1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Kevin King on ir

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Lawdog, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Dantés

Dantés Gute Loot

Ratings:
    +3,264
    According to PFF, King was targeted four times last night and allowed just one catch for 17 yards. It was his highest graded game for them since he entered in the league.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5,333
    Outside of an early catch where he was well off the receiver, I don’t recall much happening Kings way until the INT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11,014
    It was definitely King's best game this season although Goodwin made him look like a fool on the reception he gave up early in the game.

4. Lawdog

Lawdog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +56
    Another injury.

5. Lawdog

Lawdog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +56
    IR wow.

6. LambeauLombardi

LambeauLombardi Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    Ted loves glass bones players. Welcome to bust territory. Outside of Aaron Jones the 2017 draft class has been DOG POOP! Nearing 2015 draft class bad. Damn, the head of Ted was so far up his butt from the 2011 draft to present. My sweet goodness, Justin Harrell thinks this guy is injury prone. Richard Sherman 2.0, bwahahahahahahaha. Best part is all of the Badger fans will remind us for the millionth time we could have drafted TJ Watt, and they got a point. Wow, wow, wow.

7. azrsx05

azrsx05 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +382
    I've said it before This guy is gonna be Teddy's last bust What sucks is Watt was there for the taking and Ted screwed this up. Make sure all that attend Teddy's HOF ceremony thank him for all his busts. The guy got lucky Rodgers fell to him and kept him employed as long as he did

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. thequick12

thequick12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +258
    I think many people wanted the Packers to draft watt at the time not just in hindsight. But king is what he is and was. A guy with a high ceiling but low probability of reaching it because of long term injury concerns. What's really terrible is the biegel pick was a bust. So you got nothing for trading down either

9. LambeauLombardi

LambeauLombardi Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    Excellent point, I've been thinking about this lately. The guy probably gets canned around 2012 if most of the other 23 teams weren't that dumb during the 2005 draft. The Woodson signing along with the Nick Collins, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, and Josh Sitton picks were all 10+ years ago. He had just the right mix of Sherman's veteran guys (Jenkins, Driver, Clifton, Wells) with his Super Bowl group. Ted looks like a genius if he had retired after 2012, but the last 7 years look really really really bad on his resume.

10. Sanguine camper

Sanguine camper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +409
    Two wrecked seasons by injuries. He's too fragile to play in the NFL. After the season, he's likely to be cut. The Packers will need his spot on the 90 man roster next season for someone who wants to play. And to think the Packers could've taken Watt. TT's last three drafts were a disaster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. JanisJubilee

JanisJubilee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,062
    He's not going to get cut next year. He's still relatively cheap and quite talented. Hopefully he can find a way to stay healthy.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +475
    guess we know where the last of those 1st round picks will be going toward. can't count on him and jackson is just a back-up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,513
    lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +1,431
    More Pac 12 Glass to pick up. Clean up on aisle 10.

15. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5,333
    King isn't getting cut. I'm not sure we can rely on him, but he's not getting cut. and Jackson isn't a back up. He's a rookie having some learning moments. he's largely played pretty well all things considered his first year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,853
    King will have now appeared in 15 out of a possible 32 games.

17. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,513

18. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5,333
    and probably half of those he appeared in, he didn't finish anyway. it has not been a good start, which is a shame, because he can be really good

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,853
    At this rate, we may never know how good. He could be the best in the world, but that doesn't amount to a can of beans if he's not on the field. Like you said, a shame.

20. 906Fan

906Fan Former Dancer

Ratings:
    +92
    With our luck we’d cut him and he’d pull a Hayward and light it up on another team.

• Like Like x 1
  21. RRyder

RRyder Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,006
    People know we can discuss a player without throwing out absurd statements right?

(Sorry I forgot this is the internet and people wanted to cut Adams before training camp even opened a few years ago)

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. RRyder

RRyder Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,006
    I think they bring back Breeland to back up King and simply use a mid round pick on a guy or bring in a mid/low teir CB in FA. Saftey, OLB and Oline (RT,RG) are much more pressing concerns

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. swhitset

swhitset Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,618
    I agree but also don’t expect to see King play much... some players just don’t seem to be able to avoid injury... or can’t play through them etc...

24. sschind

sschind Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,432
    Fred Taylor played in just 38% of the games in his first 4 years and earned the nickname fragile Fred. He came back to play in 89% of the games over the next 7 seasons. If a player has talent you don't give up on him after 2 years because of injuries.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. swhitset

swhitset Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,618
    Yep i’m not suggesting he should be given up on... I’m just not personally expecting much at this point... Those are two different things.

• Like Like x 1