KGB

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is he will be limited in reps this week with LT back there. He leaves such a gaping hole off tackle with the way he drives straight upfield he is a liability in the run game.

McNabb found that hole a couple of weeks ago and I was like, MAN, that whole side is open. Westbrook broke for some yards there as well. Fortunately Rivers is not McNabb but if they have KGB in there you can bet LT will be getting a delayed handoff and going right there.

LT on the outside with nobody near him is a scary thought. Very scary.

Please, just leave Jenkins over there, and let's shut LT down. Not trying to gig KGB but I just don't think he's a good fit in this game. Unless it's 3rd and 25 or something.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AHHHHHH ummmm KGB is already limited in reps and pretty much only plays passing downs anyways because the coachs know he is a liability in the running game and Jenkins is better all around.

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But he does see the field on many of the 3rd and 5's or 6's and that's where LT could burn us. I just hope we see Jenkins in those situations more than KGB this week.

I like Jenkins on the outside on pass plays anyhow. He's got some great moves over there.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But he does see the field on many of the 3rd and 5's or 6's and that's where LT could burn us. I just hope we see Jenkins in those situations more than KGB this week.

I like Jenkins on the outside on pass plays anyhow. He's got some great moves over there.

well on 3rd and 5's and 6's most of the time you will probably see a pass . Anyways the coachs will plan to try and stop LT and Gates at all costs you know thats there focus going into this game. Along with keeping Brett on his feet and Merriman no where near him.

The only reason that KGB sees the field is to help give Jenkins a breather and when he comes in most of the time passing downs, he will be fresh and should have an advantage over the LT that has already had the trouble of trying to stop Jenkins.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score

On passing downs both Jenkins and KGB are in. They go with a line of KGB, Jenks, Williams, and Kampy.

As far as I know, they aren't even using KGB in anything other than a pass rushing role.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen the same thing happen to Jenkins, getting caught behind the line of scrimmage on a surprise handoff. I've seen it happen to other players at that position as well. Next time it happens, let's hope A.J. Hawk is there to clean up the mess. I do understand your concern, but I think we'll see KGB playing the same role as usual on Sunday.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if I ever seen this happen..But have the Packers ever try to get him to drop back in coverage off the line?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if I ever seen this happen..But have the Packers ever try to get him to drop back in coverage off the line?

They briefly experimented with that idea in practices during training camp about 3-4 years ago, but decided it just wasn't going to work. Apparently he wasn't so great at moving laterally.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
millertime said:
I like KGB in his current role.

I do too. Glad we kept him.
There were folks who were calling for us to trade him and I was thinking "Noooooo!"

I was calling for it.

Because he was useless(the way he was being used).

Now, he actually contributes due to good coaching.

Still a 'contract way too big' guy though. They better fix that crap.

Members online

Latest posts