Koreen Robinson

Slade

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this guy has problems but since the Packers do not have a wealth of talent at this position, do you think we should try this guy out? I don't even know if he would be available to play, would the NFL suspend him because of his history of problems.

The latest problem appears to be drinking and driving and not having the sense to pull over for the police, that was stupid but at least he didn't shoot somebody or beat up his wife...

I just think because of our situation we could sign him for the minimum and see if he can learn from his mistakes an extra bonus is his ability to return kicks.

I hope I haven't duplicated anybodys thread on this.

What do you think?

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not big on Koren Robinson after his little situations he is a pretty good wide receiver with talent so if he didn't get into trouble I'd probaly like to have him

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it appears that Koren Robinson, like Lawrence Phillips & Maurice Clarett, is determined to ignore his god given talents and flush his life down the toilet. I'm guessing he may never play in the NFL again. Too bad, he could have been good.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm with lare...and just look at T.O....how many teams have taken a chance w/ him thinking they could change him? He's just not going to learn, and an average wr probably isn't worth the headache he'd inevitably cause.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with what was said above, and to add to that, Koren is probably going to be in jail before the season ends anywho and could possibly be suspended by the NFL for the year. No team is going to touch this year for sure.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no team will tkae a chance on him like the Cowboys took a chance one TO

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah as horrible of a person TO is, at least he isn't facing jail time and drinking after having severe alcohol problems and going through rehab.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KSTP.com reports Minnesota Vikings SS Dwight Smith was cited around 2:00 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 26, for indecent conduct. Minneapolis police say they found Smith unclothed in a stairwell in Downtown Minneapolis with a woman. The citation came hours after the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 25.

No more Character issues in Minny?? Ha Ha Ha Ya right they have had Character issues for ever and always will.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
KSTP.com reports Minnesota Vikings SS Dwight Smith was cited around 2:00 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 26, for indecent conduct. Minneapolis police say they found Smith unclothed in a stairwell in Downtown Minneapolis with a woman. The citation came hours after the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 25.

No more Character issues in Minny?? Ha Ha Ha Ya right they have had Character issues for ever and always will.

:doh: when will the Vikings learn to stay OUT of trouble :doh:

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the Koren situation - he will be suspended for at least a year. Why would anyone want to waste the roster spot on a suspended player?

He wore out his welcome in Seattle with his drunken, boorish behavior and was dumped. Minnesota took a chance on him and he very quickly reverted to his old ways and was once again dumped.

I don't see anyone taking a chance with this walking time bomb until at least a year of sobriety and an end to the jail time is going to face.

He violated probation and faces multiple charges in MN, including driving over 100 MPS, DUI, fleeing police officers, driving after revocation...

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers were reportedly interested in him last year when Walker went down due to his experience in the Holmgren system in Seattle. Minnesota jumped in and signed him away the next day to keep him out of GB.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:
The Packers were reportedly interested in him last year when Walker went down due to his experience in the Holmgren system in Seattle. Minnesota jumped in and signed him away the next day to keep him out of GB.

Of course now it looks like it was a GOOD thing. Of course, maybe if he would have been in GB maybe he wouldn't have done what he did.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
PackFanInSC said:

Of course now it looks like it was a GOOD thing. Of course, maybe if he would have been in GB maybe he wouldn't have done what he did.
You mean there are no places to get drunk in GB!! :lol:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no way Green Bay is going for him and no way they should. Don't get me wrong Robinson has talent but why hold a guy on your roster when he won't be eligable to play this year. His career is probably over.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before Koren Robinson signed with the Vikings, he was awfully close to becoming a Packer. I don't think being in GB would have saved him though....when you battle alcoholism, it's a serious uphill battle. I hope he gets it together and gives it another shot but it might be over for him.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slade said:
I know this guy has problems but since the Packers do not have a wealth of talent at this position, do you think we should try this guy out? I don't even know if he would be available to play, would the NFL suspend him because of his history of problems.

The latest problem appears to be drinking and driving and not having the sense to pull over for the police, that was stupid but at least he didn't shoot somebody or beat up his wife...

I just think because of our situation we could sign him for the minimum and see if he can learn from his mistakes an extra bonus is his ability to return kicks.

What do you think?

He'd make more plays than Gardiner

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh those crazy Vikings. I think the Packers are going about it right by sticking with guys like Driver and Jennings. Robinson was alright but even though he's talented he still drops to many balls nevermind the off field trouble. Well at least he should star in "The Longest Yard II"

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Koren Robinson is a ongoing disaster. Some guys NEVER get the message and he, apparently, is one of those. I hope the league and the courts throw the book at him. If he's hurt badly enough there's a slim chance that he'll see the light and be better off when he gets back into the league.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Slade said:

What do you think?

He'd make more plays than Gardiner

That'd be kind of hard when the NFL suspends him for a year.

Members online

No members online now.