1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Koren Robinson visits with Packers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by CloudyFuture, Sep 4, 2006.

1. CloudyFuture

CloudyFuture Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    According to an NFL source, the Packers registered his visit with the NFL, which they are required to do so that all the other teams in the league are aware of it. The degree of interest the Packers have in Robinson is unknown, but because the former Seattle and Minnesota receiver has not been suspended yet he is free to talk to teams.

General manager Ted Thompson and personnel analyst John Schneider were both in Seattle when Robinson was scouted and eventually selected with the No. 9 pick in the 2001 draft. After Robinson was cut from the Seahawks and then the Vikings last year, the Packers made a push to get him signed.

Koren Robinson visit with Packers

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    That would work out, considering GB is DrunkTown, USA.

Yep, I dont foresee any possible problems there. None.

lol.

and isnt he not eligible to play this year?

edit(here it is):

Because his arrest might be a third violation of the league's policy, Robinson faces a one-year suspension. However, he will be able to appeal if the league chooses to do so and for the time being he is eligible to play.

3. CloudyFuture

CloudyFuture Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well he would be a "big name" player that some want thompson to bring in....Course he might miss the year to so....

4. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Obviously TT is familiar w/Robinson from the past. But if TT thinks that "friendship" is going to get the leopard to change his spots, fagitabotit. I like the guy's talent, same as I admire T.O.'s talent, but I'm not sure it's a good move. OTOH, I'm sure the Packers could draw up a contract protecting themselves in the likely case that Robinson blows it during the season.

5. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i don't know how much of a one year contract they could draw up, retiredgp...unless it's low guaranteed w/ a lot of incentives...either way...the Pack NEED to bring in a vet wr...so I'm all for this because there isn't much else out there other than maybe warrick or gaffney.

6. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You have got to be kidding me.

Great move. Let's sign a player that is potentially facing a one year suspension. I can only guess that he is not commanding a big salary because no other teams are interested, so *once again* we will get him on the cheap.

TT seems to be getting better and better at running this team. I honestly can't wait to see what he comes up with by Week 10!!! :roll:

Seriously, if he was GM of the Queens I'd be cheering right now...

7. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Koren is a pretty low option...but the packers are only 3 deep at WR...any experienced help they can get would be very beneficial...even if it means only for 3 weeks b4 he gets suspended

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    lol, wow.

wait till hes signed before you bash the guy some more.

9. steveGB

steveGB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    IMO as long as he can catch the ball im all for it

10. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We need a WR for the season, not the first three weeks. Does the new CBA even allow us to cut him if he gets suspended??? It's not like we would have had no clue it may be coming when we brought him in.

11. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Explain why such an idiotic move should even be considered? Is a potential three-time substance abuse offender what you would consider "Packer people"???

Maybe TT should see if Onterrio "Whizzinator" Smith is available... :roll:

12. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    cuz he went to the pro bowl last year? cuz hes talented, at an area we need talent in?

im not for the move, ill tell you that, but....why bash a GM for looking at options?

13. hoos

hoos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll tell you why we bash the GM for looking for options, because all TT wants to look at is garbage heap and project players.

Now let me do your argument for you

<you>: TT is the GM and obviously knows more about the situation than I do.

Yes, this is true, TT is certainly more in the know. However, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Koren won't play this year, and we're wasting our time with this basket case. We need a WR that can dress for the entire year. Warrick or Calico would work.

14. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    agreed trom...and I'll admit, my morals are waning because I'm so concerned about the packers talent at WR right now...i value talent more than character at the moment

15. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    "Packer people"..haha..that's funny!

16. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Hmm. Did we atleast bring in Peter Warrick at all?

17. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I hope they try to get Warrick he seems to me solid for the packers

18. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought so too...

For a term that was bandied about during the FA when people were making excuses as to why TT passed on high-priced FAs, it seems to have been flushed down the proverbial toilet now that the deficiencies on this team are glaringly apparent.

For the love of god, we don't need Koren Robinson. We need a dependable WR that can suit up and play every week. Players facing year-long suspensions as three time offenders of the league substance-abuse policy should not even factor into the equation.

19. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    ok if he doesnt get suspended, would you want him then?

20. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    If he can stay out of any kind of trouble I'd say take him

21. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

What happened to "PACKER PEOPLE?"

22. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The only way I want to see Koren is here in the CFL, we welcome all abusers. LOL Time to kill this thread cause I don't even think he's worth the time to even think about him

23. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    C'mon man! He's cheap and we might get three weeks out of him!!! :roll:

24. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Four weeks if he doesnt like Old Milwaukie. If we sign him all of GB will suffer cause the liquor marts will be closed till the end of the season. I guess then we could make it work.

25. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed Pyle, but are bashing TT here, or do you really not want Koren Robinson?