Kevin King

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is it with this damn guy smh. I’ve had it, now I’m 100% off his bandwagon and I’m done supporting the guy. I guess I shouldn’t be shocked seeing how when he was drafted he had durability issues....that has followed him right into the NFL since he’s been drafted. I’ll be completely rooting for Josh Jackson to ball out and take this guy’s job full time while he’s out so I don’t have to hear about him. I can’t believe we didn’t take JJ freakin Watt over this dude

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
He's getting hurt on purpose! Because he's a bad person!! Don't root for him!!! I NEED MY DIAPER CHANGED!!!!!!

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too, cannot believe we didn't take JJ Watt over Kevin King. Absolutely ridiculous.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is it with this damn guy smh. I’ve had it, now I’m 100% of his bandwagon and I’m done supporting the guy. I guess I shouldn’t be shocked seeing how when he was drafted he had durability issues....that has followed him right into the NFL since he’s been drafted. I’ll be completely rooting for Josh Jackson to ball out and take this guy’s job full time while he’s out so I don’t have to hear about him. I can’t believe we didn’t take JJ freakin Watt over this dude

Preach brother.

We traded back with King, Watt and Cook on the board with the safe assumption that at least one would be available when our pick came up.... Watt was gone before the pick came up though. Complain about King over Cook but not so much Watt cause he wasnt there

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
We traded back with King, Watt and Cook on the board with the safe assumption that at least one would be available when our pick came up.... Watt was gone before the pick came up though. Complain about King over Cook but not so much Watt cause he wasnt there

TJ was there. JJ was not. That was the joke.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This dude seems to have the worst luck ever. The Packers are going to Dallas for a big game and it looks like he is out. They are coming off a terrible defensive effort against Philly and are starting a run of tough games. My only opinion is this about King and really the rest of the questionable players. If you are sitting out in hopes of being ready for the playoffs, they probably won't be there when the time comes. Suck it up!

H

HardRightEdge

I’ll be completely rooting for Josh Jackson to ball out and take this guy’s job full time while he’s out so I don’t have to hear about him. I can’t believe we didn’t take JJ freakin Watt over this dude.
So far he's not been able to beat out Brown on the perimeter or Williams in nickel. The light isn't going on.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far he's not been able to beat out Brown on the perimeter or Williams in nickel. The light isn't going on.

Understand that but I’m still rooting for him. Hell! I’m rooting for ANY #2 corner to emerge not named Kevin King. How The hell does 35 yr old Tramon Williams always seem to be healthy and a 25 yr old Kevin King is only good for 6-7 games a year smh. I’m done with this guy. They need to send his fragile *** to Miami or somewhere else for some WR help. I was just telling a co worker of mines that he’s due for an injury and sure enough he's right on schedule. What a wasted pick!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I wouldn’t doubt you probably need your diaper changed you old geezer

Would rather be thought of as an old geezer than some pissy little kid who decides not to "support" players because they get hurt... whatever that means. I'm sure Kevin is just beside himself not to have the support of some hyperventilating toddler.

Reaction score
Actually King has been playing pretty well. There’s a good chance he’ll be back soon. He’ll probably miss 2 weeks. That’s not enough to get too worked up about.

H

HardRightEdge

Understand that but I’m still rooting for him.
Of course we'd like to see Jackson's light go on. Or Burks for that matter. Or fill in the blank. Wishing does not make it so.

He's getting some snaps. 15 in week 3, 10 in week 4. Brown had 1 and 0 in those games so maybe Jackson's moved up on the depth chart. In any event, Brown has been designated "out" for this week, King "doubtful". It would seem he'd be "next man up" on the perimeter at least in nickel.

The less he screws up the more snaps he'll get going forward when he gets on the field. The light isn't necessarily an off/on switch. It can be a series of incremental improvements, fewer mistakes.

That's about the size of it. Nearly a year and half in, it's "show me" time. Or I should say, "show them" time to get on the field and stay there. That might be this week if King can't go which is looking to be the case. Then it's see what Jackson does and take it from there.

If they run Sullivan or Holman out there instead, then there's a whole other question to be taken up.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

Actually King has been playing pretty well. There’s a good chance he’ll be back soon. He’ll probably miss 2 weeks. That’s not enough to get too worked up about.
King is inconsistent in that he's suseptible to the deep ball. My eye test says he can be beaten with a double move or stop-and-go because he has too often.

pro-football-reference has introduced some advanced stats. See "Advanced Defense and Fumbles" in the following link:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KingKe01.htm

This season, they have him down for a 44% completion rate (8 of 18) and a 77.2 passer-rating-against which are pretty good numbers. But note the average completion against him has gone for over 20 yards. He's giving up some big plays.

PFF has him down for 10 of 20, allocating two completions to King that p-f-r must have given to somebody else. Assigning responsibility in zone coverage can be a tricky business at times, I suppose.

He does look better than last year, all-in-all. I haven't seen him lost in zone coverage except once, a pretty common occurance last season.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

My only opinion is this about King and really the rest of the questionable players. If you are sitting out in hopes of being ready for the playoffs, they probably won't be there when the time comes. Suck it up!

The Packers are definitely not resting any player for the playoffs in week 5 of the regular season. King just isn't healthy enough to play on Sunday.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is it with this damn guy smh. I’ve had it, now I’m 100% off his bandwagon and I’m done supporting the guy. I guess I shouldn’t be shocked seeing how when he was drafted he had durability issues....that has followed him right into the NFL since he’s been drafted. I’ll be completely rooting for Josh Jackson to ball out and take this guy’s job full time while he’s out so I don’t have to hear about him. I can’t believe we didn’t take JJ freakin Watt over this dude

WEAK.

Ever hear of something called, "gamesmanship?" King was just upgraded to "Questionable" for Sunday's game at DAL. Good. Kevin King is coming off one of his best games as a Pro. We are going to need everything he can bring, along with the kitchen sink. I hope he has a STELLAR game for the Packers, to help us WIN, and shut up fleeting, uh... "fans?"

As a Packers fan, you ought to be rooting for all of them. I'm a huge Josh Jackson fan too, and I hope this Sunday turns into a pick party for our entire secondary against DAL.

LaFleur is showing himself to make liberal use of our injury reports, which I dig. Remember Bakhtiari out with the back? Jaire out with the hammy, or was it an ankle? Yeah, like that....

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
King has been upgraded from doubtful to questionable. I hope he plays, if for no other reason than for some of you to quit your *****ing.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King is in a rough boat with the fans at this point. The moment he gets dinged up from here on out the "here we go again" crowd is going to be in full effect.

Yes he needs to stay on the field but missing a game here or there due to injuries is pretty standard around the NFL. Playing 16 should be what we all hope for but generally speaking I view that as more of an anomaly and 14-15 as the general baseline.

Reaction score
King is inconsistent in that he's suseptible to the deep ball. My eye test says he can be beaten with a double move or stop-and-go because he has too often.

pro-football-reference has introduced some advanced stats. See "Advanced Defense and Fumbles" in the following link:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KingKe01.htm

This season, they have him down for a 44% completion rate (8 of 18) and a 77.2 passer-rating-against which are pretty good numbers. But note the average completion against him has gone for over 20 yards. He's giving up some big plays.

PFF has him down for 10 of 20, allocating two completions to King that p-f-r must have given to somebody else. Assigning responsibility in zone coverage can be a tricky business at times, I suppose.

He does look better than last year, all-in-all. I haven't seen him lost in zone coverage except once, a pretty common occurance last season.
Good pass D analysis. Is there a metric on his “overall” production? I say that because he:
1. Is tied for 3rd most tackles on the entire team (17) behind only a Martinez and Amos (leads the CB’s)
3. Leads all CBs in sacks (1)
4. Tied for lead of CB’s in QB hits (1); Tramon (1)
5. Is 2nd on team in PD (4); Alexander (6)
6. Tied for team lead in INT (1); Amos, Savage,
P. Smith all (1)
In just 3 official starts he is tied or leads the CB group in Tackles, Sacks, QB hits and INT
he seems to be in very good company

And that’s the rest of the story Paul Harvey :tup:

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
King is in a rough boat with the fans at this point. The moment he gets dinged up from here on out the "here we go again" crowd is going to be in full effect.

Yes he needs to stay on the field but missing a game here or there due to injuries is pretty standard around the NFL. Playing 16 should be what we all hope for but generally speaking I view that as more of an anomaly and 14-15 as the general baseline.

And the "here we go again" is totally justified. He hasn't been available consistently. But to say "I'm done supporting him" like he's trying to do this is childish.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So are we totally done with this guy? I follow Rodell's lead....always.

King is dead to me, smh, right?

Am I on the bandwagon or off the wagon? I can't tell anymore?!? Someone please tell me what to think.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
So are we totally done with this guy? I follow Rodell's lead....always.

King is dead to me, smh, right?

Am I on the bandwagon or off the wagon? I can't tell anymore?!? Someone please tell me what to think.
rodell is in denial right now. He’ll re-appear whenever King misses a game, spewing the same whinny *** **** that he was a few days ago.

He definitely won’t come get his plate of crow.

Members online

Latest posts