Kickers

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I got a hunch this is the year that Mason gets some competition drafted. They can take another swing next year then if needed. Is there anyone worth a 6/7?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think we'll get more bang for the buck using picks on DL, OL, WR and/or LB's in the late rounds than a kicker. A couple who may get drafted, Borregales from Miami (decent leg, pretty accurate) and Kessman (Pitt) (big leg, not quite as accurate). I think others are probably FA's.

D

Deleted member 6794

I got a hunch this is the year that Mason gets some competition drafted. They can take another swing next year then if needed. Is there anyone worth a 6/7?

I don't think the Packers should use a draft pick to bring in competition for Crosby. An undrafted free agent, sure.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
They can find a better kicker than Crosby somewhere working on a used car lot and pay him league minimum. :rolleyes:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can find a better kicker than Crosby somewhere working on a used car lot and pay him league minimum. :rolleyes:
I'd do it. I'd be like a 2fer. I can long snap and did for punts, but I was the best kicker we had, so someone else did for extra points so I could kick. I'd play for the minimum.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd do it. I'd be like a 2fer. I can long snap and did for punts, but I was the best kicker we had, so someone else did for extra points so I could kick. I'd play for the minimum.
Problem solved, cap savings to boot. Let’s go get us a 3 million dollar free agent CB to be the sacrificial lamb next year. Whoever takes that position is going to be targeted early and often. I’d rather it be a veteran than some poor sap rookie.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if it's any consolation, Rob Davis even complimented by snapping ability just a couple years ago, though I have to say, anything past 35 yards was probably a 70-30 proposition and on the bad side and that was 25+ years ago LOL and off those little rubber blocks they let you use in high school.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
if it's any consolation, Rob Davis even complimented by snapping ability just a couple years ago, though I have to say, anything past 35 yards was probably a 70-30 proposition and on the bad side and that was 25+ years ago LOL and off those little rubber blocks they let you use in high school.
Lol, I was old school straight on. The Gogolak’s were still freakish. I hit the cross bar once from 50. You were definitely better than me it sounds like.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha, I was the best in a school where nobody could kick LOL. I think I'd tear a hammy just visualizing a FG these days.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers should use a draft pick to bring in competition for Crosby. An undrafted free agent, sure.

I think the Packers should give Mason Crosby more money and a longer contract :D:D:D:D. Sorry Captain, I couldn't resist.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think the Packers should give Mason Crosby more money and a longer contract :D:D:D:D. Sorry Captain, I couldn't resist.

That might be difficult to achieve considering the cap situation the Packers are currently in ;)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not a fan of drafting a kicker unless you have no kicker. Until then, its UDFA or FA competition for me.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Anyone else see this? Wish I could find a video. This isn't just a penalty in my mind, it is intentional cheating and right up their with deflategate. I'm kind of shocked that they aren't talking about doing more than "we will be watching for it now".

From one article:

"There have been multiple times this season where after a kick was taken the holder quickly scoops up something that was on the ground. The FootballZebras report gives examples of the Eagles, Lions, and Commanders employing the use of a small, white, foreign object this season."

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see it, but if they're putting anything down and not kicking off grass I'd have an immediate suspension for every kicker/holder combo they have video evidence of doing that in a game at a minimum and discuss further team punishment depending on what exactly was happening.

We could kick off a flat tee in high school and there was a small one and a thicker one. Kicking off grass was more difficult than the one that was about 1/2" thick that's for sure. consistency was affected and distance at least 5-10 yards added. The thick one was about an inch or maybe slightly more. Never used that because I thought it was cheating too much LOL. Now those you could never hide on the field, it was a big chunk of rubber

That was just what the full time fullback and middle linebacker noticed who happened to be the FG and PAT kicker. I imagine the benefits to a full time professional would be much more. I don't care if they're setting it on a quarter, immediate suspension.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it totally beyond belief that NFL on field officials can't see a hard surface being set for ball placement on kicks. They're either blind, or turning a blind eye to it, intentionally.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I find it totally beyond belief that NFL on field officials can't see a hard surface being set for ball placement on kicks. They're either blind, or turning a blind eye to it, intentionally.
Agreed. Really want to see the video footage, but have yet to find any. This is like finding out that pitchers are greasing up the ball in the majors. Can't understand why it just got a response of "we will be on the lookout for it now."

Members online

Latest posts