KGB

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how 'bout we make him a punt returner or a bench warmer...he'd be about as productive at that as he is now at DE

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He does good but teams dont run to the left enough so Kampman is reeling in more tackles, if they were switched we'd see the difference.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well like him or not he finished ranked 47th in 2003, 43rd in 2004 and 40th in 2005 among NFL DEs and he's still the best pass rusher we have. While he may not be what we'd like him to be, he certainly has been productive and is more than serviciable. Personally, I think he's a hell of a player and more than any of us thought he'd be as a 5th rd draft pick. He hustles, is of high charactor and makes plays all over the field; I don't know what else some of you expect. Did you expect him to turn down the extra money Sherman offered him??

Funny thing is, whenever I/someone mentions possibly trading him and letting one of TT's rookies take over, everyone throws a hissy over that as well. So once again, so many GB can't seem to make up their minds. If we're rebuilding as many of you suggest, why not trade him iand his contract??

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alot of good points..........he IS a good pass rusher WHEN he goes up against a guy that he can beat with his speed. Now, with the new linebackers, maybe this will also help him. The Pack seems to have alot of speed with Hawk and Hodge, (and of course Barnett) and Poppinga could add to this. He's got his motor running all the time.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
like cheesy said, he's a one trick pony and might as well not be on the field unless he's facing someone who's too slow to catch a parked bus. KGB will have 3-4 games where he racks up all of his stats, but is then seemingly absent the rest of the season.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB should be a third down situational pass rusher, not an ever down player.

I'd like to see Montgomery start in front of KGB on first and second down.

Anybody hear anything about kenny peterson's pre-season camp? Is peterson still a member of the Packers?

DE is a weakness on GB. Kampman is decent, but KGB is an one-dimensional player. he is a speed rushing end,who gets lOW AND COMES OFF THE END QUICKLY. but if he can't beat a tackle w/his first move he is going to be blocked.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
cyoung said:
He does good but teams dont run to the left enough so Kampman is reeling in more tackles, if they were switched we'd see the difference.

huh??

ok I said normally they'll run back near Kampman than to KGB

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams don't run to 1 side more than the other. Kampman just happens to be a fantastic run-stopping DE.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
Teams don't run to 1 side more than the other. Kampman just happens to be a fantastic run-stopping DE.

umm, what side did seattle's shaun alexander run on and score most of his TD's on and why??

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that NFL coaches are so dumb as to run at Kampman significantly more than KGB.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
I seriously doubt that NFL coaches are so dumb as to run at Kampman significantly more than KGB.

ROFLMAO,are you slow? do you even watch games? can i play poker w/you?

We are saying teams run at KGB NOT KAMPMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Latest posts