KGB Has Knee Worked On

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure glad we drafted another DE. I was actually hoping we'd get 2 DL. I hated losing C Williams.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why players wait? If it's been "bothering him all offseason", why wait until the end of May to have surgery?

Is it just the hope that it will heal itself? How often does that happen?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand why players wait? If it's been "bothering him all offseason", why wait until the end of May to have surgery?

I thought the same thing...Unless with his strong religious beliefs he wanted to wait?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This doesn't bother me one bit.

Jenkins, Pickett, Kampman, Jolly, Montgomery, Harrell, Muir, Cole

We have pretty good depth at D-Line. Ted\Mike have made sure of that the last couple years. Even if he ISN'T ready by training camp, he will be back by the time the season starts, and since he's a veteran and a situational pass rusher, it's not like he needs to learn an entirely new playbook or anything.

Not worried. More reps for his future replacement, Jeremy Thompson?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I trust that KGB and the Packer medical staff know more about the situation than any of us do. Surgery does have risks, and sometimes those risks outweigh the risk of waiting for an injury to heal on its own. The decision to have surgery, even minor surgery, is not something that's taken lightly.

As others have said, the fact that KGB is a veteran and a situational pass rusher means that getting reps in minicamp is not particularly important for him. This is another indication that he is not young anymore, though. If he loses just a little bit of his explosiveness, he will become just another player.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 beat me to it. I've never been able to understand putting off surgery, major or minor. Sure, he's been around for a long time and won't have much to learn, but he'll have to get back into playing shape before he'll contribute much. More time wasted, IMO.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Since69 beat me to it. I've never been able to understand putting off surgery, major or minor. Sure, he's been around for a long time and won't have much to learn, but he'll have to get back into playing shape before he'll contribute much. More time wasted, IMO.

After the season.. you are sore all over, probably one which where they aren't sure wether it is just a pain or something wrong.. then along comes the OTA's, Minicamp and such.. things act up again.. thus in this case they decide to take action to try an repair the aligment..

Unless there is something torn, large buildup on the joint or such.. time is the usual remedy.. sometimes it works.. sometimes not.. just my 2 cents.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats something that has ALWAYS frustrated me. They always seem to wait, then they are never ready when camp comes. Favre with his ankle bugged me. They put off the surgery on that too. I kept wondering WHY not get it done right after the season ends? Why wait several months, when you know it will take time to recover and regain the strength?

KGB knew his knee was bothering him last season, why did it take till now to DO something about it? It doesn't make sense to me.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
Thats something that has ALWAYS frustrated me. They always seem to wait, then they are never ready when camp comes. Favre with his ankle bugged me. They put off the surgery on that too. I kept wondering WHY not get it done right after the season ends? Why wait several months, when you know it will take time to recover and regain the strength?

KGB knew his knee was bothering him last season, why did it take till now to DO something about it? It doesn't make sense to me.

Because they want to be able to enjoy their time off. They want to be able to walk when they go to Disneyland with their kids, or be able to walk on the beach with one of their 7 mistresses.

When they do it NOW, it's on the team's dime, and on the team's time.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
retiredgrampa said:

Because they want to be able to enjoy their time off. They want to be able to walk when they go to Disneyland with their kids, or be able to walk on the beach with one of their 7 mistresses.

When they do it NOW, it's on the team's dime, and on the team's time.
I guess so...........if they are with mistresses though, should they care if they are on their backs or not? :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts