Knowshon Moreno

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Hypothetical time. Let's say Raji, Orakpo, and the top 3 tackles are off the board at 9. Unlikely, I know, but possible. Would you be okay with Ted taking Knowshon? The more I think about it, the more I like it. We've all watched him at Georgia i'm sure and you can't deny the guy is as physically gifted as any running back on our roster at the moment. The thing I love about him though, and why I think he'd be an asset to us, is that he can make people miss. Ryan Grant can't. Brandon Jackson can, but not very well. I think Knowshon could be our Adrian Peterson, except less physical than AP, a guy that comes in and makes an instant impact and becomes a top back.

All that said, and as in love as I am with Knowshon, i'd rather have Raji, Orakpo, or one of the 3 tackles. But if none of them are there, and TT has no trades available to him, i'd be fine with taking Knowshon.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
During this entire offseason I thought BPA would suck. Brown, Orakpo or Raji for me. Or an OL. But come to think about it, Jenkins or Knowshown (NO BEANNIE, too slow) would be great picks. IF TT puts on the rest of the pieces for the season. It's just harder not picking a player of need. I wouldn't mind say English at OLB, Holliday at DE, Pickett at DT, Loadholt at OT and Moreno at RB, or Jenkins as our future corner. I rather have Orakpo, Raji or Brown, but if TT builds up the front 7, gets our OL ready, as long as the 9# is a pro bowler, or at least a great starter, I don't mind the position.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
As I understand it the Packers are deciding between Oher or Ty Jackson whom the staff loves. If Raji is on the board he's in the mix.

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
During this entire offseason I thought BPA would suck. Brown, Orakpo or Raji for me. Or an OL. But come to think about it, Jenkins or Knowshown (NO BEANNIE, too slow)

Beannie Wells is faster then Moreno.

Wells 40 at his pro day was 4.38
Moreno 40 at his pro day was 4.60

But anyway I wouldn't wanna take a RB cause I'm pretty confident in Bjax and RG. Hopefully next year MM will have more of a 2 back system instead of running RG the whole game because Bjax really looked good last year when he had the chance to play and I think we'll see a big improvement in Bjax this year.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care about 40 speed, I'm talking about game speed, change of direction. In the pads, Moreno is much more agile than Wells, and can also break tackles. IMO Wells would be good if we were at #18, #20. I, too, have faith in Grant and Jackson, but Moreno would be an upgrade undoubtely.

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I've seen Knowshon Moreno jump over people. Beanie would pull something trying to do that.

If Oher is the pick, there better be some sort of trade down, because I think 9 is a reach for him. I do think he'll take Jackson at 9. I was just throwing out a hypothetical. And who knows? Ted's surprised us before. Who had him taking Justin Harrell? Nobody. Who had him taking Jordy Nelson? Nobody. After seeing his drafts, i'd say anything is possible.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen Knowshon Moreno jump over people. Beanie would pull something trying to do that.
It's crazy! And it's not only in the goal line, where if he touches the ground the play is over, it's in the middle of the field, where if he's hit, the ball can pop out, yet it doens't. It's pretty wild to see those jumps!

barro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if you want Knowshon Moreno you can trade down and get him much later.

Dizzle498

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya, if you are going to go with a guy like Moreno, then you could trade down and maybe pick up a couple second's or a third and a second to move back. He will still be on the board later. I just don't think to many teams are all that thrilled about his speed. 4.6 40 yard dash is pretty slow in the NFL.

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had a dream last night that we drafted Knowshon, as BJ Raji, Tyson Jackson and Brian Orakpo were off the board at #9.

However, if all 3 were still on the board, I'd take Raji first, then Orakpo, then Jackson.

I don't think we need a new RB to be honest. I think if we work a 2 back system with Grant and B. Jackson, we could do very well on the ground.

pacman5252

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am more of a Beanie guy. He's a better athlete and a gamer. I see Wells' game translating a lot better than Moreno's

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I am more of a Beanie guy. He's a better athlete and a gamer. I see Wells' game translating a lot better than Moreno's
I realize it's all opinion, but I really really think Knowshon is at least twice the athlete Beanie is. Maybe three times.

Reaction score
yah beanie wells is kinda a much smaller stronger faster. brandon jacobs. for me to take beanie in the first round it would to be to take down close yards or split back i do not see him being a starter in the nfl he would have to increase his speed and elusivness pretty good

pacman5252

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yah beanie wells is kinda a much smaller stronger faster. brandon jacobs. for me to take beanie in the first round it would to be to take down close yards or split back i do not see him being a starter in the nfl he would have to increase his speed and elusivness pretty good

I realize it's all opinion, but I really really think Knowshon is at least twice the athlete Beanie is. Maybe three times.

Well, it is mostly preference. Do you want a power back or scat back? I just don't see Moreno's "wiggle" tranfering all that well. I like Wells' downhill style and he has more breakaway speed. I see Moreno like Carnell Williams and Wells more like Brown........

Members online

Latest posts