Keys

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey all been awhile since i have posted but I am always reading when I can.

This game has scary written all over it with LT and company coming to Title town to get a glimpse of the Hardware that is stored there. The Chargers will be a pissed off team. Whether pissed off and in dissarray or with a single attitude. The Packers have to come and smack them in the mouth. San Diego was the bully of last year and well not many stood and went toe to toe with them. I think however this year that it is vital the Pack come out and lay the wood on em early and often. Like most bullies hit em hard in the nose and they fold.

Keys to the Game
Defense
1 Linebackers
LT will get his touches Look for Barnett to be used much like he was in the Philly game. He will be LT's shadow.
Popinga and Aj will have to deal with AG who is a wicked good TE much better than Shockey.

D-Line. With a young Phillip rivers the pressures created must be consistant when he does pass. The also have to stay disiplined because of LT Biggest struggle will be over pursuit to control the cutback. LT in the Open is bad news. Also they must watch the halfback pass which will come 1 to 2 times.

Secondary.
I thought last week was a subpar week for the CB's Safeties did ok. Woodson has got to get some good shoes on and quit falling down. I expect a big week from them as San diego does not have a great WRcorps which will allow more man with the safeties being able to roam around a big. Look for big hits in this one.

Offense
QB_Brett is Brett and does his thing. If he continues to manage the game it will be another solid week. But he better be prepared to run the 4-3 causes havoc on lines and San Diego was built to deal with Denver the primeir Zone Blocking offense.

O-Line
Man they have been a herky Jerky bunch these two games. I attribute that to them getting thier sea legs on them. They will need to be on their toes. Outside pressure from the Bolts in week one almost got Rex Killed. So look for a couple quick strikes on slants and such which can pry the D off them. Run Blocking has got to get better.

RB's
B-Jack will become a good RB but needs a offseason to add bulk. His vision has also got to get better. His cuts are to tenative to be effective. Morency looks to b Back and Wynn looks like a good option. Was also great to see the FB back in the fold with Hall. This is vital for the Pack to get this phase up and running.

WR's

San Diego greatest weakness is their CB's DD GJ and JJ must get separation and I think they will. Will Brett have the time to get it to them that is the question. They also must be prepared for the big hits that will be dealt out in the middle.

TE
What can be said other than look for their production to be down if the O-line cannot deal with the Bolts fronts.

ST's
The largest bright spot on this years rendition of the Pack. Three turnovers on special teams have been the differance on breaking the backs of the Packs lasat two opponents. Look for more great Plays.

I wont predict the score but it is winnable in every sense of the game for the Pack. Recent history against what the Charger's bring to the table has given the Pack fits. This is the measuring stick for the 2007 campaign. Win and the have the drivers seat going into October.

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think u missing the key part and that is That barnett needs to keep control of lt like he did with westbrook if he can do that then i can see us easy beating the chargers

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think u missing the key part and that is That barnett needs to keep control of lt like he did with westbrook if he can do that then i can see us easy beating the chargers

you mean like i did in the opening about the lb's?
"LT will get his touches Look for Barnett to be used much like he was in the Philly game. "

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Mortfini said:

you mean like i did in the opening about the lb's?
"LT will get his touches Look for Barnett to be used much like he was in the Philly game. "

lol

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Trom working too hard these days. 2 kids a wife and a mini-van but hey she allows me to watch the games at least.

Anyone else have anythoughts on my keys or more they would like to add?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just kinda scared of any Bigby\Gates man-to-man matchups.

I hope they gameplan so that doesn't happen.

Bigby is 5-11, and Gates is much bigger, and can jump, and is just very good, and COULD really abuse a young player like Bigby.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look for some big hits while bigby is smaller he does hit. May we will see Rouse out there if healthy a couple times. But you are right

Lets hope the monkey style beats the tiger.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the key is stopping LT and finding some cracks in their "D" to score enough points to win which looks possible in their secondary.

Last week LT became a non factor and even though Rivers found Gates often the TE is very seldom going to win a game on his own. Their wide outs don't strike fear in most hearts so stopping LT really makes them one dimensional leaving little more than Gates.

If Brett stays hot and can outsmart the "D" with calls at the line that turn into positive yards we have a good chance.

BIGGEST KEY: Our run defense. It has to be stellar and better than it's been so far. I have seen lanes that haven't hurt us that much yet but LT will for sure if they are there.

I don't know what the under is in this game but if it's more than about 24 (which I'm sure it is) it's probably too high. I don't see many points on the board, that's for sure.