Kick it like Edinger?

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers | Team works out Edinger
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 22:26:46 -0700

Bob McGinn and Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, report the Green Bay Packers worked out free agent PK Paul Edinger (Vikings) Wednesday morning Aug. 2. He made 12 of 14 field-goal attempts, and one of the misses was attributed to an inferior hold. He also kicked off well.

source

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like edinger (my past posts repeat that). I thought he woulda been better than Cundiff, but I wont judge all that till they start playing and winning\losing games for us. Do we really need Cundiff AND Edinger?

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As the Packers have been saying from the beginning the Packer's Field goal kicking position is wide open. The Packers Bring in a lot of players in here for try outs. Ediger is veteran kicker, thus the Packers probably want ed to take a look at him. This doesn't mean the Packers will sign Ediger.

If they do sign him, this will add to the competition between the Field goal kickers in camp.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I'm all for competition, but... Edinger? The only time that guy was consistent was against the Packers.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
As the Packers have been saying from the beginning the Packer's Field goal kicking position is wide open. The Packers Bring in a lot of players in here for try outs. Ediger is veteran kicker, thus the Packers probably want ed to take a look at him. This doesn't mean the Packers will sign Ediger.

If they do sign him, this will add to the competition between the Field goal kickers in camp.

You're right. At this stage of the game, you bring in any live body who looks like they can kick. Remember, Longwell was a free agent the year they drafted Conway. It is possible to develop a kicker that is unheard of.

IndiPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rayner and Cundiff both did well Wednesday. They were kicking with the wind but made all the attempts. Now if either or both can just continue...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see them bring him in. It's more competition and he's proven to be pretty good in bad weather. At least he's played in it unlike Cundiff.

Though working him out does say that GB might not be happy with Cundiff.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care how good Edinger kicks, with that gay-looking (not that there's anything wrong with that) starting stance of his I could not stand watching him kick for GB every week. Let him kick elsewhere, he looked appropriate kicking for the Bears and the Vikings, not for the Green & Gold.

DaBearsrule4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edinger was a very good place kicker for the Bears from 2000- 2004, well through half of 2004 when he really started going down hill by missing easy kicks and missing kicks he would have made earlier in his career.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really wouldn't mind seeing what Cundiff can do for our team. Cowboys would be my second favorite team after the pack, I watched a lot of there late games after early packer games. When Cundiff played he didnt seem like he did too good....didnt seem like he did to good either though. I'm willing to see what would happen if we just kept him.

Members online

Latest posts