Koren Robinson Suspended 1 year, Yes he is done this year.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Koren Robinson has been suspended without pay for a minimum of one year for violating the NFL Substance Abuse Policy.

Robinson is eligible to be reinstated no sooner than September 18, 2007.

Robinson previously was suspended for four games in 2004 when he was with the Seattle Seahawks for violating the Substance Abuse Policy.

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Koren Robinson was suspended without pay for a minimum of one year for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

The league's action came hours after Robinson pleaded not guilty to charges of drunken driving and fleeing police stemming from a high-speed chase in August.

Robinson was taken into custody earlier Oct. 17 because of a warrant in Blue Earth County for a previous traffic violation. He was released a short time later, after his attorney went to a bank to withdraw $1,000 to post bond.

The more serious charges came when Robinson was with the Minnesota Vikings. His car topped 100 mph as police chased him from St. Peter to the Vikings' training camp headquarters in Mankato on Aug. 15. Police say Robinson's blood-alcohol content was 0.11 percent, well above the legal limit of 0.08.

The Vikings cut Robinson, and he signed with the Packers in September.

This month, Robinson was sentenced to three months in jail for violating probation on a separate drunken-driving case in Kirkland, Wash., last year. He plans to serve the sentence after the season.

Robinson already had been suspended for four games for violating the league's substance abuse policy in 2004.

St. Peter is about 57 miles southwest of Minneapolis, and about 10 miles north of Mankato.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Koren Robinson Suspended 1 year, Yes he is done this yea

Well, it was nice to have him while he was here.

So...Krob out for year. Sounds like Fergie is also out for year.

A few weeks ago at the game I saw Antonio Freeman on the sidelines.....should we ask him to suit up? :wink:

Seriously, who do we have now? Driver and Jennings. Ruvell Martin as a third. Maybe we should start having David Martin line up as a wide out since that is what he was in college. Does anyone know who is available on the market?

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I hope he uses this year to get his life back on track.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Me too vikey...me too.

:He is a human and as a fellow human I would like to see him suceed...at life first!

That being said...can I assume that we will retain the rights to him throughout the suspension? If not, I hope he will remember who gave him a chance when it comes time for him to talk to teams again next year.

Is he allowed to practice? Or does he have to stay away from the facilities all together?

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Does anyone know who is available on the market?

Charles Rodgers
Corey Bradford
Tyrone Calico
Scottie Vines
Todd Pinkston

thats all i can think of

Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers WR Robert Ferguson (foot) has been diagnosed with a Lisfranc injury to his right foot and could miss the rest of the 2006 season.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That being said...can I assume that we will retain the rights to him throughout the suspension?

yes he was signed for 2 years and i heard that when he got suspended that year would be carried over so i dont know how many years will be on his deal next year but we still hold the rights to him

DeusNova

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It was a mistake signing him in the first place.

As far as a replacement, maybe Todd Pinkston would be acceptable.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It wasnt a mistake To sign Koren. We dont lose anything we dont have to pay him, he did a great job filling in and is way better then Ferguson, if he stays sober throughout this year does his time and is back next year i would welcome him back. He is 1000 times better then ferguson.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I dont think Al Davis will trade him this year and today is the deadline. Speaking of hits the packers are taking, we dont have a kick returner again!!! Field poisition is huge we really need someone to step up

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unlike the Wizzinator and Ricky Williams who are kicked out of(banned) the league and must apply for reinstatement (which was denied the Whizzinator),
all language in this case indicates suspension.

The final ajudication of the drunk driving-high speed flight in attempting to allude the police-endangering the public charges may change his status with the league.

He could be having drinks tonight.

Alcoholics have to hit bottom and want to recover. Sometimes they bounce a few times before recovering. For some death is not yet hitting the bottom. Many can offer a helping hand but Koren has to reach out for it and only he can want to recover and then make it happen. It is his battle that others can do little about.

He was struggling and voluntarily went for treatment again last June voluntarily. He may never play in the NFL again as few team s might take the risk on signing him. If he plays the cost of the risk will be reduced salary. He may make it in the Canadian league for a time but his leife after football is staring him in the face.

Members online

Latest posts