1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Kirk Ferentz

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by yooperfan, Jan 4, 2006.

1. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    All signs seem to be pointing to Kirk Ferentz to be the next HC of the Green Bay Packers. He does have NFL experience, but not much.
    He has been successful at Iowa, but is coming off a bad year.
    I'm not really into hiring a college coach with limited NFL experience.
    I lived through the Dan Devine years and it wasn't pretty.
    What is his expertise: offense? defense? I don't know.
    I do believe the Green Bay Packers need to keep Jim Bates, will he stay if Ferentz is hired?
    I have a bad feeling if Kirk is the choice.

2. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The thing that impresses me about Ferentz is that with marginal talent, this guy consistently puts winners on the field and players in the NFL. In other words, he appears to be excellent at developing players, which in the modern era of football with ever increasing roster turnover, is one of if not THE most critical element a HC can possess.

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What signs point to him being our next HC? Nothing aginst you, but I was just curious as to what the signs are. I agree with you that I still don't know his expertise, and Bates will be better.

4. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well that's interesting since i just heard him on the quad cities news last night saying he's not going anywhere. he said he's been approached a couple of times but is not interested in the NFL at this point.

5. ravage

ravage Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to agree. From everything I've read Detroit would be the most likely to go after him and get him. Due to the Fords having plenty of money to throw around. Also from everything I've read on who the Packers have on their list, Ferentz isn't one of them.

6. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been reading evrything I can, and listening to everything and everybody who has an opinion ( I'm retired so I have time) and what I'm gathering, is this guy is in the cross hairs.
    I don't know if Bates would be better, I don't know ehough about Ferentz but I do believe that it seems to be a better situation if the coach has a fairly extensive background in the NFL.

7. Pack14

Pack14 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    heard that Ferentz is interviewing for the Houston job this weekend.

8. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    With all due respect, I have heard nothing of the sort that Ferentz is leading the way in becoming the Packers next HC.

Many names have been brought up as interviews....Childress, Carthon, Grimm, etc. but anything I've heard concerning Ferentz has been speculation.