and not worth our 1st round pick.

Robinson has 0 risk and all reward for us. Either way it was a good move and Andrew Brandt did the contract I believe so credit him for a nice and Packer friendly deal.

I would however agreed that it was a bad signing if the cutting him would hurt us. However it doesn't.

Pork,

I never advocated for only getting a big WR...must have been someone else... I was advocating for another LEGITIMATE weapon for Favre this year..that's all....

And at least someone like Branch or Donte Stallworth would have been available and on the field contributing this year...which was the original point!

My argument is that TT really had no one to replace Robinson with except NFL Europe type talent at WR once he was bounced from the NFL, and when Jennings went down, so it was a repeat of '05 in terms of the talent that Favre had to work with at WR...

(Ferguson has never really been a factor either so it's time for him to go!)

I sure hope that this type of thing doesn't happen again with the WR's for the third year in a row in '07..!!!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of big WR's. Eight of the top nine in this years draft are 6-3 or better. T. Ginn being the exception of the group at 6'-0.

I think a realistic choice would be Rice out of South Carolina. He is big, fast, tough, and destined to be a #1 WR.

By virtue of his body type he will jump over Jennings when DD is thru. In the mean time he will produce at least as much as Jennings did this year in his 1st season.

I like him over Jarrett or Smardjia. He's a lot tougher when he goes up for a ball.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
personally, i hope k-rob comes back to the packers & makes a good impact here - for as long as he can. i think the organization, as a whole, can be a great influence on a guy like him. it's kinda wait & see for now...

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of big WR's. Eight of the top nine in this years draft are 6-3 or better. T. Ginn being the exception of the group at 6'-0.

I think a realistic choice would be Rice out of South Carolina. He is big, fast, tough, and destined to be a #1 WR.
By virtue of his body type he will jump over Jennings when DD is thru. In the mean time he will produce at least as much as Jennings did this year in his 1st season.

I like him over Jarrett or Smardjia. He's a lot tougher when he goes up for a ball.

The Packers have had good luck with WRs from South Carolina -- players like Sharpe and Brooks come to mind.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:

The Packers have had good luck with WRs from South Carolina -- players like Sharpe and Brooks come to mind.

Rice is very raw. I could see him slipping to round 2 because intangibles

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seem to remember you dismissing the possibility of him being suspended in '06' too. Further, where do you think he is right now?

Answer: He is sitting behind bars in Washington for lesser charges than he faces in MN.

you're banking on jail time? that isn't very probable. Fine,community service,some clinic time..

1 in 100 people who committ a felony in Illinois get sent to prison. I am sure MN is MUCH better though. lol.

Reaction score
I seem to remember you dismissing the possibility of him being suspended in '06' too. Further, where do you think he is right now?

Answer: He is sitting behind bars in Washington for lesser charges than he faces in MN.

tromadz said:

As much as I hate to say something like this, but truth be told a great lawyer will get Koren off.

I've seen worser people let off (well, the lawyers I do work for are pretty awesome), all it takes is creativeness and something so out of the blue (but is rationalized by the lawyer) that shows Koren is better off NOT going to jail to capture the judge's attention and Koren will be in a good place.

I've seen it first hand, a man who should have served time got off with nothing because a lawyer used a radical philosophy that actually clearing the crime off the accused's record would be the best thing for him. When such a tactic is used properly, it is a work of art and a sight to behold.

You know what's funny, my mind has gone completely blank in reference to the legal jargin that was used. :-?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Koren is in Jail? That's news to me.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:

Koren is in Jail? That's news to me.

If you had to pick three words to describe me, they probably wouldn't be "In the loop", but I haven't heard anything about KRob being in jail, either.

I'll welcome him back - on Sept 18th. I'm also of the opinion that he won't serve any jail time.

Signing KRob was a smart move for TT and the Packers, and his contract is structured that we can release him at any time with little penalty. But why would we? We need a kick returner. We need another receiver. We filled both holes with one player - highly talented and dirt cheap. A player that has to work hard and fly straight if he wants to keep playing football.

Low risk. High reward. That's the kind of personnel deals that successful GMs make.

Members online

Latest posts