Kiper says Hawk

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mell Kiper says Packers will take AJ Hawk. With his track record that pretty well rules it out so who do you think we will really take.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Mell Kiper says Packers will take AJ Hawk. With his track record that pretty well rules it out so who do you think we will really take.

Mario Williams or Vince Young... I think They'd take Hawk though if he's on the board and Super Mario isn't.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When has Mel (I luv my hair) Kiper ever been "on the money"...?

I never take that guy's word for anything - he was so off base last year on Draft weekend - it's ludicrous.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Could someone help me? I can't find anything on ESPN in regards to his accuracy or picks that he's been right with.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate Kiper. Not because of his hair. Not because he's a blowhard who's almost never right. Not because he seriously damages the careers of excellent football players by talking bad about them or by ignoring them so he can spout off about Combine Workout wonders.

I hate him because he's got the dream job.

Can you imagine? Getting paid all that money? For the pleasure of touring the country, watching football, scouting and ranking draftees and having millions of fans wait breathlessly for your mock drafts?

Lucky *****!

(BTW - last year around this time he said that Aaron Rodgers would be the #1 pick in the draft.)

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 said:
I hate Kiper. Not because of his hair. Not because he's a blowhard who's almost never right. Not because he seriously damages the careers of excellent football players by talking bad about them or by ignoring them so he can spout off about Combine Workout wonders.

Can you imagine? Getting paid all that money? For the pleasure of touring the country, watching football, scouting and ranking draftees and having millions of fans wait breathlessly for your mock drafts?

Lucky *****!

(BTW - last year around this time he said that Aaron Rodgers would be the #1 pick in the draft.)

Kind of like the episode of Cheers when Norm got a job as a beer taster. I like Kiper because when he is called on the carpet by someone pissed off at his analasys, he tucks his tail between his legs and runs. I find him comical.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Since69 said:

Lucky *****!

Kind of like the episode of Cheers when Norm got a job as a beer taster. I like Kiper because when he is called on the carpet by someone pissed off at his analasys, he tucks his tail between his legs and runs. I find him comical.

Ditto, that one.... fer sure! He was lousy during last year's Draft.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ Hawk has scheduled pre-draft visits with The Jets, The Saints and The Titans, no word about a visit to Green Bay.

I have noticed a lot of the top 10 players scheduling visits to teams who might be interested in them, but I don't see any of them scheduling visits to Green Bay.

Hopefully the visits will be scheduled in the next week or so, or it could be TT doesn't want to tip his hand at all on what he is going to do.

Just my opinion, but I am thinking TT has some kind of trade in the works, moving down and getting more picks, again just my opinion.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
Just my opinion, but I am thinking TT has some kind of trade in the works, moving down and getting more picks, again just my opinion.

Agreed, I wish he'd keep the 5th pick and try to get more picks by trading Javon, along with trading down from our early picks in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. rounds

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kiper is a tool but A.J. Hawk would be a great pick.
If the Packers are rebuilding, and they really are, then a killer defensive player like that is a good way to start.
I have heard nothing but good things about him other than some saying that he is too short. (6' 1")
Hey, Mike Singletary was bearly six foot and he worked out pretty well.

Reaction score
Philtration said:
If the Packers are rebuilding, and they really are, then a killer defensive player like that is a good way to start.
I have heard nothing but good things about him other than some saying that he is too short. (6' 1")

The thing is that if we get Arrington (PLEASE GOD, PLEASE LET IT BE SO!), we have Barnett, Arrington, Taylor, Thomas, Poppinga, Manning at LB. Thats a great group right there, and it has depth. But where does Hawk fit into that? I wouldn't mind if Hawk was a back up for the first while (he shouldn't be, he has the skills to start right away) to get use to game speed. But the huge contract of a 5th pick doesn't justify using Hawk as a sub. That is where I see the problem.

Otherwise, I love Hawk. I would love it if we got him (and lost out on Arrington). This kid is a stud, humble, has heart, and a strong head. He can be a leader REALLY soon. I would still prefer Hawk over Williams, but thats just me. :)

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Philtration said:

The thing is that if we get Arrington (PLEASE GOD, PLEASE LET IT BE SO!), we have Barnett, Arrington, Taylor, Thomas, Poppinga, Manning at LB. Thats a great group right there, and it has depth. But where does Hawk fit into that? I wouldn't mind if Hawk was a back up for the first while (he shouldn't be, he has the skills to start right away) to get use to game speed. But the huge contract of a 5th pick doesn't justify using Hawk as a sub. That is where I see the problem.

Otherwise, I love Hawk. I would love it if we got him (and lost out on Arrington). This kid is a stud, humble, has heart, and a strong head. He can be a leader REALLY soon. I would still prefer Hawk over Williams, but thats just me. :)

Oh that would change things in a big way all right. They would not need Hawk if that happens. If that does come about, then Young would be a good move unless he is taken. There is always the chance that a deal could happen and there is no Bush, Ferguson, Young, or Leinart left at # 5.
In that case they have to "settle" for a 6'7" monster DE with speed (Williams) and that is not a bad thing at all.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:

Mike who? 8)

Relax...I'm kidding. I liked Singletary. Besides doesn't Zach Thomas thrive in this defense? He's listed at 5' 11", but if he's 5' 11" then Gary Colemen is a seven footer.

Members online

Latest posts