Know what REALLY is grinding my beans?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
People professing to being Packers fans but are hoping that #4 has a "good game". To my line of thinking, you can't be a Packers fan if you're hoping the Vikings QB slices and dices the defense of the Green Bay Packers. To me, THAT is pretzel logic at the apex...

Those folks are fans of #4, or

They're Thompson haters, or,

They're fans of offense only and therefore should be playing Fantasy Football only.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup..I have seen a few say..I wont be a Packers fan till Ted and Mm are gone..

Then they weren't really a Packer fan

Leroy Butler said it on Jim Rome show

Get off the fence either your a Packer fan or a Brett fan..

William Henderson said same thing on Jim Rome...He said until the season is voer he WILL not call or text Brett because he bleeds green and gold

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I agree with that statement but people have different concepts about fandom. Trying to convice otherwise is a silly act.
-
Personally, anyone that roots against the Packers, or for a divisional rival, if that doesn't help the packers, isn't a Packers fan. There are other ways of protest, but those who really are fans could never cheer against the team, or for the queens or the bears.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I agree. How can one man change your loyalty to your team? Its not like it was Al Harris or anything :p But in all seriousness, I agree. If you root for your team to lose, then you are one confused little boy. (Political Correct-er thingy: Boy/Girl)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
anyone that roots against the Packers, or for a divisional rival, if that doesn't help the packers, isn't a Packers fan. There are other ways of protest, but those who really are fans could never cheer against the team, or for the queens or the bears.

Very well put

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for 1 dislike TT ... Ive expressed that before ... but when brett plays agenst the packers he is a foe ... that being said i still remember number 4 in green and gold ... so i wont even wish Brett luck ,, i hope we stomp him in the turf <<< bottom line << LOL ..

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see about 2 picks by Woodson, one by Harris, maybe another one by Jolly. That should rattle those old bones and shut up the Queens.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup..I have seen a few say..I wont be a Packers fan till Ted and Mm are gone..

Then they weren't really a Packer fan

Leroy Butler said it on Jim Rome show

Get off the fence either your a Packer fan or a Brett fan..

William Henderson said same thing on Jim Rome...He said until the season is voer he WILL not call or text Brett because he bleeds green and gold

Is it that cut & dried? With us or against us? I believe so. I knew it would be this way once he signed with MN. The moment he takes the field & starts slinging passes at GB's D it will sink in... he's trying to beat GB!!!! Get him!!!!

Seriously, I've always been a fan of #4. I was buying into the excitement since '92 when they went 9-7. Even though they could have wrapped up a playoff spot by beating MN in the final game that season (lost 27-7) I was so proud to have a winning team in the NFL again.

Then in '93 he tossed a terrific pass down the middle against New Orleans to set up a GW FG by Jacke. I just knew the the Saints were going to win 'cause they'd stifled GB most of the game & were up 17-16 with a minute or two left when he hit Sharpe on a post route. I jumped straight out of my seat 3' or more cheering that pass. I was on board for sure after that.

I've got way too many fond memories of watching #4 quarterback the Packers to harbor too much animosity like some folks do. Until he takes the field tomorrow night & tries to beat the Packers!!!

I've read so much about his life & his bio is one for the movies. It's hard for me to comprehend how some have turned on him so quickly. I don't subscribe to the belief that he's desperate for attention & craves the spotlight. Players know how to get noticed (Owens, anyone?). #4 hangs out in rural MS during the off-season. Trust me, one can't get further away from the spotlight then that place.

Call me a #4 fan if you must but my loyalties will always lie with the Green & Gold. I will say one more thing, it's going to be an awfully weird feeling seeing him across the line of scrimmage from that Packers' D. How could this have happened? UGH!!

Go Pack GO!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If you want him to do good, that very well could mean the Vikings win..

How is that being a PACKER fan???

There is nothing wrong in watching him play and being amazed, I did it with Barry Sanders...... but I NEVER EVER said break off a long one Barry

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's going to be a sad day. Ok, it's already monday so it's going to be a sadder day. Maybe in some years some of us will hold no grudge against brent, mostly because he was/is the hero of many of us...I'm in that ship. But, for the sake of the Packers I say: Let's crush him! He was our hero, now is our foe. Once the game has ended, then we can talk.

Put Driver and Jennings on D#, that way we confuse him and he throws like 10 picks in a game.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
This has pretty much been beaten to death, but yeah, lots of Favre fans were wearing Green and Gold and now are wearing purple (which is the ugliest color for a football uniform imo).

Must be a sad when your a fan of a single player and then that player decides to retire for good. Can't say I've ever been a fan of a single GB packer player. It's always been the team for me.

Favre is a Viking, which means I hope we sack him 10 times and slap the Vikings around in their own dump of a stadium.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is why 60% of Packer fans are rooting against their team tonight...

(Taken from another site...and dead on balls accurate!)

Homer Fans and Media Softening the Blow

October 4th, 2009 Goto comments Leave a comment

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
As we move into game day for the highly anticipated match between The Green Bay Packers and The Minnesota Favres, the homer fans and media are already trying to soften the blow of a potential Packer loss in an attempt to deflect the blame that Ted Thompson’s regime will undoubtedly be facing as the man that Thompson attempted to force out of the NFL returns to have his say in the matter.
All of the staffers for PackersNews.com are picking the Vikings to soundly defeat the Pack 29-20, 27-20, 31-20, & 31-20 respectively and one can’t help to see this as an attempt to force the underdog role on the Packers to manage expectations following the outcome of the game. The plan is a simple one. Predict that the Packers will be outclassed by Favre and Company and you face a ‘can’t lose’ situation as a fan of the Packers. If they win, Ted Thompson is a genius who finally proved that Favre is washed up and shouldn’t be playing in the league while if they lose, its because Adrian Peterson is an unstoppable force and the Vikings are a superior team to our inexperienced yet promising young team.
False.
The truth of the matter is that a dam is about to explode tomorrow night for Ted Thompson and his local lovers in Wisconsin and it just may wash all of the homers out of town if things don’t work out for the Green and Gold. The Vikings SHOULD NOT be a better team than the Packers, period. They have been rebuilding for just as long as Uncle Ted has had control of his team and that fact that they are so far ahead of us is a tough pill for him and his supporters to swallow.
Haters will make this game about Favre, when its really all about Ted Thompson. Its about how his team is on the inevitable decline while his rival’s team is on the steady rise. Its about how the talent level of the supporting positions in Minnesota such as offensive & defensive lines are light years ahead of Green Bay’s. Its about two different ways to run a team, and one of those dramatically failing.
Its amazing the lengths these fans will go to protect Thompson who has clearly set this team back five years. Even the comments on my site:
What happens if the impossible happens and the packers win this week? Will this site explode?
So its impossible now, huh? I thought Favre was washed up and was going to run the Vikings into the ground? Wow, if the Packers win, I must really have to eat my crow, right? Wrong.
The Packers can win. In fact I think they have a better chance than most homer media and fans are giving them. Kinda ironic huh?

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How can somebody be a 'fan' of a team, if they're rooting for the opposing team, Jeff?

How can anyone be a fan of Ted Thompson when he's obviously failing with this team?

(LT..wrote a huge explanation of how Thompson is ego ridden, but it wouldn't post this AM. Will post later.)

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not really...I've been a Packer fan since 1967....(through all the lean years), and there are MANY of us out here who feel the same way about Mr 33-34, Ted Thompson...

-I killed Dan Devine's dog...

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
How can anyone be a fan of Ted Thompson when he's obviously failing with this team?

(LT..wrote a huge explanation of how Thompson is ego ridden, but it wouldn't post this AM. Will post later.)

Nobody I know has said they are TT fans. Namely one person, unlike Farve fans who's loyalty apparently changes to whichever team's uniform Farve is wearing at the time. I've heard and read people say they are fans of the Green and Gold, regardless of who is running things and refuse to abandon their team simply because of one player, one coach or one GM.

I respect true Packer fans. We might not like how the team is being run, but won't abandon the Packers because of it. That would be down right pathetic.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I agree with that statement but people have different concepts about fandom. Trying to convice otherwise is a silly act.
-
Personally, anyone that roots against the Packers, or for a divisional rival, if that doesn't help the packers, isn't a Packers fan. There are other ways of protest, but those who really are fans could never cheer against the team, or for the queens or the bears.

What if you happen to believe that the best thing for the team is for it to lose as many games as possible which would force a change?

What if your team wasn't going to make the playoffs and could move up in the draft by losing a few more games. Would you not be a fan if you wanted what would ultimatly be better for your team?

Before you can pull the fan card I think it might be fair to look at the reason and motives behind the madness

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if you happen to believe that the best thing for the team is for it to lose as many games as possible which would force a change?

What if your team wasn't going to make the playoffs and could move up in the draft by losing a few more games. Would you not be a fan if you wanted what would ultimatly be better for your team?

Before you can pull the fan card I think it might be fair to look at the reason and motives behind the madness

But then, how could we abandon the team in week 4? We're 2-1, facing the 3-0 queens and if we can pull a W here we're the top team on our division. 2-1 is anywhere near the Raiders/Rams/Browns/Titans/Buccs/Panthers. The best thing for the team, right now is...guess what...WIN!

:viksux:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Even if the Pack lose tonight, they are only sitting with 2 losses...with 12 more to play

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score

Wait. So he wasn't the GM when we went 13-3 and were a Brett Favre pick away from the Super Bowl? Well i'll be damned.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait. So he wasn't the GM when we went 13-3 and were a Brett Favre pick away from the Super Bowl? Well i'll be damned.

no he wasnt...That season doesnt count if you try to make a case for how bad Ted is...

Fact is that season was ALL Brett...Even tho 3 games in that season Brett only had one td and like 4 ints..

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, like Danielchile said, the last sentence doesn't apply in week 4. And I won't enter in the re-signing debate, which is clearly easier to re-sign players if you win more than you lose (FAs too, but we don't use FA, with rare exceptions).

And the first one is just irrational IMHO. Because like I've said early, there are other ways to protest and make changes. I get your point, but the ultimate goal is to win, no matter with whom.
-
And JeffQuery, 1967, really? This coming from a guy that hides whenever he can't answer a question and uses multiple "nicknames" in different sites?(yeah, you might want to change the way you write your posts). Sorry if I have my doubts about your age, but you really haven't done anything to prove me you have more than 15. Throwing away statements that you can easily find in the internet won't do it.

It's not a personal attack by any means, unless you get offended by being called 15, then it's just more of a self-esteem, security issue...

Members online

Latest posts