Kiffin says Moss will be part of team.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching ABC local news station - sports department says that Raiders head coach Kiffin announced that he is confident Moss will "be part of the team" this year. Sorry no link - WQOW TV Eau Claire, WI. Anyone else have a better quote or hear the same ?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard same thing Pack..It was on sports radio 1250 out of milwaukee..No interview from the coach, but same report

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats jsut more posturing by OAK....what are they gonna say? "yeah moss is a cancer we will move him for whatever we can get" just trying to make it seem like they are not in dissarray etc etc

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Raiders | Team may be interested in McCown
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 17:54:37 -0700

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports there are rumors that the Oakland Raiders are interested in acquiring Detroit Lions QB Josh McCown.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raiders | Kiffin believes Moss will remain with team
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 09:52:27 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star-Tribune, reports Oakland Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin believes WR Randy Moss will remain with the team for the 2007 season. Moss has been rumored to be heading to the Green Bay Packers. "I think he'll be on our team this year," Kiffin said of Moss. "I do."

http://www.kffl.com/team/28/nfl

Plus this nugget... talking about who they will draft and Russell and Johnson.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/03/27/raiders.draft/index.html

And this Kiffin was busy today.... LOL... this one on MOSS more so.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/03/27/raiders/index.html

Pack93z

Reaction score
My opinion still is that Moss will be dealt on draft day and the Raiders will either take Johnson with the 1st pick or try to trade down a slot or two and still target Johnson. Al will not pass on CJ, he covets speed, there is no way in my mind that he doesn't want Johnson.

They are trying to pick up extra picks yet by leaving the options open. IMO.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard the same report on "Moss Watch" on the news last night.
The old "Vote of confidence" from their coach, which of course means......................Moss is done in Oakland! :rotflmao:

Pack93z

Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
the same vote of confidence that McCarthy just put in Rodgers?

Ironic isn't it:) Whether a deal happens or not, I think it was ALOT closer than anyone is letting on.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw the same thing, but this could also be a smoke screen by the Raider organization. They need to try and show that Moss is still in their plans, so his trade value doesn't plummet. I still think that Moss is gonna be traded or released by the Raiders. If and when this happens I see the Packers adding Moss. we have a need for a playmaker at WR, Favre can handle Moss (both have a mutual respect), Moss can play the Vikings twice a year, and the Raiders wouldn't have to play Moss annually. Lastly, the Packers have the cap room, even with a restructured deal. PLus, Driver and Jennings have publicly stated they would love ot have Moss has a teammate

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmm just like the Packers said Javon Walker wasn't going anywhere last year about at this time. How'd that work out? Not saying Moss will be traded but Oakland is probably weighing their options out right now and anything can happen.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a draft day deal similar to what ultimately happened with Walker.

Having a new coach involved it would only make sense to wait and see what could be salvaged. There's no great advantage for Al to do anything at this point anyhow.

However....

...my understanding is Moss did a lot of talking and a lot of ******* the Raiders and with Al being the buisinessman he is will not show his cards until he has to......

....but, my guess is what he would really like to do is kick Moss' ***, however, Davis WILL do this in a way that gets him the most in return.

Even if it means having the HC come out and lie between his teeth.

No matter what he SAYS Al Davis is a very PROUD owner of the Raiders and there's only so much crap proud owners are going to let get slung and enough becomes enough.

That's when you see deals get done like Walker and probably even Brigg's as much as he has spewed off about the Bears.

I am going to say that nobody probably HATES Randy Moss more than Al Davis for both SHOOTING his mouth off and QUITTING on the team.

But your not going to hear about it until Mr. Moss has left the building.

For good.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posturing is always fun to watch.

Al Davis knows that GB is really the only viable choice right now and provides the best opportunity to get the most back for Moss.

He has been very careful to not say anything about Moss either way.

Now he is conveniently using the "he's staying with us" card and having the coach go on record and yada, yada, yada.

But my gut tells me Al would rather stick a fork in Moss' eye than keep him around.

I think this is some fine posturing on their part however.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see Moss getting traded for like a 2008 2nd rounder after the Draft. Though as the Draft draws closer the Raiders lose leverage on the Packers unless more teams start to call and ask about Moss which so far hasn't happen.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I've said before, I strongly doubt any trade for Moss would happen before the draft, it's more likely to happen after the draft if he isn't cut by then.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see Moss getting traded for like a 2008 2nd rounder after the Draft. Though as the Draft draws closer the Raiders lose leverage on the Packers unless more teams start to call and ask about Moss which so far hasn't happen.

The big difference in what Al faces and TT faced with Walker is that this draft is loaded with WR's and last year it wasn't.

If he waits too long and the few teams with interest hit up on a WR in the draft they like Oakland gets stuck.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't you think Lane Kiffen wants Steve Smith in round 2 if he gets a shot at him? He's got speed and he can stretch the field for Russell. Most importantly he knows the system.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't you think Lane Kiffen wants Steve Smith in round 2 if he gets a shot at him? He's got speed and he can stretch the field for Russell. Most importantly he knows the system.

It will be Steve Who? if they grab Culpepper and take Calvin. It would be a whole lot less risk.

I've seen a lot of Russell. I live in SEC territory. A year ago there was a good chance he wasn't going to START for LSU because he was very INCONSISTANT.

Now, he could end up being the best QB ever but I can tell you this. He aint no LOCK.

It's all about IF he want's to be as good as he can be. Once that first big check arrives that becomes an even bigger IF.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Steve Smith's timed speed is OK, however is playing speed is a little lower,

he's not especially quick off the line either, and with 4.44 timed speed, and a little lower playing speed, he doesn't have the speed to become a deep threat in the NFL, he also gained off having the defense focusing on Dwayne Jarrett .

I don't think he's going to be picked before the third round.

did you really watch this guy Porky, because your Steve Smith doesn't sound like the one I know.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

Steve Smith's timed speed is OK, however is playing speed is a little lower,

he's not quick off the line and doesn't have the speed to become a deep threat in the NFL, he also gained off having the defense focusing on Dwayne Jarrett .

I don't think he's going to be picked before the third round.

did you really watch this guy Porky, because your Steve Smith doesn't sound like the one I know.

4.43 40 yard dash is pretty fast, It‘s not slow. Then you factor in how productive he was with over 1,000 yards and 7 touchdowns last year. He has great quickness once he catches the ball. He always found a way to get open. He can run any route as well. He goes across the middle. He can run the vertical down the sideline/ He'll go somewhere between late 1st and late 2nd. He won't last until round 3.

Unless he flops today at the USC pro day.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He isn't explosive enough to stretch the field with fast players in the NFL, with 4.43 speed he's not going to outrun many CBs in the NFL.

He isn't slow, but he isn't very fast either, he's not a guy that's suited to stretch the field, he's more of a guy that can make something happen after the catch.

Also he isn't that strong, when he goes over the middle and is in a crowd he gets pushed around.

And his productiveness comes a lot from playing with Dwayne Jarrett, teams focused on Jarrett.

just like Keary Colbert playing with Mike Williams.

I think this is a deep WR draft and with probably 14 - 15 WRs ahead of Smith on the board, he's not going in the second.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts