Kevin King on ir

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
According to PFF, King was targeted four times last night and allowed just one catch for 17 yards. It was his highest graded game for them since he entered in the league.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Outside of an early catch where he was well off the receiver, I don’t recall much happening Kings way until the INT.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to PFF, King was targeted four times last night and allowed just one catch for 17 yards. It was his highest graded game for them since he entered in the league.

It was definitely King's best game this season although Goodwin made him look like a fool on the reception he gave up early in the game.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ted loves glass bones players. Welcome to bust territory. Outside of Aaron Jones the 2017 draft class has been DOG POOP! Nearing 2015 draft class bad. Damn, the head of Ted was so far up his butt from the 2011 draft to present. My sweet goodness, Justin Harrell thinks this guy is injury prone. Richard Sherman 2.0, bwahahahahahahaha. Best part is all of the Badger fans will remind us for the millionth time we could have drafted TJ Watt, and they got a point. Wow, wow, wow.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said it before This guy is gonna be Teddy's last bust What sucks is Watt was there for the taking and Ted screwed this up. Make sure all that attend Teddy's HOF ceremony thank him for all his busts. The guy got lucky Rodgers fell to him and kept him employed as long as he did

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think many people wanted the Packers to draft watt at the time not just in hindsight. But king is what he is and was. A guy with a high ceiling but low probability of reaching it because of long term injury concerns. What's really terrible is the biegel pick was a bust. So you got nothing for trading down either

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said it before This guy is gonna be Teddy's last bust What sucks is Watt was there for the taking and Ted screwed this up. Make sure all that attend Teddy's HOF ceremony thank him for all his busts. The guy got lucky Rodgers fell to him and kept him employed as long as he did

Excellent point, I've been thinking about this lately. The guy probably gets canned around 2012 if most of the other 23 teams weren't that dumb during the 2005 draft. The Woodson signing along with the Nick Collins, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, and Josh Sitton picks were all 10+ years ago. He had just the right mix of Sherman's veteran guys (Jenkins, Driver, Clifton, Wells) with his Super Bowl group. Ted looks like a genius if he had retired after 2012, but the last 7 years look really really really bad on his resume.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two wrecked seasons by injuries. He's too fragile to play in the NFL. After the season, he's likely to be cut. The Packers will need his spot on the 90 man roster next season for someone who wants to play. And to think the Packers could've taken Watt. TT's last three drafts were a disaster.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not going to get cut next year. He's still relatively cheap and quite talented. Hopefully he can find a way to stay healthy.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King isn't getting cut. I'm not sure we can rely on him, but he's not getting cut. and Jackson isn't a back up. He's a rookie having some learning moments. he's largely played pretty well all things considered his first year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King will have now appeared in 15 out of a possible 32 games.
and probably half of those he appeared in, he didn't finish anyway. it has not been a good start, which is a shame, because he can be really good

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and probably half of those he appeared in, he didn't finish anyway. it has not been a good start, which is a shame, because he can be really good
At this rate, we may never know how good. He could be the best in the world, but that doesn't amount to a can of beans if he's not on the field. Like you said, a shame.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
With our luck we’d cut him and he’d pull a Hayward and light it up on another team.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two wrecked seasons by injuries. He's too fragile to play in the NFL. After the season, he's likely to be cut. The Packers will need his spot on the 90 man roster next season for someone who wants to play. And to think the Packers could've taken Watt. TT's last three drafts were a disaster.

People know we can discuss a player without throwing out absurd statements right?

(Sorry I forgot this is the internet and people wanted to cut Adams before training camp even opened a few years ago)

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
guess we know where the last of those 1st round picks will be going toward. can't count on him and jackson is just a back-up.

I think they bring back Breeland to back up King and simply use a mid round pick on a guy or bring in a mid/low teir CB in FA. Saftey, OLB and Oline (RT,RG) are much more pressing concerns

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they bring back Breeland to back up King and simply use a mid round pick on a guy or bring in a mid/low teir CB in FA. Saftey, OLB and Oline (RT,RG) are much more pressing concerns
I agree but also don’t expect to see King play much... some players just don’t seem to be able to avoid injury... or can’t play through them etc...

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree but also don’t expect to see King play much... some players just don’t seem to be able to avoid injury... or can’t play through them etc...

Fred Taylor played in just 38% of the games in his first 4 years and earned the nickname fragile Fred. He came back to play in 89% of the games over the next 7 seasons. If a player has talent you don't give up on him after 2 years because of injuries.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fred Taylor played in just 38% of the games in his first 4 years and earned the nickname fragile Fred. He came back to play in 89% of the games over the next 7 seasons. If a player has talent you don't give up on him after 2 years because of injuries.
Yep i’m not suggesting he should be given up on... I’m just not personally expecting much at this point... Those are two different things.

Members online