Koren Robinson

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to prepare for life without him. Even if he does comeback he will only be able to help out on specialteam the first couple games. We need other receivers for the first couple games til Koren gets inthe swing of things.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to remember that Mr. Robinson is still facing charges in Minnesota, two of which are felony charges, fleeing and eluding and obstructing a police officer.
It's possible he will be spending more time in the crowbar hotel than on the gridiron next year.
I'm not counting on having him for the 2007 season.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to remember that Mr. Robinson is still facing charges in Minnesota, two of which are felony charges, fleeing and eluding and obstructing a police officer.
It's possible he will be spending more time in the crowbar hotel than on the gridiron next year.
I'm not counting on having him for the 2007 season.

Well, crap.
Then we REALLY need a third receiver. Though I do like the way Holiday is coming along...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to prepare for life without him.

I think they are. It was TT or MM who said they 'couldn't count on koren for 2007' or something similar and I agree. Koren is a bonus if it happens.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sure looked like we had a few good young guys at the end of the season. Brett HAS to be happy about that fact. Plus, if we can get Gonzalez at TE, he would have alot to throw to......if he comes back that is.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
guys i really dont think Tony Gonzalez is gonna even listen to what the Packers have to offer, i'm almost 100% sure he wont sign for us.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
millertime said:

I think they are. It was TT or MM who said they 'couldn't count on koren for 2007' or something similar and I agree. Koren is a bonus if it happens.

Mike said it at his p/c yesterday

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
millertime said:

To concur.

(Do you count on Koren Robinson in your plans for next season?)
You can't really count Koren because of his situation with the league, and that's really all I can comment on it.

gator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why WOULD anyone think they COULD count on him for the season??
All he's done is screw up for the past few years--either injury or suspension or just not showing up. In MY opinion the Packers should quietly terminate his contract and just let him slip beneath the surface of whatever vat of alcohol he chooses.

He's a loser plain and simple--unreliable, unrepentant and unworthy of the talent given him by whatever force guides the universe.

I can't believe that Packers' fans are so enamored with him. Have you looked at what he did in MN last year?? 22 catches?? 22?? Ruvel Martin has better stats than that...1 TD catch -ONE....ONE kick return TD what's the big deal?? Believe me, if receiver-starved MN didn't feel he could be trusted to stay clean--Green Bay shouldn't.....

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Koren Robinson only played 14 games in minny and he was at the back end of the depth chart so of course he wouldnt get many. Maybe packer fans wanted him because he went to the probowl for Kick returning and that is something the packers havent had in a long long time is a good kick returner. 1 Kick return td ???? , let me ask you something have the packers even had a kick return td in the last 5 years or 10??

gator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And for ONE TD the Packers should give up any self-respect that they might be able to muster for the team?? Just why does everybody feel this turd deserves another chance, and especially a chance with the Packers--who used to stand for something.....If tt would allow some depth on this team the return game would improve--when the guys sho play special teams ALL have talent deficits there's not going to be a lot oction.....besides, I thought chuckie Woodson was supposed to be the big-time return man....WHY didn't HE get any scores and why do you think Robinson would do any better???

and if he could move out of the back of the depth chart in MN--why does everyone assume he's be the #1 or #2 guy here??

Fortunately I don't think it will be an issue. I doubt the NFL will allow him back in next year...........and good riddance

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Robinson comes back, I believe the Packers are set at WR with Driver and Jennings. Martin and Holiday, with limited chances, have shown they are players. I think Fergie is done unless they bring him based on athletic ability alone...cerntainly not production. However, considering Robinson's status and the fact that he probably won't be ready to play until mid to late October, the Packers might consider bringing in a couple of capable veteran free agents or Fergie...maybe a couple older guys that have something left. Hopefully, there won't be any high draft choices or projects to wait for.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers sign Gonzalez, it will be only a short term fix, at best. He a little old and has taken a lot of hits in his career. I'd be surprised if KC let's him go. It seems it would serve Gonzalez and KC for him to stay put. However, with the lack of production at TE, it sure couldn't hurt to sign him to a reasonable contract for a couple of years.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Robinson comes back, I believe the Packers are set at WR with Driver and Jennings. Martin and Holiday, with limited chances, have shown they are players. I think Fergie is done unless they bring him based on athletic ability alone...cerntainly not production. However, considering Robinson's status and the fact that he probably won't be ready to play until mid to late October, the Packers might consider bringing in a couple of capable veteran free agents or Fergie...maybe a couple older guys that have something left. Hopefully, there won't be any high draft choices or projects to wait for.

K-Rob was contributing in the first couple weeks he was in GB this season, so I don't think it's unreasonable to think that he'd be ready to contribute right away again this season.

He has plenty of talent, but has screwed himself with off-field crap. But that stuff hasn't brought down the team with him, like Moss and TO do. That is why I think he's a safe risk to take. You can't bet the team's future on him, but you can give him a chance.

His contract is cheap and he's signed through the 2008 season. If he doesn't continue to turn himself around, then it will be easy to cut him. If he does turn it around though, then we've added a very good WR. I fail to see a problem with this approach...

GO PACK GO!!!

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why WOULD anyone think they COULD count on him for the season??
All he's done is screw up for the past few years--either injury or suspension or just not showing up. In MY opinion the Packers should quietly terminate his contract and just let him slip beneath the surface of whatever vat of alcohol he chooses.

He's a loser plain and simple--unreliable, unrepentant and unworthy of the talent given him by whatever force guides the universe.

I can't believe that Packers' fans are so enamored with him. Have you looked at what he did in MN last year?? 22 catches?? 22?? Ruvel Martin has better stats than that...1 TD catch -ONE....ONE kick return TD what's the big deal?? Believe me, if receiver-starved MN didn't feel he could be trusted to stay clean--Green Bay shouldn't.....

First of all, you cannot really compare what K-Rob did in one year in MN if he was not being used properly in Mike Tice's offense.

He played 14 games and returned 47 kicks with a 26.0 average. He did only have 1 Td but had 7 returns of 40+ yards.

As a WR, he was basically a 3rd or 4th WR for MN. He had 22 catches of which 10 were for 1st downs and 1 TD. For the Packers last year in 4 games, he caught 7 passes for 6 1st downs. Historically, that is what he has done. HE MOVES THE CHAINS!!!

In Seattle, in his rookie year of 2001, he had 39 Receptions with 25 1st downs. In 2002 he had 78 Receptions (1260 yards) and 58 1st downs and 5 TDs. In 2003 he had 65 catches (896 yards and 4 tds in 15 games) with 39 1st downs. In 2004 he played in 10 games and had 31 catches with 2 TDs and 23 1st downs.

For his career, K-rob has played in 75 games (starting 57). He has 242 catches for 3603 yards (14.9 Avg), 13 TDs, 57 catches of 20+, 9 of 40 or more yards and 161 1st downs.

That comes to 23 percent of the time that he touches the ball it goes for more than 20 yards and 71.9 percent of his catches go for either a 1st down or a TD!! That would be without Driver, Jennings, and Brett on his team for 71 of those games.

I would think that would qualify him as a playmaker. I sure hope he can get everything straightened out personally and get back to work.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
tromadz said:
millertime said:

To concur.

You can't really count Koren because of his situation with the league, and that's really all I can comment on it.

Then why did TT sign him?

To take up a roster spot? I'd rather have a WR that could contribute on the football field rather than one that's sitting his *** in jail....

I know he was cheap..which was appealing to Ted, but what is the upside in this. Brett could have used another receiver this year....and next year!

Is he what we should consider "Packer People"...??

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
longtimefan said:
tromadz said:
millertime said:

To concur.

Then why did TT sign him?

To take up a roster spot? I'd rather have a WR that could contribute on the football field rather than one that's sitting his *** in jail....

I know he was cheap..which was appealing to Ted, but what is the upside in this. Brett could have used another receiver this year....and next year!

Is he what we should consider "Packer People"...??

We battled this question when he was signed.

There was no guaranteed money, just base salary per game..At the time past practices from the nfl to punish players like this normally took a while, appeals and such...So they were hoping they would have him the enitre season..

But strange thing, the new commish for the NFL is a hard ***, and with in 24 hours of K-robs court resutls, the comish suspended him..When in the past it took weeks..

Now the Packers have the rights to him when ever he is allowed back..

http://www.packerforum.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=103074&highlight=koren#103074

check that out..plenty to discuss there...as one poster mentioned.. at the time 2 spots were filled a wr and a kick returner..Not to mention k-rob was a PRO BOWLER as a kick returner..

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what's the upside?

-having a guy who was a pro bowl KR when he returns in september.
-another WR which gb needs.

Not rocket science here. He used to have a drinking problem. So did Brett.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
From Mike McCarthy's recent press conference

It's a little hard to perform on the field from a jail cell....

Not rocket science here....

Brett didn't break any laws....and wasn't arrested or suspended from the league....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts