1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Koren Next?

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by Zero2Cool, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2605039

This guy was serving a four game suspension, was caught drinking and driving and his suspension was extended to the entire year.

He was nailed Monday after the Steelers lost to the Bengals and is now suspended for the year.

Why has this not happened to Koren? Didn't Koren have a four game suspension already?

is it because koren hasn't had his court date yet? if thats the case, did Odell have his court date?

this is really confusing me

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Dont jynx Koren. He is looking good so far.

3. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    He's looking good, I am not jinxing him. Just merely not understanding.

What's the difference?

Odell already was serving a suspension and Koren wasn't?

4. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    For some reason I see the NFL allowing Koren Robinson to play this entire year and then suspending him all of next year. Then next year as the contract states, the year will not count towards the contract and he'll have a one year deal left.

That's just my guess right now. Even if he does get suspended he can appeal it and extend his playing time this year.

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    if thats what happens, this woulda been the best deal ever.

6. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    All this has been said numerous times. I know this. Thanks for restating it for those who have missed it.

My question is this.

Odell was caught drinking and driving, had his four game suspension turned into a season long suspension.

Koren served a four game suspension and is facing a season long suspension after he was caught drinking and driving.

Odell was caught monday, Koren was caught a month or so ago. Odell is already suspended for the entire season where Koren is not. Why?

7. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The only thing I can think of is maybe Odell decided not to fight it. Maybe they got him on film puking on the cops shoes, so he figured "what the hell, I ain't beating this rap".

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8