Koren Robinson and Will Blackmon returing kicks

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The main value Koren brought to the team last season was some stability on special teams, namely in kick returning duties. He wasn't outstanding, but was solid in the few games he played with us.

Now with the addition of a healthy Blackmon leading the way as both PR/KR, to have him team up with Koren on kick returns would be great in my book.

Now admittedly, we don't even know if Koren will play for this team again this year, but it's a nice tandem to think about. Even having Charles Woodson back up Blackmon on punts is a nice security blanket in case he'd go down to injury.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The main value Koren brought to the team last season was some stability on special teams, namely in kick returning duties. He wasn't outstanding, but was solid in the few games he played with us.

Now with the addition of a healthy Blackmon leading the way as both PR/KR, to have him team up with Koren on kick returns would be great in my book.

Now admittedly, we don't even know if Koren will play for this team again this year, but it's a nice tandem to think about. Even having Charles Woodson back up Blackmon on punts is a nice security blanket in case he'd go down to injury.

I'd love to see K-Rob back. Sounds great, the two of them returning.

K-Rob also brings a deep threat to the table. Another reason we need him back, especially if Clowney doesn't make the team.

Would be cool if either of them can break for one or two TDs. I'm tired of our STs sucking.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet we'll cut Ruvell Martin when K-Rob comes back.

I don't. How good is he going to be fresh out of jail? He'll need a long time before he's into football playing shape. I think the Packers are probably going to keep 6 receivers when Koren comes back and if the team is doing well they may not want him back.

Reaction score
At the start, I think it'll be Blackmon and Clowney.

I think Clowney might be in line to get cut to create a spot for K-Rob.

K-Rob gives you the consistency that Clowney has lacked, and also a deep threat that Clowney is supposed to be.

usmpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have thought the Pack has been deficient in the return game for years. The Saints cut one of the best, Michael Lewis, and I can't find that anyone has picked him up. If he is healthy, he's better than anyone the Packers have or have had for a number of years. Plus, he can help at WR, though Sean Payton apparently thought, not enough...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well if the running game doesn't pick up in the regular season we might have to go 5 wide and will need every receiver that we can find...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
At the start, I think it'll be Blackmon and Clowney.

I think Clowney might be in line to get cut to create a spot for K-Rob.

K-Rob gives you the consistency that Clowney has lacked, and also a deep threat that Clowney is supposed to be.

Clowney is awful. He shouldn't make the team because he's a bad return man and a bad receiver. :lol:

I'm serious. I was really off when I felt he was going to be able to contribute. I think Blackmon is back there and probably Morency when he gets healthy again. If not him then maybe James Jones.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
millertime said:

I don't. How good is he going to be fresh out of jail? He'll need a long time before he's into football playing shape. I think the Packers are probably going to keep 6 receivers when Koren comes back and if the team is doing well they may not want him back.
I agree. I don't think the Packers are counting on Koren to contribute much, as they shouldn't.

packerman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
millertime said:

I agree. I don't think the Packers are counting on Koren to contribute much, as they shouldn't.

Actually, K-Rob will be back, and is in excellent football shape. He has/is working out at API in Tempe, one of the best in the country and will be ready to walk right into the line-up when he comes back. Actually its scary bc he will be in the best shape since he has joined the NFL, just wait, its going to be a show. You cant deny that him and Brett had good chemistry when they were on the field together, he was Brett's choice over others, Brett kept going to him! I think the Packers will take him off KR as the year deepens bc he is going to be such a WR threat...Koren on his A game, Driver nor Jennings can hold a candle to him!!!!

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:
porky88 said:
millertime said:

Actually, K-Rob will be back, and is in excellent football shape. He has/is working out at API in Tempe, one of the best in the country and will be ready to walk right into the line-up when he comes back. Actually its scary bc he will be in the best shape since he has joined the NFL, just wait, its going to be a show. You cant deny that him and Brett had good chemistry when they were on the field together, he was Brett's choice over others, Brett kept going to him! I think the Packers will take him off KR as the year deepens bc he is going to be such a WR threat...Koren on his A game, Driver nor Jennings can hold a candle to him!!!!

I prefer not to get too enamoured with the prospect of Robinson for several reasons:
1. Being in great shape and being in football shape are 2 different animals;
2. We have no idea if the league will actually re-instate when he is eligible.

They need to plan as if he will not be part of the team this year, and anything he can contribute will be gravy.

Members online

Latest posts