Koren Robinson visits with Packers

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of brining in K-Rob unless Green Bay gets word he'll be allowed to play this year. If he has to go to jail next summer, then so be it. It happen with Jamal Lewis. It's happen once before and it'll happen again.

As for Moulds, Johnson, and Randal El. Highly overpaid in free agency. The 1 difference maker at WR was TO and he's as big as a risk as you can take.

I'm more upset at the fact that only 4 WR's were kept. I really think that's stupid and pretty much a prime example of not learning from past mistakes. Last year we had 3 WR's most of the time and that certainly didn't help the team out at all. One more WR needs to be brought in.

I don't understand what is so bad about Peter Warrick. He's a great return man and can be productive as a #4 WR. He plays the game fast and would be a solid fill of a need in my opinion. Robinson has the upside but brings more baggage. With Robinson I read that Green Bay is monitoring his situation. It probably means they’re waiting to get word from the NFL on whether he’ll be suspended at all for this season.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got a solution to the Koren Robinson problem.

If the Packers sign him they should hire a body guard/chaueffer for 75k to keep on eye on him and drive him everywhere so that he's never drunk behind the wheel.

Hell, that's a bargain when you think of all the money TT has spent on guy's that he brought in and cut, and what he gave Sherman on his way out the door. :wink:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Hey did you guys know TomAllen hates TT. ?

i just didnt want there to be any confusion.

Yeah just as much as you love him!

Packnic, try to be sensible. I am asking TT to bring in an experience WR like Warrick or Calico. These guys don't command millions of dollars and provideyou with some sort of experience. They are not Game-Breakers because according to you TT should sign noone that wants alot of money. Looking for veterans is a big plus for the young guys. Guys like Ricky Proehl are invaluable for thier experience alone.

Your argument is so hypocritical that I can't help but to laugh. Hear me out, man. I am not trying to TT bash or Packnic bash but I am just confused.

Everytime thier is a player that is brought up you make an excuse for why TT should not bring him in. First you say that "Big Name Players" should not be brought in because they want to much money. Then you say lesser name guys should not be brought in because they don't have the talent. That's why thier not big names!

Then you used they are not "Packer People" in the past. You talked about how TT only wants high character guys. Then, TT is looking into signing K-Rob and all the sudden that just FLIES OUT THE WINDOW.

You obviously can't keep your argument straight. Instead of excuses you should just state "anything TT does is a great move" because as you can see above, you talk in circles that make no sense.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Packnic said:

I am asking TT to bring in an experience WR like Warrick or Calico.

I'm pretty sure TT doesnt surf these forums...

if he does.............Call me! :babe:

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah i talk in circles, because you said that i said all these things.

i like the idea of warick or calico. i want more than 4 wr on this team.

AND I NEVER SAID DONT BRING IN BIG NAME PLAYERS. i said dont bring in big name players just to bring in name players so people like you will be satisfied. It clearly pays off to bring in a mix of bargain talent and a few big name players. Look at the patriots and steelers.

and i never argued this
I am asking TT to bring in an experience WR like Warrick or Calico. These guys don't command millions of dollars and provideyou with some sort of experience. They are not Game-Breakers because according to you TT should sign noone that wants alot of money. Looking for veterans is a big plus for the young guys. Guys like Ricky Proehl are invaluable for thier experience alone

thats what ive been saying all along bring in guys like that not guys that command millions and have a big name. the same thing applies with the oline. he has brought in rookies and will be giving them time to gel and become a great line. they have the talent now they need the experience. we may very well have a great line for years to come now.

as far as recievers.

TO= Big money, Big problems, Big Talent
Calico, Warrick = Medium Money, no problems, Medium Talent
Krob = No money, Maybe Big Problems, Big Talent

you just gotta pick your poison with them and i think Krob makes the most sense.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

I don't hate TT, Packnic. I just don't respect him a whole helluva lot, and he doesn't impress me!

If he brought in at least ONE veteran offensive lineman and a quality #2/3 receiver, my opinion of him might change a little bit. But I don't think he will, so I stand by my current opinion of him.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems odd that the Packers would bring in this guy. Sure the Pack need some veteran help at WR, but come on. This guy is a straight criminal who cant even get things right off the field. I know the main reason is they can get him cheap, and he can be used on Special Teams, but it just seems like they are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Should have kept Chatman or bring in C. Rodgers for a looksy.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Packnic said:

I don't hate TT, Packnic. I just don't respect him a whole helluva lot, and he doesn't impress me!

If he brought in at least ONE veteran offensive lineman and a quality #2/3 receiver, my opinion of him might change a little bit. But I don't think he will, so I stand by my current opinion of him.

alright im sorry... you strongly dislike him :lol:

im pretty sure he wont bring in an offensive lineman... but if he brings in KROB, C Rogers, or Calico maybe Warrick

would you at least change your mind a little?

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My opinion means NOTHING! But I'd vote to give Robinson a contract. If nothing else, it would scare our Viking friends because now they'd have to face him twice a year. Not all drunks are bad...hell Max Mcgee could show KRob what heavy drinking really is...and all Packer fans loved Max, and still do.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although I am not an expert on alcohol-related disorders, as a previous substance abuse counselor I feel we may be treating him a bit hash at this point. I am not excusing what he has done but after giving this a bit of thought have come to the conclusion : Why not give him a shot ? Coming to Green Bay and making a fresh start may be exactly what he needs to turn things around for himself ( and help the Pack at the same time ). My vote, for what it's worth is we give Robinson a chance.

There are many of our friends, family members and football players who have had to battle through addictions problems and have become very productive people ( on and off the field ). Cheers !!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
I would rather look at Jabbar Gafney or Todd Pinkston.

Pinkston signed with the Vikes and Gaffney doesn't have KRob's upside.

Gaffney has 18 catchs in the last two post season games including one for a TD. Crazy, we could have picked him up!

Members online

Latest posts