Kickers

Poppa San

Levelheaded
Staff member
Reaction score
I got a hunch this is the year that Mason gets some competition drafted. They can take another swing next year then if needed. Is there anyone worth a 6/7?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think we'll get more bang for the buck using picks on DL, OL, WR and/or LB's in the late rounds than a kicker. A couple who may get drafted, Borregales from Miami (decent leg, pretty accurate) and Kessman (Pitt) (big leg, not quite as accurate). I think others are probably FA's.

captainWIMM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got a hunch this is the year that Mason gets some competition drafted. They can take another swing next year then if needed. Is there anyone worth a 6/7?

I don't think the Packers should use a draft pick to bring in competition for Crosby. An undrafted free agent, sure.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
They can find a better kicker than Crosby somewhere working on a used car lot and pay him league minimum. :rolleyes:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can find a better kicker than Crosby somewhere working on a used car lot and pay him league minimum. :rolleyes:
I'd do it. I'd be like a 2fer. I can long snap and did for punts, but I was the best kicker we had, so someone else did for extra points so I could kick. I'd play for the minimum.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd do it. I'd be like a 2fer. I can long snap and did for punts, but I was the best kicker we had, so someone else did for extra points so I could kick. I'd play for the minimum.
Problem solved, cap savings to boot. Let’s go get us a 3 million dollar free agent CB to be the sacrificial lamb next year. Whoever takes that position is going to be targeted early and often. I’d rather it be a veteran than some poor sap rookie.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if it's any consolation, Rob Davis even complimented by snapping ability just a couple years ago, though I have to say, anything past 35 yards was probably a 70-30 proposition and on the bad side and that was 25+ years ago LOL and off those little rubber blocks they let you use in high school.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
if it's any consolation, Rob Davis even complimented by snapping ability just a couple years ago, though I have to say, anything past 35 yards was probably a 70-30 proposition and on the bad side and that was 25+ years ago LOL and off those little rubber blocks they let you use in high school.
Lol, I was old school straight on. The Gogolak’s were still freakish. I hit the cross bar once from 50. You were definitely better than me it sounds like.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha, I was the best in a school where nobody could kick LOL. I think I'd tear a hammy just visualizing a FG these days.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers should use a draft pick to bring in competition for Crosby. An undrafted free agent, sure.

I think the Packers should give Mason Crosby more money and a longer contract :D:D:D:D. Sorry Captain, I couldn't resist.

captainWIMM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers should give Mason Crosby more money and a longer contract :D:D:D:D. Sorry Captain, I couldn't resist.

That might be difficult to achieve considering the cap situation the Packers are currently in ;)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not a fan of drafting a kicker unless you have no kicker. Until then, its UDFA or FA competition for me.