1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Kids make me laugh..

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Pack93z, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I went to church Sat night... so yesterday morning I decided to start out the day with a little game of catch in the yard... I decided I would just sit on the deck without my "fake" leg and play with the kids.

We are playing for a while and neighborhood boy swings into the yard. Apparently this particular kid had never seen me without "the leg" on before and was taken aback by it... so after a few moments of building the nerve to ask... he blurts out "what happened"?

So a little back story on this, I used to as a joke tell my kids that I got pushed overboard and a shark got me, don't know how that got started but anyway it has been a running story ever since.. So I popped this on this kid... eyes got really big then his face took on an intense look and he jumped on his bike and firmly said...

"I am going home and telling my Dad... we are going to go fishing a get your leg back"... and off he went in a blaze...

Now I should have made more of an attempt to stop him... but I can't wait to run into his dad, which I went to school with, to hear this kid’s version of the story he told...

The simple things in life, I find humorous I guess.

2. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The world would be a much better place if we had more adults like that...

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh man.........thats a GREAT story!!!! :lol:
    I'd LOVE to see the look on the parent's face when he hears what you told his kid!!!!
    Now..........if i was the kid's Dad, i would go to a store and borrow a leg from a manikin (sp) and have my son bring it over to you!!!
    (Thats the kind of a smart @$$ I am!!!) :lol: